DEAD: Target Mobile 4/22-4/28 - $20 Off Video Game Offer

• Please log in to reply
1967 replies to this topic

#1 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $29.99. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

And yes, I see this posted in the Target weekly ad post, but that doesn't seem to be generating a lot of traffic.

Edit by Io: Critically important info ripped from the Target weekly ad post that needs to be here:

Only at stores with Target Mobile. Hours vary by location. Visit www.Target.nextworth.com for store hours and location. Guest will be given a $20 coupon good towards the purchase of any videogame priced $29.99 or higher. Coupon must be redeemed for game at the time of trade-in transaction, as coupon is only valid on that day. Discs must not be cracked or heavily scratched. Original artwork, case and manual required to receive coupon.

4/24/12 Update:
-Deal is still running and as suggested any two games that are complete with manual and case are accepted.
-If the game is not listed on NextWorth's list, a promo code can be applied to accept the game
-The $20 off coupon will expire the same day you received it
-The Target Mobile people are RadioShack employees meaning Target employees can do nothing for you if you are denied for whatever reason

YMMV List:
-Some Target Mobile stations have a restriction on the number of times you can receive the coupon. That is by choice of the manager
-It has been reported this coupon works with PSN Cards/Xbox Live/etc...Coupon reads $20 off $29.99 or greater game so it can be rejected
-It has been reported this coupon can work by buying multiple video game items with a pre tax total of at least $29.99. It can be rejected for the same reason mentioned previously
-You may be able to PM a competitor's ad, but you will need a printed ad. You may still be rejected depending on the manager on duty

Another Io Edit: List of $29.99 games at Target courtesy of CAG ShockandAww:
Spoiler

Edited by io, 25 April 2012 - 08:10 AM.
Added list of $29.99 games

Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#2 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks OP. This could be interesting.

#3 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Oh yes. Time to unload all my copies of "Truth or Lies" on PS3.

#4 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

how do you know if you can trade in at target?

#5 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Your target needs to have a mobile phone kiosk which would be located in electronics

#6 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Just a heads up if you trade in any mobile phone that works you can get a $30 electronics gift card. It should be all target mobiles, but it ends today. I just traded in an old $10 go phone and picked up mw3 with a tru price match .

#7 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games (current gen) you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $40. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

And yes, I see this posted in the Target weekly ad post, but that doesn't seem to be generating a lot of traffic.

what is CURRENT GEN?
WOOOO I STINK

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Just a heads up if you trade in any mobile phone that works you can get a $30 electronics gift card. It should be all target mobiles, but it ends today. I just traded in an old $10 go phone and picked up mw3 with a tru price match .

Woah woah... Details?

Any cell phone that powers on? Is there a limit on the Gift Cards? I have like ten of the Samsung Axxx go phones that I bought from Best buy for like $3 each a few months ago. I would unload those in a heartbeat for a $30 gift card

#9 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

would that include a POS pay as you go phone from virgin mobile lol

#10 cmb00

cmb00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

why would you buy 10 phones?

#11 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

never know when your gonna need a burner man...

#12 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Because they were $3 a piece and unlocked on AT&T.

There are always trade in programs with minimum values like this to exploit.

#13 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'll look into this. Not a bad deal at all. Oh wait...I know this will get exploited rather quickly.

#14 Murderstorm

Murderstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Will ask when I go there the people at electronics are dumb asses and probably don't know about this

#15 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

WHAT ABOUT THE PHONE DEAL?! I have 2 crappy phones I have no use for in the future :|

and I wonder how long the coupons last and what restrictions exist for the trade in games... I have GS credit I wouldnt mind using to get Mario tennis with <.< with a bit of manipulation

#16 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'll have to look into this phone trade-in today. I have some phones that I was going to recycle, but I'll try Target first. I doubt they'll accept these, though, because a couple of them are at least ten years old.

#17 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

be nice but will never work

pick up 2 99 cent games at gamestop for ps3

take it over to target get 40 buck vita games for 20
WOOOO I STINK

#18 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

YMMV on the giftcard. I just talked with the mobile representative for the store I work at, and while yes, you do get $30, he is saying that it has to be used towards a new phone. However, it can be any phone, regardless of age and has to be in working condition. Turns on, screen isn't cracked, the basics.

Edit: Just checked with another Target, and they claim it's a giftcard. So I'm going to try at my store first and go from there.

card.png

#19 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Any phone?????? Where are the details on this. I got a couple of old phones I would love to get rid of for $30
Posted Image

#20 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Nice, hopefully this works at my Target.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#21 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I hope ya'll confirm the Phone AND the Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#22 AdmrlBalls

AdmrlBalls

Beefcake pantyhose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I was informed by our Target Mobile representative that starting this Sunday (4/22) if you trade in any two games (current gen) you will receive a $20 off coupon for any video game priced over $40. The text on the flyer I read didn't seem to argue it so it may be a good time to unload some old sports games and what not.

This seems to differ with what the Target weekly ad post says. It claims:

"Save $20 on any game $29.99 and up when you trade in two games (not clear on what titles are eligible, its likely for AAA/high value games)"

So not sure if you can unload old sports games, etc. That sure would be nice though...

Also, I'd be interested to see if this phone trade-in works too. I have a 3-year old LG slider phone that says it has no cash value on Target's Trade-in site. I'd gladly take a $30 gift card for it though in store :lol:

AdmrlBalls.png

#23 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

I can buy cheap pre paid phones for 10$ or less and flip them for 30 ? Lmao this is too good to be true, flipper time baby !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#24 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Just called my Target and they said that you need to buy a phone to get a gift card....

EDIT: Looking at the ad online, page 20 of 28 it states the following "save at least $30 on any contract phone when you trade in your working mobile phone"

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#25 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

No wonder Target has so many problems...

#26 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just called my Target and they said that you need to buy a phone to get a gift card....

EDIT: Looking at the ad online, page 20 of 28 it states the following "save at least $30 on any contract phone when you trade in your working mobile phone"

Well it looks like there wont be any flipping :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#27 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

So does it have to be AAA games for the deal to work?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#28 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well it looks like there wont be any flipping :(

Return the phone and get the $30 gift card back? :-s

#29 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Confused...:roll:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#30 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Confused...:roll:

Lol.

Thread Summary.

Phone trade in is YMMV as ad seems to say 30$ GC towards a new contract.

Game trade in appears legit, however it is unknown if 99 cent used games will work to net you the 20$ GC.