http://the-magicbox....me120420a.shtml

Also, Kirby's Collection for Wii :)
"Evil is Funs"

#2 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Am I the only one whose reaction to this announcement was *yawn*?

I'd rather have seen a sequel to SM3DL.

#3 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Am I the only one whose reaction to this announcement was *yawn*?

I'd rather have seen a sequel to SM3DL.

Your not the only one. Based on the screenshots it looks exactly like the DS and Wii versions, but then again it is a sequel. I would probably get it at some point after playing kingdom hearts 3D, if nothing interesting is coming out for awhile.

#4 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Looks cool to me. Have they mentioned online coop play? Mario really needs this.

#5 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Co-op?

If there's a Mario vs. Luigi mode like the first NSMB had, I'll buy it day one. If it's online, I'll break into NCL's HQ and steal two copies early.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#6 UndyingForce

UndyingForce

The Host with the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

I wasnt very excited when this was announced but I am sure it will be a fun game. Still holding out for a metroid annoucement this june
3DS Friend code: 1848-2470-1258

Sell/Trade List:
Guides: Metroid Zero Mission, Rogue Squadron, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, SoulCalibur II (BradyGames)

PIN #s for Club Nintendo: Mario Kart DS

#7 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

I will buy it since the Tanooki suit is back, but it looks exactly like the Wii and DS versions. I wish they took a more stylized approach to it and made it look different (kinda like how SMB3 and SMW was).
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

Where is Luigis Mansion?

#9 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Based solely on these few screenshots, this looks overly simplistic and generic. Hoping it turns out good though, but not expecting much. SM3DL was a Mario game that actually showed signs of creativity, and detail to level design. I hope they keep that momentum going with this.

#10 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Where is Luigis Mansion?

Seriously, that and Paper Mario were announced like around launch, right? No news for a while now.

#11 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

As much as I loved the original NSMB... I was hoping for something genuinely new (like SM3D Land). This game and Paper Mario just seem like older games with 3D stuck on them.:-/

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#12 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Seriously, that and Paper Mario were announced like around launch, right? No news for a while now.

I'm starting to get annoyed waiting for both of those.

#13 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm more interested in that Kirby collection.

Hoping for a Wii disc collection that includes Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby's Dream Course since I missed out on those on the SNES days. Maybe include the Japan only SNES version of Kirby's Starstacker!

Would prefer a physical copy of those games, even though most are available on the Virtual Console.

#14 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

As much as I loved the original NSMB... I was hoping for something genuinely new (like SM3D Land). This game and Paper Mario just seem like older games with 3D stuck on them.:-/

Paper Mario is definitely a new game.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#15 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

For instance, we anticipate that “Super Mario 3D Land” and “Mario Kart 7” will bring in a substantial profit in the next fiscal year and the year after that. On the other hand, we will be able to do various things in the field of digital business. Up until now, once consumers who had bought a game got tired of it, they would never play it and it would never draw public attention again. Even if the game had the sales potential to other new consumers, they rarely actually bought it because the consumers who already had bought it would never talk about it again and the game would be considered an old one. Having said that, what if we could provide add-on content through the network? As I referred to before, for example, this is the idea of supplying new stages to Super Mario users who want to play the game more but have completed the game and lost interest in the existing stages. This will not only give us new profits but will lengthen the life of a product, in that it will never be out of fashion and can keep attracting public attention as long as many people play it.

I guess this is the Super Mario game Iwata was referring to about doing DLC on. Just imagine Nintendo doing DLC for pokemon games, they will be rich!

#16 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Well, the "mistake" of saying New Super Mario Bros. 2 not being an eShop title...I dunno, I think it'll be released on the eShop as well as retail. I just don't know when.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#17 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I like 2D mario more than 3D mario (meaning game type, of course, not 3D effect - 2D with 3D effect is certainly cool), so this sounds good to me. But I'm a lot more excited about Paper Mario 3DS. :)

#18 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

New super mario bros 2 will be offered for packaged or full download to SD card

Knew it.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#19 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

Knew it.

At least downloadable games on 3DS is viable since SD cards are pretty cheap unlike the Vita, and Nintendo games hold there value for a long time.

Hoping Nintendo adds Wireless N for a revised 3DS though.

#20 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

There's already a full fledged RPG coming to the 3DS, and that is surprising enough.
For New Super Mario Bros. 2, that is surprising because Nintendo is actually considering releasing it through the download service. The 2D platformers were never had that big of a filesize to begin with, so this sequel won't take up much space on the SD card.

I'm now worried about the pricing. $12 for Shantae is my limit, but to plunk down at least $25? I'm not so sure. The retail copy better be $30 or at least come with swag.

Batsugunner.png

#21 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

Still hope SUPER MARIO RPG: Legend of 7 STARS for 3DS Remake, lol
"Evil is Funs"

#22 ebilcanival

ebilcanival

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

I replayed that about a month ago and that would be a big bucket of win.

#23 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Bumping this up since it's out now. I'm in world three at the moment and am enjoying it quite a bit so far. The one bad thing I've seen so far is that the soundtrack is maybe okay at best, but it's not nearly as good as it should be for a game that's an homage to the NES/SNES classics.

#24 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

Got my game today. I have some complaints with the game. First off, the game looks like the other two NSMB games (I mean almost exactly). Plus the music is pretty much ripped off the other two NSMB games (and I dislike the music of the first two games).

I guess I was hoping for more, than just being so similar. I mean I know the game is a sequel to NSMB but this feel too much like they just copied and pasted the formula exactly like NSMB and made the graphics sharper. Plus the grab millions of coins feels weird because your never going to run out of lives, I am at world 2 with over 100 lives now :lol:.

I am having fun with it overall, but it's something I wished there was more to.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#25 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

So, Worth $40? The only reason I will consider at this price is for the extra coins.

#26 jcally

jcally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

I just downloaded it and getting ready to head upstairs and fire it up. Fingers crossed for a great mario game, but my expectations are somewhat tempered by the mixed reviews.

19740.png

3DS: 4124-5509-6700 /  Wii U: jcally

#27 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

Got my game today. I have some complaints with the game. First off, the game looks like the other two NSMB games (I mean almost exactly). Plus the music is pretty much ripped off the other two NSMB games (and I dislike the music of the first two games).

I guess I was hoping for more, than just being so similar. I mean I know the game is a sequel to NSMB but this feel too much like they just copied and pasted the formula exactly like NSMB and made the graphics sharper. Plus the grab millions of coins feels weird because your never going to run out of lives, I am at world 2 with over 100 lives now :lol:.

I am having fun with it overall, but it's something I wished there was more to.

That's weird. I thought they were getting rid of lives. They have been pointless in every mario game since galaxy.

I hated the music in NSMB Wii. It was the same "ba buh baa" choir in nearly every level.

#28 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

i have to say im enjoying it a lot. granted im a sucker for mario, so more of the same is fine by me.

nintendo is among the best in level design and this game is no different.. im looking for secrets all over the place.. finding a lot, and feeling like im missing a ton more.

they said they would release more levels via DLC, right? or did i make that up in my head? because if the price is decent i will be all for that.

oh, and i love the fact that nintendo is now selling full games on the eshop.. one less cartridge to keep track of. sales would normally trump that advantage for me, but nintendo published games rarely go on sale anyway.

#29 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

I've just tried the game on my 3DS XL and I think it looks better, not sure why. Game does look super small on the original 3DS screen but maybe that's why it was more impressive than when I played on the original. Still weird cause most games will look better on the old 3DS due to the screen's higher DPI. I can say the game looks way better than the first one and difficulty is higher if I compare just the first worlds from both games. So far I'm really enjoying it and will beat it playing 1-2 worlds a day.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#30 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

got it today via gamefly and really dont care for the controlls (maybe my buttons are sticking or something) but the controlls just seem a little loose

if 7 stars came out i buy that day 1 no problems .... I still remember getting that game for 15 bucks 3 days after it came out.... Was about to buy it at TRU and had a funny feeling to call pawnshops for the hell of it... They said some drunk looking person came in and pawned it day 1... its been 3 days and they never came back for it and sold it to me for 15 bucks complete

Got it in my system like 5pm and played it till 5am that night ...... I miss the good old days like that
WOOOO I STINK