• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

http://www.amazon.co...earch-alias=aps

prices valid until 5/7

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#2 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

Anyone recommend the .hack/ series?

Other than that, most are just recycled sale from last year.

#3 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Doesn't seem like the best prices these have ever been. Always wanted to blind buy Summer Wars, but it refuses to drop below $15. :\

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#4 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

damn, no drops on the available dragon boxes? Usually when they have these sales those drop in price too

#5 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Really tempted to get Sengoku Basara: Complete Series (which is only season 1, no idea why the call it the complete set) for $20. I probably will hold back just case I got it on Netflix and don't even make time to watch it.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#6 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Quantum, you mean? Not really, no.

$30 is a steal for Princess Jellyfish, though. One of the best shows of the last couple years.

Really tempted to get Sengoku Basara: Complete Series (which is only season 1, no idea why the call it the complete set) for $20. I probably will hold back just case I got it on Netflix and don't even make time to watch it.

I just watched it over the last few days. Not really worth owning, but it was entertaining enough for a one-time watch. Absolutely zero depth.
Posted Image

#7 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

I paid $15 for it and I thought it was okay, really nice animation too.

There's nothing in this sale for me sadly, I'd really like a Clannad Blu Ray sale at some point... some day...

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#8 Rexall

Rexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Sales look bleh at best. Only thing I'd get is Trigun Badlands Rumble. Everything else I'll wait til they're about $15

#9 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

$30 is a steal for Princess Jellyfish, though. One of the best shows of the last couple years.

Good show for what was made but it doesn't really come to a satisfying ending. Same goes for Clannad which I just finished. I would really like to hear that they are going to finish these shows.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#10 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Good show for what was made but it doesn't really come to a satisfying ending. Same goes for Clannad which I just finished. I would really like to hear that they are going to finish these shows.

Did you watch the Clannad sequel series, After Story? I can say with the utmost certainty that that has a satisfying ending.

MAN, does it have a satisfying ending... ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#11 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Doesn't seem like the best prices these have ever been. Always wanted to blind buy Summer Wars, but it refuses to drop below $15. :\

Summer Wars is awesome, get it!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#12 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

Summer Wars is awesome, get it!

Seconded. You will not be disappointed. :applause:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

#13 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Quantum, which is the one on sale, no.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#14 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Can anyone recommend Hetalia? or Even Darker Than Black?

#15 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Did you watch the Clannad sequel series, After Story? I can say with the utmost certainty that that has a satisfying ending.

Seconded........son of a bitch that was a fantastic ending!!!!! I may or may not have cried........now I have to punch something endangered and dangerous to boost my man cred back up..
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#16 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:50 AM

Opps. my bad I meant claymore not clannad, I just got clannad and haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#17 argyle

argyle

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:02 AM

I would get Hetalia for my wife because she LOVES that show - but $20 for the complete series, which isn't really complete, then $20 for season 3, then $15 for the movie? And the show is only 5 mins an episode, so the seasons aren't very long anyway? Eh, I'll wait for a cheaper price and/or a true "complete" set - maybe even on blu.
Posted Image

#18 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

After Story is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#19 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 AM

The ending of After Story is absolutely terrible, but that's a different discussion — something more suited for say, the anime thread in the off topic forum.

As for this sale, everyone should be buying, Full Metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, both Evangelion movies, Summer Wars, Eden of the East, and Princess Jellyfish.

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

My brother and I are working through Eden of the East, and we're both loving it so far, but I'm wondering if I should get the sequel movies while they're on sale. Is that a good idea?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#21 lorddct

lorddct

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

My brother and I are working through Eden of the East, and we're both loving it so far, but I'm wondering if I should get the sequel movies while they're on sale. Is that a good idea?

The movies aren't as good as the tv series. They should have done 2 more series instead of two movies :(

#22 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:49 AM

Can anyone recommend Hetalia? or Even Darker Than Black?

Neither.

The movies are nowhere near as good as the TV series, but if you really enjoy the characters and want to watch them talk at each other for another 3-4 hours, you might still like them enough.
Posted Image

#23 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

I disagree on Darker Than Black. I just finished watching it, and thoroughly enjoyed the elements that it mixed. Lemon just hates most everything =P

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#24 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

I disagree on Darker Than Black. I just finished watching it, and thoroughly enjoyed the elements that it mixed. Lemon just hates most everything =P

Everything that sucks! ;)
Posted Image

#25 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

So after the recommendations, I am going to try Summer Wars. How about The Girl Who Leapt Through Time? Is it worth $24?

As for Eden of the East, I enjoyed it. I felt like the end was a little rushed but it was a fun adventure.

#26 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Kirin usually deal breaks for me(EVERY show Kirin recommended is a award winner for me and wife) Wanting to bite on Girl Who Leapt Through Time as Well...any recommends?

#27 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Eden of the East was just alright for me, It had huge potential to be awesome but instead of focusing on "the game" and the other selecao it was too much all over the place and lighthearted. The premise was amazing, I'm just really sad it didn't go anywhere.

I just noticed that they just released a new FMA Brotherhood collection that has half the series for $36.99, it's a better deal than buying the blu-ray packs seperately. The second half comes out in July apparently. It's very tempting...

ostzsk.jpg

#28 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Kirin usually deal breaks for me(EVERY show Kirin recommended is a award winner for me and wife) Wanting to bite on Girl Who Leapt Through Time as Well...any recommends?

Glad to hear it! :D

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is excellent, and I'd suggest picking it up sooner rather than later, what with Bandai's eventual collapse.
Posted Image

#29 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Awww, I was hoping for Heaven's Lost Property to be on the list. Well I got a week or so to start watching Sekirei and see if I like it.

#30 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

thanks for the heads up.

could i get an opinion on the Samurai Champloo: Complete Series (Blu-Ray). is it good quality and has it been sold for much cheaper? thanks in advance.