• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

Seen on SD credit LizardSlayer

As the title says The Lord of the Rings: War in the North Collector's Edition 360 and PS3 CE available for shipping and in store pickup when I got one.

http://www.bestbuy.c...tegories&ks=960

Edited by Wanderlai, 01 May 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#2 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

This is why I hate being paid bi weekly.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

You can easily edit the thread title, OP--just click the "Edit" button for your post then click "Go Advanced" at the bottom.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#5 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

This is why I hate being paid bi weekly.

agreed, the person who thought it up should be treated like the cyclops in #96 LOL. It's bad enuf waiting 2 weeks to get your 1st check.
http://www.cheapassg...t=307974&page=5

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Should I? Should I?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

You can easily edit the thread title, OP--just click the "Edit" button for your post then click "Go Advanced" at the bottom.

Thanks for that. Been here all this time and I "lernt" something :)

#8 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

I ordered one. I love the quiver. Like everyone else i will be snapping the disc in half since it is virtually unfinishable with all of the glitches

Instead of snapping the disc in half, you could trade it back in to BBY for $18/$19.20 (w/ GCU) after the 50% extra credit (NOTE: This is for the :ps3: version, as the :360: version is worth $2 less base). Then it's like you bought the quiver and stuff for $20, which might be a pretty good deal for some.

Not for me, though. 8-)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#9 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

So tempting...
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#10 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hmmmm..$20 map and quiver which can then be converted into a backpack for my daughter.... She'll be the coolest kid in daycare that's for sure :-k

#11 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hmmmm..$20 map and quiver which can then be converted into a backpack for my daughter.... She'll be the coolest kid in daycare that's for sure :-k

They would throw her out and call Homeland security if she walked in with a quiver and 2 plastic arrows.

#12 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

They would throw her out and call Homeland security if she walked in with a quiver and 2 plastic arrows.

but she's pretending to be Pocohantas. :P

rm8ylt.gif

#13 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

picked this up when gs had it for 40 and used a pur certificate to knock it down to 15. anyhoo, i've played only about 2-3 hrs, but that whole time has been spent sitting in the pub and gambling with the munchkin guy and his 'riddles.' dunno y but i find solving his riddles and making money lots of fun. so, umm..yeah... get this game if you like solving riddles?

side note, the bonus disc is just a dvd with a couple tracks (2-3) from the soundtrack and a video of inon zur and how he made the music. kinda underwhelming, but like i said, betting money to solve riddles is fun.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#14 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

I missed out when Gamestop had the same sale price, now I have another chance to add to my map collection. Thanks OP!
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#15 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:44 AM

Damn should have waited.. ugh. I really need to work on this patience thing, especially with my backlog. Damnit.

#16 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

I was worried too but my playthrough was glitch-free on PS3, and my brother's was on his 360 copy. It's a shame that a lot of people got screwed but keep in mind they would obviously be the vocal ones spreading their experiences on the internet compared to the average player that encounters no or very few problems.

#17 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

Rented this game when it was released and I played thru the campaign glitch free. Picking one up, not a bad game for those who love Dark Alliance.
Posted Image

#18 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

what's the best way to get this the LEAST damaged: ship to store or shipped to home?

#19 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

what's the best way to get this the LEAST damaged: ship to store or shipped to home?

whichever one you end up not choosing... :)

BB let me down on their ME3 CE shipment to my house.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#20 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

i think its because that fit in an envelope. the only way they could ship this lotr ce is in a box, and the general consensus here is if the ce doesn't fit in an envelope, bb shipping has been pretty good.
i got skyrim ce, kz3 helghast, mw2 prestige, and bioshock 2 ce all shipped in the manufacturers shipping boxes, so they all arrived perfect.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#21 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Ok, ship to store it is.

i think its because that fit in an envelope. the only way they could ship this lotr ce is in a box, and the general consensus here is if the ce doesn't fit in an envelope, bb shipping has been pretty good.
i got skyrim ce, kz3 helghast, mw2 prestige, and bioshock 2 ce all shipped in the manufacturers shipping boxes, so they all arrived perfect.

Ok, but didn't see your message until after I placed my order.

So I got it shipped to store. Used my Disney universe store credit so buying this was a no-brainer. How the hell was the msrp $140 though? That's just crazy. I feel like I'm barely getting my money's worth at $40.

#22 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Aw crap, I would've bought this here instead of GS for the double reward points. Oh well.

#23 majorjohn

majorjohn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

several ship to home from BB arrived in perfect condition; one store pick steel case was bent, according to my experience, my local BB sucks, things got damanged in this store's warehouse.

#24 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Damn, I really like the extras (quiver looks awesome) but I just checked out the IGN review and the game looks very mediocre.

Maybe worth holding out until this thing goes on clearance for 20-30?

#25 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

but she's pretending to be Pocohantas. :P

Or that katniss girl from the hunger games

#26 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

several ship to home from BB arrived in perfect condition; one store pick steel case was bent, according to my experience, my local BB sucks, things got damanged in this store's warehouse.

oh yeah, i forgot that they send a game from store/warehouse closest to you if you ship to store. fine, i just cancelled my order. will re-order it and have them ship to home.

#27 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Ship to Store wouldn't be s bad deal if you are buying other thing. If you add another $60 to that you'll get a free $10 gift card. Of course that is if there's $60 more you want to spend

rm8ylt.gif

#28 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Ship to Store wouldn't be s bad deal if you are buying other thing. If you add another $60 to that you'll get a free $10 gift card. Of course that is if there's $60 more you want to spend

Combine this, a B2G1 on the DotW, BF3 and a filler :)

There's your $100.

#29 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

What's this about B2G1?

rm8ylt.gif

#30 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines