• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#1 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

NEW THREAD FOR 2013 ... click here!

Edited by reddjoey, 17 October 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#2 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

XBLA, Leftovers, Promos, & Drops

Xbox Live Arcade
:

Promos:

Please check the Xbox Rewards Wiki for info on monthly rewards.

Current Monthly Rewards (July):

#1 Get 200 Microsoft Points back when you spend 800 Microsoft Points or more on any eligible Superhero Movies, Game Add-ons, or Avatar Items in July!

#2 Get $10 Off A Ticket to The Amazing Spider-Man!™ ... Buy any eligible Spider-Man content from Zune Video and get up to $10 toward a movie ticket to see The Amazing Spider-Man™! Or, get a coupon for $5 toward a concession purchase. It's your choice! You must be an Xbox LIVE Rewards member to redeem this offer, so now's the time to join for free if you haven't already! And if you complete your purchase by June 30th, you will receive your code to redeem your coupon on or around July 2nd, the day before The Amazing Spider-Man™ is released in theaters! If purchase is processed on or prior to 6/30, you will receive an e-mail containing your promotional code on or around 7/2. If purchase is processed post 6/30 and on or prior to 7/9, you will receive an e-mail containing your promotional code on or around 7/11.

Edited by reddjoey, 13 September 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#3 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to Xbox Live. These deals are only available to them.

Q: I'm an XBOX LIVE FREE member, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount?
A: No. 48 hour codes only work for online play.

Q: What about the promotional GOLD weekends?
A: No. Those only allow online play.

Q: How long is this deal going on?
A: One week (seven days) unless otherwise noted.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price, what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to Xbox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account. Sometimes there is a disconnect between Xbox.com and the Xbox Dashboard.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deal of the Week deals go live on Tuesday morning usually around 9am EST. (Monday's before 3/22/11)

Q: What about all the other sales and promos?
A: Microsoft has gotten into the habit of offering other sales and promos as well as the Deal of the Week. I list them in this thread to reduce clutter on the Deals Forum and to help maximize your savings.

Q: Should I have any concerns about waiting to buying something on sale?
A: After a few years of experience with Xbox LIVE. I think you might want to know:
-Items can be pulled from Xbox.com with little or no notice (Games, Content, DLC)
-If you wait for an item to go on sale, it might never come (and the item(s) could be pulled)
-End dates can be flimsy. This could mean the sale is cut a bit short (RARE) or run a bit over (Happening more often). Don't count on this happening if you are on the fence. You might miss the sale.
-Consider keeping 800-1200 points on reserve for a 1-Day sale. They are rare, but you will kick yourself if you miss it

Q: What if I don't see a sale/promo listed here?
A: Post it and PM me. PM's are the best way to make sure I see the missing info and get this thread updated.

Q: Are there any other links I should know about?
A: Yes.
CAG Xbox 360 Forum - Discussion on games and lots of gaming groups to join.
CAG Xbox Live Free Stuff Thread - Great thread and discussion of the free things on Xbox Live
CAG Xbox Live Subscription Thread - Great thread about the deals for Xbox Live on the dashboard
CAG Xbox Live Code Trading Thread - CAGs trading XBL codes.
Xbox Live Rewards - Sign up here to get "rewards"/rebates for Xbox Live purchases and other things. New offers every month, CAG discussion here.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox UK DotW
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Spylon's Xbox Live Database
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you mind if I copy this info and post it somewhere else?
A: Not really, but I hope you would respect my hard work enough to mention where you got it from and not just straight copy and paste my posts.

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes. These are all 7 days unless, otherwise noted.

Q: I noticed some talk about "compilation discs?" What is that and is it cheaper?
A: Some of the content from Xbox Live has been put on retail discs. Some discs have XBLA games, others have several pieces of DLC from one game. Depending on what content you are looking for it you might want to consider looking for a retail disc. Some CAGs and myself have put together this handy list. When an item that can be found on one of these disc goes on sale, a disc vs D/L discussion will likely come up in the thread.

Thanks for the input/help:
Chrono Gear, jputahraptor, sanger, salty tbone, BudzMcGee, kburns10, typical guy, Easy Reader, mxpowar

Q: What about the old threads?
A: Old thread links:
2010 - Part 1
2010 - Part 2
2011 - Part 1
2011 - Part 2
2012 Part 1

Edited by reddjoey, 24 July 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#4 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

What's in the DLC?

Sorry, but I really only do this when I have extra time to do so. I will try harder to use this more!!

Battlefield 3

Back to Karkland
For purchasing the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3, you can grab your Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge! Note that Back to Karkand requires the latest Multiplayer Update to play. Back to Karkand is a massive themed expansion pack. It features four of the most loved Battlefield maps ever, boldly reimagined with the power of the Frostbite 2 engine. It also gives you new weapons, vehicles, dog tags, and persistence in the form of all-new "assignments" to carry out on the battlefield. The maps included are Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island. All have been redesigned from Battlefield 2 as a return years later, changing the scenery and adding the powerful destruction that Frostbite 2 brings to the game. Adds 5 achievements totaling 120 points.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#5 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

First! (if you have more to add Joey let me know and I'll delete my post. But I believe you're done)

Also, you may still be updating the OP, but you'll want to add Haunt, Guwange, Virtual On, and that weird Japanese game DLC too the OP, probably under miscellaneous sales.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

MS has been dropping the ball for the last few weeks in terms of sales...at least I get Trine 2 for free today on PSN.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

New thread smell. I like it. Thanks reddjoey!

#8 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Reddjoey, can you add a question/answer to the FAQ about how to purchase GoD games with points? That question seems to come up pretty regularly.

#9 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

MS has been dropping the ball for the last few weeks in terms of sales...at least I get Trine 2 for free today on PSN.

Awesomenauts too! Woohoo!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

First! (if you have more to add Joey let me know and I'll delete my post. But I believe you're done)

Also, you may still be updating the OP, but you'll want to add Haunt, Guwange, Virtual On, and that weird Japanese game DLC too the OP, probably under miscellaneous sales.

I'm waiting for more details to shake put on that. I think some might be permanently reduced and the other an oddity that will disappear. I'll update the OP some more when I get back to my PC tonight.

Reddjoey, can you add a question/answer to the FAQ about how to purchase GoD games with points? That question seems to come up pretty regularly.

I certainly will, hopefully people will read it. I also need to add a list of XBLA games that can be found cheaper at B&M stores (if anyone has a list). Like I said above, I will update more when I get home.
Posted Image

#11 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

I certainly will, hopefully people will read it. I also need to add a list of XBLA games that can be found cheaper at B&M stores (if anyone has a list). Like I said above, I will update more when I get home.

Thanks. And thanks again for maintaining this thread despite your busy schedule. :D

Edited by Thrinn, 01 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#12 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

I tell ya Joey, you're overworked and....well paid about the right amount. ;)
Thanks for the new thread

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#13 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm waiting for more details to shake put on that. I think some might be permanently reduced and the other an oddity that will disappear. I'll update the OP some more when I get back to my PC tonight.

Gotcha, thanks.

#14 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

I agree, I'm pretty baffled as to what the gold exclusive sales are. I would grab them quick if interested, especially since the May rewards is on music DLC.

Here is the status as we know it:

Family Pack? Could Haunt be the family pack deal? Sucks that they don't show up on the dash but do appreciate the extra sale.
NIN2-JUMP - Gold Price: 200 ($2.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Game for Windows Live - DOTW
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - 1200 ($15.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Unknown
Mushihimesama-hutari-Black-Lavel - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Cyber Troopers Virtual On Oratorio Tangram - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Haunt - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Guwange - Gold Price: 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Price Drops
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - 1600 ($20.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Alice: Madness Returns - 2400 ($30.00) Microsoft Points - 25% off - xbldb
Yahtzee - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Sorry! - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Sorry! Sliders - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Scrabble - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Jenga - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Pictureka - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Connect 4 - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Connect 4x4 - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Battleship - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
Boggle - Full Game - 400 ($5.00) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed

#15 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Mushihimesama-hutari-Black-Lavel - Gold Price: 600 ($7.50) Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

The information page looks a bit.....lacking. Is this a North American release? Looks very odd to me.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#16 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

It's technically a Japanese-only game, but it's region free, so you could import it & then get the DLC off the US marketplace.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:07 PM

I wish those Family Game Night games would drop more

#18 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

I agree, I'm pretty baffled as to what the gold exclusive sales are. I would grab them quick if interested, especially since the May rewards is on music DLC.

Here is the status as we know it:

Family Pack? Could Haunt be the family pack deal? Sucks that they don't show up on the dash but do appreciate the extra sale.

Yeah, I just guessed and will fix it this evening. Between the CAGs here and your site, we usually beat MS's press team on announcing sales.

Like Syplon said. If you see a sale you like, grab it since we aren't sure what is what.
Posted Image

#19 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

The information page looks a bit.....lacking. Is this a North American release? Looks very odd to me.

It's a region free Japanese release, bullet hell shooter.

http://en.wikipedia....ime-sama_Futari

Wonder who does the translations for the marketplace. I know about the r/l and v/b swapping, but don't think I've seen h swapped for f.

#20 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Great time to put the BF3 dlc on sale with it being $20 at BB yesterday. Will probably grab this.

#21 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

Wow, the deal of the week is something that the majority of players got for free with first run copies? Super weak. They could've at least put all the other Battlefield stuff on sale too for the thirtieth time to make it somewhat more respectable.

Also, just for the unaware, all those family game night titles that got cut in price, the servers are closed for them now, as of I think today. Good timing for that drop. Oh EA. :sigh:

#22 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

It's a region free Japanese release, bullet hell shooter.

http://en.wikipedia....ime-sama_Futari

Wonder who does the translations for the marketplace. I know about the r/l and v/b swapping, but don't think I've seen h swapped for f.

So you don't need to create a Japanese account and points to buy it?
I suck at shooters but the fact that this is a retail game and I have points to burn makes it very intriguing to me. If I can buy it using my US account I may just pull the trigger.

Edit:The more I look at it the more confused I get. Is this the full game or just the DLC?

Edited by ooga, 01 May 2012 - 05:39 PM.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#23 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Wow, the deal of the week is something that the majority of players got for free with first run copies? Super weak. They could've at least put all the other Battlefield stuff on sale too for the thirtieth time to make it somewhat more respectable.

Also, just for the unaware, all those family game night titles that got cut in price, the servers are closed for them now, as of I think today. Good timing for that drop. Oh EA. :sigh:

Games like Jenga and Connect 4 work fine locally. This is targeted at families after all who would likely play them that way. Of course I think I'd still rather play the physical versions of both. Battleship and Scrabble though? Those aren't games where you want to share a screen. Still, if you've got no one to play with, $5 isn't bad.

#24 Matedawg11

Matedawg11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

Seriously getting disappointed with the weak sales week after week. On a different note I actually enjoyed the Nin Jump2 demo a while back and 200 is a great price for it, pickup for me.

ach.png

#25 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

This updated with VOOT, Nin2, and Guwange added. Haunt still not officially acknowledged.

About the Mushihime DLC, I'd imagine it'd work with US account DLC + disc, but would it work with US account DLC + HK account GoD? It's almost half price from there, and I've already practiced my pro VPNing skills.

#26 Briar36

Briar36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Bought Nin2-Jump, but still waiting for Guardian Heroes to go on sale.

#27 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thanks. And thanks for again for maintaining this thread despite your busy schedule. :D

Ditto!

#28 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

Meh only NIN

#29 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

So you don't need to create a Japanese account and points to buy it?
I suck at shooters but the fact that this is a retail game and I have points to burn makes it very intriguing to me. If I can buy it using my US account I may just pull the trigger.

Dunno about needing a Japanese account. It's on the US marketplace, though someone would probably need to be a guinea pig to test if the transaction goes through.

About the Mushihime DLC, I'd imagine it'd work with US account DLC + disc, but would it work with US account DLC + HK account GoD? It's almost half price from there, and I've already practiced my pro VPNing skills.

The Black Label DLC shows up as a half price Gold exclusive on the HK marketplace, so you may not need to worry about mixing downloads from different regions.

http://marketplace.x...7

#30 Spylon

Spylon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

This updated with VOOT, Nin2, and Guwange added. Haunt still not officially acknowledged..

Pretty sure Haunt is the Family Pack then, and the others seem to be DOTW so they should be around all week. No need to hurry and purchase items then.

Family Pack deals are never acknowledged.
xbldb.com, the xbox live database featuring the latest xbox marketplace price drops feed