Lightening Drops - Price Alerts for Us Canadians

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:40 AM

If I could sum up the major thing I miss about living in the US, I would say it's the relevance. There are all kinda of cool things happening in the tech world that are functionally only in the US. In this case the CAG Price Alerts it was cool when I lived in the US but up here getting alerts means pretty much nothing when the sales are rarely multinational.

Enter Lightning Drops
Posted Image

There's not a lot to explain it's pretty much all there in the above paragraph. Just click here to sign up if you don't mind my referral. I would love to find a place to put price alerts again. Is there another site everyone is using or is this a potentially awesome find

Example:
Catherine is now $30 at Amazon.ca lowest price it's been yet.
Posted Image
http://ca.lightningd...duct/B004P7VGF2

Quick Impressions:
Spoiler

Edited by Wolfkin, 02 May 2012 - 04:13 AM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#2 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

Checking it out.

76561197996799113.png

#3 Robotron2084

Robotron2084

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thanks will check it out. Nice to see something that has more than games (like PC monitors).
Also nice to get to the info right away without digging through forums all over the the internet.

#4 Naylord

Naylord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

That catherine picture on amazon shows the Art Book but mentions nothing of it in the descprption or title. Does it actually come with the art book?

#5 Pajo

Pajo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

I don't know
Just for fun I put in Mass Effect 3, and it says it's lowest price is $57.xx
I got it at Walmart for $30 a few weeks back

#6 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

In the about us page it says it tracks amazon.

#7 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

has anyone found a way to alert them that a price is wrong? it could still be useful if they actually fix the prices

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#8 Mr.

Mr.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:41 PM

Please alert me when PS3 Catherine drops to $20. I'm rather surprised that I can wait out an Atlus game like this. I have an aversion to block puzzles, but the story sounds intriguing.

#9 stmack

stmack

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Pretty interested in Disgaea 4 at the recent drop to $30... I like this site :)

#10 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Seems like it only tracks Amazon.ca?

Dead Rising 2: OTR is currently $19.99 at EB Games AND on the PS Store.

It's a neat idea, but clearly still raw. Might aswell just go out of the way to check out the online inventory of your closest retailers - that doesn't take long either.

#11 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

Please alert me when PS3 Catherine drops to $20. I'm rather surprised that I can wait out an Atlus game like this. I have an aversion to block puzzles, but the story sounds intriguing.

lol. that's one of 5 alerts I have on there myself. I have little interest in the block puzzle but the hype over the story has me interested.

It's a neat idea, but clearly still raw. Might aswell just go out of the way to check out the online inventory of your closest retailers - that doesn't take long either.

Yeah what I really want is the CAG price tracker in Canada. If they were to say drop the other departments, include even BB/WM/FS, and/or Wikify the posts it could be something special. seems like it's too ambitious right now.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#12 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

tbh, the gameplay is the best part of catherine. The story is alright, but isn't what makes it exceptional.
Also this game was already worth it at $40 so $30 is just bonus.
Probably one fo my favourite games this generation.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371