Photo
- - - - -

target kindle fire clearance ymmv

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

on my cellphone typing this excuse the grammar. was at target and was told kindle fire being clearanced out starting tomorrow.

Edit:
Not all Targets are notified of the clearance yet. I been to 2 and only 1 of them confirmed the clearance. They will drop like the video game clearances (30%, 50%, 70%-75%). I highly doubt it will go to 50% since its all over the news right now that Target will no longer be carrying amazon's e-reader products (I did not ask about the other kindles but I assume they will be clearing out too).

Posted Image

My store still has a ton of them but I had a manager nice enough to reserve one for me for 24 hours.

Edit:
http://www.cheapassg...0&postcount=167

Edited by htz, 03 May 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

at what price?

#3 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Doh

#4 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

So I guess 99 is too much to hope for?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

Yes Target will no longer carry all amazon products.

#6 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

doubtful.. + i didnt think targets even carried fires its not even listed on targets webpage

love to see 49 bucks

but how it would work if it did happen

then few weeks later 149
then few weeks later 129
then few weeek later 99

but they will be all gone before they hit 150
WOOOO I STINK

#7 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

They are clearing them out as Amazon is a competitor and they are going to replace it with the Nook.

#8 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

No this is true. It was reported that there will be a 30%, 50%, 75% price drop over the next three weeks.

If I had to guess I would say they will all sell out the first week at 30% off ($140 total). All you weirdos that try hiding stuff won't have any luck with that as these are kept behind the glass.

Target will be hectic tomorrow with soccer moms.

Unlike the TouchPad firesale from what I read this clearance is exclusive to Target as they are trying to rid themselves of amazon products

#9 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

doubtful.. + i didnt think targets even carried fires its not even listed on targets webpage

love to see 49 bucks

but how it would work if it did happen

then few weeks later 149
then few weeks later 129
then few weeek later 99

but they will be all gone before they hit 150

they just took it off their web page today.

#10 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

There's a post on slickdeals explaining some of it

http://slickdeals.ne...e-Product-Line?

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

To be honest I'm surprised they don't just sell them to a company like overstock at likke $160 a piece rather then pushing them through the clearance cycle...

but maybe they did it to get publicity in an attempt to tell amazon off in the media

#12 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

No this is true. It was reported that there will be a 30%, 50%, 75% price drop over the next three weeks.

If I had to guess I would say they will all sell out the first week at 30% off ($140 total). All you weirdos that try hiding stuff won't have any luck with that as these are kept behind the glass.

Target will be hectic tomorrow with soccer moms.

Unlike the TouchPad firesale from what I read this clearance is exclusive to Target as they are trying to rid themselves of amazon products

wonder if you could buy one tomorrow at 140 keep it sealed wait till they fall to 75% off take it back and rebuy it :)

even at 140 they be tempting to buy
WOOOO I STINK

#13 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

wonder if you could buy one tomorrow at 140 keep it sealed wait till they fall to 75% off take it back and rebuy it :)

even at 140 they be tempting to buy

No I'm pretty sure there was clear language in the terms and conditions that state no returns no price guarantees on these items.

#14 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

I wouldn't do a fire. I bet $1000 you see a new version of that before Christmas. I would however interest myself in a kindle reader.

#15 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Quote from kingofdeal over at SD:

"As per the store manager it will be in 3 phases. 30 % off , 50% off and 75 % off over Next 3 week period."

Good luck getting one in 3 weeks at 75% off...unless you can manage to hide one in the diapers section, and pick it up later, as suggested by the users over at SD, lol :lol:

#16 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Here's the link I pulled from SD

http://money.msn.com...502&id=15059740

#17 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Quote from kingofdeal over at SD:

"As per the store manager it will be in 3 phases. 30 % off , 50% off and 75 % off over Next 3 week period."

Good luck getting one in 3 weeks at 75% off...unless you can manage to hide one in the diapers section, and pick it up later, as suggested by the users over at SD, lol :lol:

As someone said, they're on lockdown. No hiding.

#18 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

I've been interested in one for a real long time now. I guess now, this is my chance to pick one up. Though I do have one question, can you upload books bought from the B&N Nook store to the Fire? I see they have some books cheaper than Amazon right now that I would love to pick up.

#19 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

140 still expensive for me since I got a touchpad for 150, but 75% off would be sweet to buy for my daughter and presents for other.

#20 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

140 still expensive for me since I got a touchpad for 150, but 75% off would be sweet to buy for my daughter and presents for other.

No doubt, but Im sure it won't survive past 50 off.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#21 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

I've been interested in one for a real long time now. I guess now, this is my chance to pick one up. Though I do have one question, can you upload books bought from the B&N Nook store to the Fire? I see they have some books cheaper than Amazon right now that I would love to pick up.

Fire can read epub and mobi, not sure about other format

#22 DonDonRaiden

DonDonRaiden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

I wonder how this effects those (like myself) who purchased an extended warranty on Kindle devices purchased from Target? SOL?

#23 BroncosSB

BroncosSB

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

You can also get a free Fire for open a new checking account at 1stBank

#24 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hmmm maybe this is a sign. Just sold my Fire two weeks ago for 150. If I could find one for 50% off (or more) that's almost an instant buy.

#25 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

I wonder if the Amazon Kindle gift cards will go on sale if they are trying to get rid of Amazon everything.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#26 dallow

dallow

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

As someone said, they're on lockdown. No hiding.

Not at my store. Hmmm...
Yeah, at first drop, they'll be gone.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#27 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I wonder if the Amazon Kindle gift cards will go on sale if they are trying to get rid of Amazon everything.

That'd be great if it happened.

#28 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

I wonder how this effects those (like myself) who purchased an extended warranty on Kindle devices purchased from Target? SOL?

They won't fix it, so if it breaks, you'll get a Target GC for the value + tax like you would if they were still selling them.

Amazon just replaces them in-warranty, so it's not like you're getting yours fixed in that case. Yours ends up being a refurb unit they sell at a discount, like they did yesterday.

That would be the best part of this clearance. We'll know more tomorrow.

#29 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Why would they clearance those out? They have no value until activated. They would lose virtually no money by tossing them in a dumpster but would lose a significant amount of money by selling them at less then they are authorized to

#30 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Why would they clearance those out? They have no value until activated. They would lose virtually no money by tossing them in a dumpster but would lose a significant amount of money by selling them at less then they are authorized to

Except for the fact that...Target has clearanced them in the past....so yeah...

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List