Photo
- - - - -

The King of Fighters XIII on sale $29.99 at Amazon (still comes with 4-CD soundtrack)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 tempbast

tempbast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Damn good deal, for fighting fans. Good deal for those interested.

Update: Newegg PS3 price $27.99, free shipping, no bonus soundtrack stated.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879225049

Amazon, $29.99 comes with 4-CD bonus Soundtrack.
PS3/360:
http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0054IN5AA

On Sale at Gamestop too $29.99, no bonus soundtrack stated, YMMV.
PS3:
http://www.gamestop....ters-xiii/91392

360:
http://www.gamestop....ters-xiii/91393

Edited by tempbast, 18 May 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#2 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Good deal, not a fan of KOF series.

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#3 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Haven't played their games, but the PS3 version with soundtrack is listed as $19.97 at the Sony Store, in PS Vita/PS3 thread. Obviously, for those near one.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4 JonnyHeartthrob

JonnyHeartthrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:11 PM

There is a Sony Store in the rich people mall a few miles from where I live. May need to head there.

#5 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Haven't played their games, but the PS3 version with soundtrack is listed as $19.97 at the Sony Store, in PS Vita/PS3 thread. Obviously, for those near one.

Thanks for pointing that out...I may be able to stop by a Sony store tomorrow afternoon since I'll just happen to be in the area of one. Also looking to pickup some cheap Vita games.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#6 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

Just BTW all new king of fighter 13 come with 4-CD ost, if some people didn't know.

Great game!!! if your in to fighting games.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#7 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

This is a fantastic game if you're into older-style 2D fighters. I've always loved the Neo Geo games, especially the Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug series; still have several original Neo Geo home consoles and many of the huge cartridges for it. One of the best older game systems ever released!

On topic, I have this for both PS3 and 360, and its a great upgrade to the series. And the soundtrack is a nice addition!

#8 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

Just BTW all new king of fighter 13 come with 4-CD ost, if some people didn't know.

Great game!!! if your in to fighting games.

Some people say that they have seen some copies not including the soundtrack. Of course whoever is buying this will obviously tell if theirs come with one or not. Good price too. Love the game.

#9 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Pretty fun.

Paid $39 for this last year-ish.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#10 YONKE

YONKE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

i hope amazon match that price....

EDIT: Brainfart.....

Edited by YONKE, 11 May 2012 - 04:45 AM.

Posted Image

#11 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Some people say that they have seen some copies not including the soundtrack. Of course whoever is buying this will obviously tell if theirs come with one or not. Good price too. Love the game.

I've seen copies in retail stores (not Gamestop) without the soundtrack but the soundtracks could have easily been removed as the soundtrack was just shrink wrapped to the sealed copy of the game with a paper insert on the back.

The game is worth every penny of the $29.99 price and I think there is even a demo of the game on PSN if you're on the fence. This is nothing like KOF XII and is everything it should have been.

#12 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

i hope amazon match that price....

........what?

I've seen copies in retail stores (not Gamestop) without the soundtrack but the soundtracks could have easily been removed as the soundtrack was just shrink wrapped to the sealed copy of the game with a paper insert on the back.

The game is worth every penny of the $29.99 price and I think there is even a demo of the game on PSN if you're on the fence. This is nothing like KOF XII and is everything it should have been.

Very true. They could of easily taken the copy. Just good thing to point out just in case people automatically assume they will get it. And I hear the demo was removed when there was a sale for this last time. Not sure, but if anybody likes fighters than this is worth it.

#13 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

The soundtrack sounds nice... but I am more tempted by the $17.99 360 price over at Gamefly tonite.

Are the soundtracks really worth the extra 12 bucks... cannot.... decide...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#14 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:11 AM

The soundtrack sounds nice... but I am more tempted by the $17.99 360 price over at Gamefly tonite.

Are the soundtracks really worth the extra 12 bucks... cannot.... decide...

I'd say so. 4 CD soundtrack with the full soundtrack from XIII and music from the earlier games. Plus, new is always nice as well, so I'd rule in favor of this right now, unless the Gamefly ones include the soundtrack.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#15 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

someday I will become the king of the fighters.. but right now I have a 50 game backlog to deal with.

#16 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Woulda been in for @24.99 if it wasn't only the PS3 version in that recent Gold Box. Now, I'm gonna wait til $19.99

#17 YONKE

YONKE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:46 AM

got it for the xb360 , been waiting a lot to get it at this good price with the soundtrack....
Posted Image

#18 URMonkeyTron

URMonkeyTron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

If there is a chance to get this w/o the soundtrack for $20, should I go for that over this?

#19 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

It really just depends on how much you want the physical soundtrack. I mean I love KOF's music and all but uh....I never even opened my soundtrack and just listen to snk tunes on mp3 or youtube.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#20 URMonkeyTron

URMonkeyTron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

hmm. Thanks for the advice. Much to ponder.

I might go with the cheaper option. I don't care nor really need the soundtrack.

#21 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yup. $19.97 at the Sony store. I will watch more vids before I open this. As, I'm new to this franchise.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#22 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

How's the online?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#23 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

debating on what system to get it on, what do you guys think?

#24 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

is that so?
I bought my copy over Toy's r US and i got 4-CD and my brother got his copy at BB and he got the 4-CD too....thats pretty weird.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#25 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

is that so?
I bought my copy over Toy's r US and i got 4-CD and my brother got his copy at BB and he got the 4-CD too....thats pretty weird.

Yeah. It was during the time it was on sale for like 40 bucks. Like somebody has mentioned, it could of just been taken by employees, returns or something.

#26 mike.m

mike.m

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

How's the online?

Tried it when it first came out. It was way better than KOF XII. I ordered one. We'll see how it is now.

#27 tempbast

tempbast

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

Update: Newegg PS3 price $27.99, free shipping, no bonus soundtrack stated.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879225049

From my experience on the PS3, connection depends on are far your opponent is and if they have a good network. The connection is good when your opponent is in the same region, but it doesn't tell you the regions. Sadly, I do not think there are many players online the PS3. It's possible they are always in a match, but overall it's hard to get an online match.

Edited by tempbast, 18 May 2012 - 01:04 AM.