Photo
- - - - -

Free GameStop Exclusive Kid Icarus AR card (5/12/12, 1pm-4pm)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

I know there was a lot of surprise over the last time GameStop held such an event. Even if you don't own the game, I imagine it'll be a good place for StreetPasses.

Join us May 12, 2012 at select GameStop locations between 1pm and 4pm, to try out Kid Icarus, and receive a GameStop Exclusive Kid Icarus AR card (while supplies last).

Store Locator

#2 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:02 AM

Once again I have to debate if the card is worth the gas, sigh.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

None at the GS near me and didn't want to drive long distances. Too bad. :(

I wanted card.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#4 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

Is it the same set? The Eggplant Wizard one?

#5 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Looks like my local store is participating, I'll stop by and try to pick one up. Thanks OP.

#6 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

hmmm looks like i might be able to pick one up now

#7 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Same store only 4 miles away is having this one (They didnt have the last one though, but they did have the first one).

Wonder if its new cards though. I really hope its actually booster packs instead of just the 5 pre-determined cards
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Esoul

Esoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

I was told last month when I picked up the Eggplant Wizard pack, that the free cards in May would be the same pack. I'm not sure if that applies to all stores.

My store had no booster packs or Nintendo reps at the April event, just employees handing out promo packs for those that played a demo of Kid Icarus.

#9 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

Lame. None of the stores in Anchorage are doing this, but the tiny town 30 miles out will be doing this promo.

#10 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I went to one of these in IN a few weeks ago with a friend, only one other person showed up over the course of the first two hours and they didnt even bring their 3ds(at which point I left). Luckily the Nintendo Rep was my old one from college when I worked at TRU, so we played catchup since no one was there.

Word to the wise, if you are looking for people to Streetpass with, go to Pokemom TCG tournaments.

#11 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

Word to the wise, if you are looking for people to Streetpass with, go to Pokemom TCG tournaments.

Or anime conventions.
Posted Image

#12 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Lame. None of the stores in Anchorage are doing this, but the tiny town 30 miles out will be doing this promo.

Oh man I bet it can be rough getting stuff up there eh?

#13 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'll be checking out the Union Square location today.

Will post results when I get there.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#14 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

Same here, I'll check out the Boston Downtown Crossing location and report back.
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#15 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Only available randomly for 3 hours, then to the bay.

#16 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'll be stopping by the 14th street store to check on the AR cards after I see The Avengers at 11am. If you guys stop at this location can you report back if they have a lot of card packs? I don't want to waste a trip down there. Thanks

#17 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

If anyone wants to be a buddy and pick up an extra card for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - I'll hit you back for your time and shipping.

#18 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

Or anime conventions.

Difference there is that there are Pokemon Tournament almost every weekend and are almost always closer.

#19 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

If anyone wants to be a buddy and pick up an extra card for me, I'd greatly appreciate it - I'll hit you back for your time and shipping.

I'll see if I can grab an extra. Knowing gamestop, they'll be ridiculous and limit one per walkin though.

#20 DrAndonuts

DrAndonuts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

I'll see if I can grab an extra. Knowing gamestop, they'll be ridiculous and limit one per walkin though.

Cool, just let me know. Thanks!

#21 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

If someone could do me a favor and grab me one as well, I'd greatly appreciate it! The closest GameStop to me that's running the promotion is 40 miles away.

#22 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'll never understand why Annapolis gets pissed on during these events. We're the state capitol, have 4 gamestops within a 2 mile radius and they NEVER do these things. Oh well, I got a mess of cards from PAX-East so I guess I don't need it.

Good luck to those getting it, let us know which card it is.

#23 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Balls. I just found out about this, and can't do it today.

Batsugunner.png

#24 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

Damn, the same exact stores in my area are hosting it and I still can't head out to them.

I really hope they pop these on Club Nintendo like they have for EU. I'd be happy to burn away my coins on'em.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#25 Kubby1974

Kubby1974

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

I can't speak for other areas (but it should be the same for stores where a rep will be present),..but I am the Nintendo Rep for Orange County, CA stores, and I will be handing out the Eggplant Wizard cards and Series 1 Booster Packs as well to anyone who has the game :) For those local, I will be at the store in Anaheim on State College & Lincoln. This site will list the stores where a Nintendo Rep will be,...http://kidicarus.nin...prising/events/ . I will also have Mario Tennis Open on hand to preview :D

#26 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

Argh, none of my nearby stores are doing it.

It looks like the store by my Dad/Step-Mom's house is doing it though, and since I'm heading over there tomorrow for Mother's Day I guess I can pop in on the way and see if they have any cards left.
Posted Image

#27 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

closest store to me is 10 miles away - i've probably got 10 gamestops closer that are not doing it.
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#28 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

Stopped at the 14th street store. What a train wreck! People were standing around, flipping cards and trading, some playing. Nobody was really organizing anything. No cards were visible so I just walked out. I felt weird walking in, asking for cards and leaving. Oh well.

#29 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Same eggplant wizard pack, anyone know? Can't make the trip today.

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#30 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

I got a pack with Eggplant Wizard (visible card), Fiend's Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon and Minos. Store I went to (Ellicott City, MD) wasn't busy, guy had to dig the bag out from under the counter to get me a pack. Only got 1 Streetpass tag.