Diablo III CE Restock within the next week at Frys

• Please log in to reply
293 replies to this topic

#1 Stoic21

Stoic21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

I called my frys and they said they were out...but put in a new order for shipments they will get in within the next week. I thought I should share this information. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thead I'm still new to this. Thanks guys and good luck!

p.s. if you know where I can get a collectors now thats not rip off prices...please PM me thanx =)

#2 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

I don't think it's possible for them to just order another shipment. I think the first shipment is also the last shipment but we will see. Bestbuy online was in stock a couple hours ago but you missed it. Hang around here and slickdeals and you may be able to snag one at MSRP.

#3 rpnguyen

rpnguyen

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

fry's in anaheim had like 25 or so just sitting on a display table yesterday morning when i went to get it

#4 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

What's the UPC or Item #?

#5 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

what is so hot about the collectors edition?
why are these selling out?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

I missed this today when BB had it. I must not miss this or I would have to resort to eBay...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Well, it's a game that people have been waiting a long time to play. That, and the fact that the harder it becomes to get something, the more people want it. As a CE, it's not too bad...some cool physical items and a pretty nice art book, so $100 isn't a crazy price for it (the art book alone might normally retail for $30).

Plus, it looks like the quantity is fairly limited...not in raw numbers, but compared to the number of Diablo fans.
3DS FC: 3652-0544-2057 (PM me with yours if you add me)
Posted Image

#8 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:29 AM

Sarcasm?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#9 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

Sarcasm?

no. I was really tempted to know why is selling out so fast.

thanks for the info Darkon

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

#10 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:56 AM

It's a valid question, because the last two Blizzard CEs were over-produced like anything else these days, so I'm surprised it's already sort of hard to find. That said, I walked into Fry's last night as well, and there was a table at the front with at least a dozen of them.
Posted Image

#11 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

no. I was really tempted to know why is selling out so fast.

thanks for the info Darkon

Then it that case, I think it's because of the large Diablo fan base, and those who loved diablo 2 like myself, have gotten older in 12 years and more or less started a decent job and can start affording a CE. Thats just my opinion.

In reality its mostly because when it starts selling out initially the flippers immediately gets on it, and further drives up the prices. Seeing SC2 CE situation, I decided to wait on the CE, which could be the death of my wallet if they don't reprint.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#12 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Is the effort you put in to "time the market" ultimately worth it? There's people making 7 figures annually doing a more complex version of what some people here are trying to do, and they're still not very good at it.

#13 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

Is the effort you put in to "time the market" ultimately worth it? There's people making 7 figures annually doing a more complex version of what some people here are trying to do, and they're still not very good at it.

You mean is the flip worth the time?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#14 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

You basically took the opposite market position of the flippers. You thought the equilibrium price for the CE would expectedly be under the MSRP and the flippers took the opposite stance. They won this time, but when you do this a lot, you probably win as much as you lose.

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

You basically took the opposite market position of the flippers. You thought the equilibrium price for the CE would expectedly be under the MSRP and the flippers took the opposite stance. They won this time, but when you do this a lot, you probably win as much as you lose.

Agreed. Eventually my cheapness would most likely triumph over my desire for the CE and I will end up not buying it over priced on ebay.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16 robhimself

robhimself

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

Well, it's a game that people have been waiting a long time to play. That, and the fact that the harder it becomes to get something, the more people want it. As a CE, it's not too bad...some cool physical items and a pretty nice art book, so $100 isn't a crazy price for it (the art book alone might normally retail for $30).

D3 is the first collectors edition I got since AC2 (at full price) and I have to say that it's totally worth it. The art book is real quality stuff and you can't beat the diablo skull and the 4gb soul stone with D2&LOD. The usb soul stone inserts into the skull's forehead and locks in magnetically!

#17 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

For what it's worth, I talked to Fry's CS over the phone today, and the lady told me that only a few stores would receive the additional shipment, most likely due to some initial mistake. She also said that all SoCal Fry's stores were completely sold out, so really hoping my BBY online order comes through.

#18 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

It's a valid question, because the last two Blizzard CEs were over-produced like anything else these days, so I'm surprised it's already sort of hard to find. That said, I walked into Fry's last night as well, and there was a table at the front with at least a dozen of them.

Pretty much, my fry's has a ton of these. My guess is that target will have these on clearance in the next few months just like SC2.

#19 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Ever since the merger with Activision, Blizzard has not released a limited CE. Money over everything man, even their own mothers.

#20 jaygood17

jaygood17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

So anyone know of a Fry's in the bay area that has them in stock?

#21 Strider21

Strider21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

question about blizzard games.

can we expect a sale within like 6 months? not sure on how blizzard games do in terms of having sales

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I will trying out the nearest bestbuy during lunch break, may the gaming gods favor me today.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

I will trying out the nearest bestbuy during lunch break, may the gaming gods favor me today.

Bestbuy.com will now let you buy a copy from stores that still have it available. Check and see if any stores around you still have it.

#24 supaet

supaet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

bestbuy is allowing you to order for in store pickup now, provided that it's still available at the store

#25 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Why can't I even find CE page on bestbuy.com?

#26 outphase

outphase

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

question about blizzard games.

can we expect a sale within like 6 months? not sure on how blizzard games do in terms of having sales

Here's Starcraft 2 as a reference on Amazon: http://camelcamelcam...duct/B000ZKA0J6

#27 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Thanks supaet and youngnoble for the heads up. I was at a BB last night that site indicated "in store only" but they're only for preorders. Checking both Frys in the area and finding they were both out of stock, I was getting worried, but now bestbuy.com is letting me buy it from the same best buy I visited yesterday. Luckily it's the closest best buy and the only best buy that has it in stock within 50 miles.

#28 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Frys in Wilsonville, Oregon had 6 or 7 of these on the shelf this morning. I havnt played a PC game since Aion. Installing now woot.

#29 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

Why can't I even find CE page on bestbuy.com?

I couldn't find it searching, but the link from the other topic still works.

http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

Unfortunately no one near me has any left.

#30 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I couldn't find it searching, but the link from the other topic still works.

http://www.bestbuy.c...=1312731&loc=01

Unfortunately no one near me has any left.

I just put an order in for store pickup. It's weird because I was there before and they said they were out. A customer might have changed their mind of a pre-order? I'm expecting the worst so come "We don't have item" email.