Is anyone else NOT all that excited for E3 this year?
Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:17 PM
Some of the games that I don't need to know much more about:
- Halo 4 - In spoiler avoidance mode for this one, since I only play the campaigns (yes, I'm weird). Cautiously optimistic anyway, at least as far as graphics go, since I didn't like some of the character models in Halo Anniversary.
- Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4 - A lot of "part 4" sequels here Anyway, really looking forward to these two, more than most other games, but their North American releases are inevitable. All I need at this point are release dates.
- The next two StarCraft II installments - See Halo 4, but discard the note about the graphics. They're also going to be PC games, and PC games aren't exactly E3's core strength.
- Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 - I already know they're going to be supremely addictive
I also don't need to know more about the Wii U, since I've already decided against getting one. Would love to see a 3DS hardware revision, but not holding my breath. Unsure about the next Xbox and PlayStation, if they even get announced this year.
Some games that I wouldn't mind seeing more of, but I'm not super-hyped about:
- Grand Theft Auto V and Assassin's Creed III - I don't play either of these series (well, nowadays in the case of GTA), but my husband does and I enjoy these as a spectator, especially AssCreed. Curious about these new installments but don't absolutely have to see more.
- Sly 4 - Because I don't have a PS3! Also, the time travel bit seems contrived.
- The Last Guardian - Again, I don't have a PS3!
- Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3 (Rocket Slime 2) - I don't have a 3DS! Yet. Localization is not inevitable here, but it's not a total must have, either.
Okay, there is one exception to the above-- a game that I'd really like to know more about:
- "Destiny", aka Bungie's Next Game - That's pretty much it, though.
There's also Nippon Ichi's 20th anniversary game, which was announced recently and doesn't even have a name yet, but we won't see that at E3.
I'm also wondering what certain studios (Platinum, Retro, Sonic Team/Dimps, Valve, etc.) are up to these days, but eh, not chomping at the bit for a reveal or anything.
So yeah, a bit apathetic. Am I alone in this?
- Annonaincow likes this
Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:37 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:47 PM
I really am not hyped about the Wii U at all and most of the big AAA titles have already been announced.
I'll still check it out, but I am not really expecting anything to "WOW" me at this point.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:42 PM
- More on WiiU. Depending on what it's like, I might buy it. But I'm hoping to see more of what it can do.
-GTA 5. Normally hate the GTA games, but after Red Dead, I'm hoping they found a way to make it a tad more fun and make me care about the character more.
-Borderlands 2. The first game was one of my favorites. Can't wait for the second.
-Dust 514. Hoping to see how it works, not just HEAR how it works.
- Assassins Creed 3 - Want to see what the world actually looks like that he'll be running around in. It can't be mostly woods...can it?
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:45 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:47 PM
Edited by Kotomine, 22 May 2012 - 09:37 PM.
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games
2012 Completed Games - 29 Games
2013 Completed Games - ???
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:21 PM
A few things like Halo 4, Bioshock Infinite etc., but I don't really care about seeing new footage etc.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:28 PM
Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:36 PM
i know a lot of Big youtubers are actually getting invited to e3 too. look forward to their coverage. as far what ign or g4 covers on it, ya screw that.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:42 PM
Only games I really care about seeing footage on is Dishonored,and The Last of Us.Every other game,I already know what am getting so I don't care for more footage on them.Also looking forward to see what new games are getting announced,but I get the news after the press conferences,since their really boring as hell.
Oh yeah, I forgot about The Last of Us. I'd be interested in seeing some gameplay for that since I know nothing about it beyond that initial story trailer.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:12 PM
Not yet! Waiting for those two to come out, mainly. There's no real reason for me to have one right now.
but Etrian Odyssey IV and Rune Factory 4 are on 3DS, which you don't have :P
Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:12 PM
But yea, I'm not exited about it either. Nothing I can think of that I really have to play, other than EO4.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:17 PM
id also like some news on new games like completely new ips kind of getting bored with all the sequels and prequels.
Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:31 PM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 AM
As far as the new consoles, not even interested until they reach something like a $200 price point and the second hardware revision comes out.
I can't get excited about a new console because
A. Launch games WILL drop in price
B. Hardware will drop in price as well
C. Better hardware revisions will come
Launch games will drop to $5 each at some point, and buying at launch is just foolish, if you are on this site, you obviously know why you are here, to save money on video games! Not to mention the after-launch drought which happens with every console, I learned my lesson with this one, but thankfully the system I learned from didn't cost $300 or more dollars.
Also, all launch hardware from last gen has failed, the PS3 has YLOD, the Xbox 360 has RROD, and the Wii had GPU problems, though that was the least severe of the 3. However I am really not interested in spending large amounts of money on something that will undoubtedly break in 3-5 years, if last gen is any indication. Especially when hardware will be revised and will drop in price. How many original launch Xbox 360's and PS3's are still running with moderate to heavy use, I bet not too many.
Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:45 AM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:11 AM
this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!
Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:40 AM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 AM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:15 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:46 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:18 PM
I'm still plenty excited for a couple games though. Hopefully The Last Of Us will get a release date and I also want to see some game play of Dishonored. Very excited for both of those.
Edit: I posted before reading through and I see others are looking forward to the same games. This is a good thing. Both of these games could be huge. I'm hoping for Collectors Editions on at least one of them. A mask or figure, art book, and soundtrack for Dishonored I think could be pretty bad ass.
Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:55 PM
Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:24 PM
I would also like to see Dawnguard, the DLC for Skyrim, just because it's Skryim and I've been waiting for Skyrim DLC since launch.
That's about it for me. However, if Bioware would just announce Jade Empire 2, I would forgive them for ME3's ending. Probably not, though.
Stinging Death To All Enemies
Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:09 AM
I'm excited. It's one of my favorite vacations of the year. I get to see some old friends and make some new ones.
You're going too? Which company do you work for?
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Get a Free Xbox One - Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line – Super easy and it works!