Photo
- - - - -

Asura's Wrath $30 at Target B&M (til 6/2)

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

found from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.co...t=474213&page=3

Posted Image

I think for PS3 too but I don't think it's 100% confirmed

#2 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is it a fun game? Would you recommend it for $30?

#3 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is it a fun game? Would you recommend it for $30?

I've been hearing that this game is a short, but fun game. Lots of insane stuff happening in the game. I think I'm in for $30, though the wife won't like that I'm buying this and Dragon's Dogma in the same week. Also, keep in mind that the "true ending" of the game is DLC, apparently.

#4 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hmm..submitted to Amazon, hopefully I can get a deal on it
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#5 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

I've been hearing that this game is a short, but fun game. Lots of insane stuff happening in the game. I think I'm in for $30, though the wife won't like that I'm buying this and Dragon's Dogma in the same week. Also, keep in mind that the "true ending" of the game is DLC, apparently.

wait, what? The true ending is DLC only? Whered you hear that? If thats the case I may just get this game used. I dont want to support a developer pulling crap like that. If its not true then im not sure if i should jump in now or wait a bit more for the 20 dollar sweet spot. The demo was interesting so its a change of pace.

BTW anyone know if the ps3 or 360 version has any graphical or performance advantages? I dont see any head 2 heads out there

#6 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Tempting... I don't mind waiting until it hits $19.99 though since it's just going to be sitting around my backlog for months anyway.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#7 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

wait, what? The true ending is DLC only? Whered you hear that? If thats the case I may just get this game used. I dont want to support a developer pulling crap like that. If its not true then im not sure if i should jump in now or wait a bit more for the 20 dollar sweet spot. The demo was interesting so its a change of pace.

BTW anyone know if the ps3 or 360 version has any graphical or performance advantages? I dont see any head 2 heads out there

Just google "Capcom Backlash", and enjoy.

http://news.softpedi...sh-269777.shtml

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#8 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I literally just finished over the weekend, so here's what I know.

First time through the game will end. There's a couple things that aren't wrapped up, so when you finish, there's a little scene that says "Play through again to get the TRUE ENDING". So basically just S rank 5 missions which aren't hard to do, and you get the True Ending.

Problem is, the true ending then leaves it open to the DLC which is the TRUE TRUE ending which I didn't play. From what I heard, it does make for the best ending, but it's also kind of lousy that it's DLC and not in the game. Though the endings themselves in the game aren't bad really (the non-DLC true ending is just another minute or so attached to the end), it just doesn't wrap everything up like it should.

As for the game itself, it's a fun game. I was engrossed and beat it all in one day, two sittings. It's hard to call it a "game" exactly as it's mostly quick-time cutscenes. But it is definately one of the most epic games I have ever played in terms of story and how easily I was drawn to the story and characters. And the action in it is amazing.

#9 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I couldn't find any good comparisons so I'm going with whatever controller is more comfortable. And regarding the DLC, it is a little shady to have the "true ending" be DLC, but I have no context to base it off of. I am in the camp that I didn't really care that SFxT had characters locked to the disc, since the game had a great number of characters at the beginning and warranted its price tag. Getting AW for $30 and getting the DLC sounds like it'll be worth it for me.

Tempting... I don't mind waiting until it hits $19.99 though since it's just going to be sitting around my backlog for months anyway.

I expected it to be $20 by now :-(. Its strange that this is the lowest I've seen it ever. I'm getting it now though since it seems to be pretty short and easy to play in quick installments, meaning I can get through it quickly between games.

#10 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

loved this game. true ending is on a 4 episode dlc pack. plus theres ryu and akuma dlc and then 2 anime episode dlcs. if ur getting this for 30, then the dlc shouldnt be an issue with theepisodes costing only 2 bucks each and then the ending pack which is 8 i believe. if u feel like being cheap, just watch the dlc pack on utube. i started playing naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 and thought the music was similar..then realized cyberconnect 2 made it as well. asuras wrath is awesome for people that dont wanna invest too much time in one sitting. 360 port has slightly better color/sharpness, but nothing drastic. i went ps3 for the sake of being more comfortable with the controller in these tyoes of games.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#11 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

There's a "true" ending if you get 5 or more "S" ranks in the chapters, without any DLC at all. They may have added more epilogue chapters, but I haven't played the game for a while.

I played the PS3 version to completion, but it was a mess of screen tearing, and sometimes the framerate dropped so hard I missed some of the button prompts. For a game that is about 50-60% QTE's this is a deal breaker. Since it runs on Unreal engine, I would definitely go 360.

#12 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

It's a rent.

#13 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

guess its ymmv then cuz im on ps3 and i havent had any of those issues.

There's a "true" ending if you get 5 or more "S" ranks in the chapters, without any DLC at all. They may have added more epilogue chapters, but I haven't played the game for a while.

I played the PS3 version to completion, but it was a mess of screen tearing, and sometimes the framerate dropped so hard I missed some of the button prompts. For a game that is about 50-60% QTE's this is a deal breaker. Since it runs on Unreal engine, I would definitely go 360.

now playing:

#14 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

thanks, going to check out target , and see if i can find a ps3 copy at that price

#15 g13

g13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yesssss!!!!! At last a price drop! I'll confirm in Plymouth, PA in a hour. I've been waiting forever!

If this is not YMMV, thanks OP!
I got nothing...

#16 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yesssss!!!!! At last a price drop! I'll confirm in Plymouth, PA in a hour. I've been waiting forever!

If this is not YMMV, thanks OP!

It's not, I saw it at Springfield PA Target for $30 on Sun.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#17 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

I would personally wait till the next version of the game with the complete DLC.

#18 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

this game is dropping soooo slow wtf....

#19 Action!

Action!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

Played on 360 and loved it. Just know what you're getting into. It's more Dragon's Lair than Devil May Cry.

If you want an insane anime story and insane anime action, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get better than this. The art direction is solid and the animation is some of the best I've seen in a game (though it ought to be, since that's the primary drive.) If you gauge the value of your games strictly on amount of time played though, you're going to be disappointed.

The two downloadable anime episodes are decent for the price. No gameplay, just QTEs over two animations done by different studios. Neat for the art.

The True Ending DLC however, is extremely solid and I had no qualms paying full price for it. Good fights, great scenes, and a cool wrap up to a game that really surprised me.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#20 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Why couldn't this be on sale during the trade 2 for $20? I would have jumped to get this for $10...oh well.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#21 g13

g13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

It's not, I saw it at Springfield PA Target for $30 on Sun.

Awesome! If would have been there early Sunday had I known. Yay to PA Cags.
I got nothing...

#22 g13

g13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Played on 360 and loved it. Just know what you're getting into. It's more Dragon's Lair than Devil May Cry.

If you want an insane anime story and insane anime action, I'm pretty sure it doesn't get better than this. The art direction is solid and the animation is some of the best I've seen in a game (though it ought to be, since that's the primary drive.) If you gauge the value of your games strictly on amount of time played though, you're going to be disappointed.

The two downloadable anime episodes are decent for the price. No gameplay, just QTEs over two animations done by different studios. Neat for the art.

The True Ending DLC however, is extremely solid and I had no qualms paying full price for it. Good fights, great scenes, and a cool wrap up to a game that really surprised me.

Is it difficult?
I got nothing...

#23 Action!

Action!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is it difficult?

There were one or two frustrating parts on Hard, but if you have experience with other games in the hack/slash genre, you'll be fine.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#24 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

I would personally wait till the next version of the game with the complete DLC.

This is the only thing holding me back as well. It is Capcom and I would hate to get it and then a week or 2 later they announce the complete edition release date (I always have bad timing with things like that). If I really liked the game, I know I'll want to get the complete edition instead with all the DLC on disc. I'll just wait it out later though, it isn't like I don't already have a backlog. So fingers crossed that it was be easy to find at this price by then.

#25 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

This is the only thing holding me back as well. It is Capcom and I would hate to get it and then a week or 2 later they announce the complete edition release date (I always have bad timing with things like that). If I really liked the game, I know I'll want to get the complete edition instead with all the DLC on disc. I'll just wait it out later though, it isn't like I don't already have a backlog. So fingers crossed that it was be easy to find at this price by then.

e3 is pretty soon. maybe we can expect an announcement for a complete edition then?

#26 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

i could be wrong, but i don't think this game is "big" enough for a complete edition.

#27 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

Sorta kinda interested in playing through this...I get the complaints about how the ending is treated, and I have no love for Capcom anymore, but I'm not sure how much of that is the developer's fault. I'd like to support them for doing something so off the wall (same with Dragon's Dogma - should I skip what could be a great game because of Capcom's policies?).
Posted Image

#28 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

The demo was really fun, but even $30 is just too much for an interactive cutscene IMO.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#29 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

The demo was really fun, but even $30 is just too much for an interactive cutscene IMO.

to be fair, the demo is not indicative of the entire game. i absolutely hated the demo and swore off this game, but managed to get a copy for free..and after having played the full game it is easily in my top 3 games this gen. ive never had my jaw drop so much from playing a video game.

now playing:

#30 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

This is a crazy awesome game. Awhile ago after finding no deals I gave in and just paid MSRP for it and don't regret it. It's a pretty unforgettable experience.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!