Photo
- - - - -

Prototype 2 $39.99 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

Haven't seen this posted on here yet. Just got back from my local Walmart, and the tag had 39.99 on it for Prototype 2.

#2 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Anyone else seen this price?

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

Please, stop butchering the English language. These are horrible.

#3 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

That's the new price. Amazon has regular editions for $40 now, and the PS3 collector's edition is $60 (360 at $80).

#4 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

I loved the original Prototype (yes, I was one of the handful) but I knew this would drop like a rock. Glad I waited.

#5 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

You may want to add the following to this.

YMMV: Some Walmart stores still have the RADNET Edition with a DLC copy of the first Prototype. Plus if you or a family member work for Walmart you can get a 10% discount.

So say if you work for Walmart and they have this deal you could get Prototype 1 and Prototype 2 RADNET Edition for like $37.50 give or take with tax. Lol. Not bad considering its Walmart.

#6 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

I've heard the 10% discount does not apply to electronics. Anyway going to check my Wal-Mart to see if they still have the Radnet edition with the free prototype 2 copy. I figured this would happen not this soon though.

#7 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

10% discount works on EVERYTHING but clearance. Trust me on this...

Edit: Oh and price overrides at the register

#8 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I am renting this right now. It is amazing how much better the 2nd game looks. I means the 1st game was fun but the city was so drab looking. This city is pretty rad. The combat is better in this game but the movement seems more sluggish. I think that may be due to a more detailed world so they had to slow the movement down. Overall, I like the 2nd game over the 1st...it is shorter though.
Posted Image

#9 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

I loved the original Prototype (yes, I was one of the handful) but I knew this would drop like a rock. Glad I waited.

You're not the only one, I loved the challenge of some of the events, but like you, I knew this would hit $20 before the end of summer and it is certainly looking that way.

#10 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

You may want to add the following to this.

YMMV: Some Walmart stores still have the RADNET Edition with a DLC copy of the first Prototype.

That's why I asked about the price change. I bought P2 and it came with the DL version of P1 but that was in the morning and it was still priced at $50. I'll be going back today to see if the price change is reflected at the local store.

"...I normally open every game I buy anymore...", "...since I ONLY usually...", "...because it's wasn't fun...", "Pretty much sure it does...", "Works always gets in...", "...I acually spelled the my user...", "this will help let more people see it as this more people see...", "You very probably won't...", "...wouldnt have good sales less often due to less competition."

#11 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I just got back from my Wal-Mart and it's $49.96. I live in Iowa if that has anything to do with it. I hid a copy with the Radnet and the Prototype download.

#12 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

I saw the Radnet edition at GameStop for $40 yesterday as well. Used copies were $38.

#13 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wasn't it on sale last week at Gamestop for $39.99? I want the Wal-Mart version though cus I don't own the first prototype.

#14 robodaddyo

robodaddyo

is not a scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

Wasn't it on sale last week at Gamestop for $39.99? I want the Wal-Mart version though cus I don't own the first prototype.

Maybe. It's still 39.99 at AMZ but I wanted the Walmart version because of P1.

#15 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

for me it was real simple to PM the sucker, so 20 a piece for both games, worth it imo

#16 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

How did you PM? I too think 20 a piece for both games is damn good deal hence why I'm trying to snag it for 39.99 instead of 49.96. I even scanned it to make sure.

#17 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

Is it worth it?

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#18 Grammaton-Cleric

Grammaton-Cleric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Is it worth it?

Activision thought this game was going to move some serious units but it didn’t so I have a feeling most retailers have a glut of copies collecting dust. I’d bet you’ll see this game on sale for 19.99 by July or even sooner.

I'd wait, personally.

#19 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

49.96 at three different Wally's that I checked here.

#20 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

How did you PM? I too think 20 a piece for both games is damn good deal hence why I'm trying to snag it for 39.99 instead of 49.96. I even scanned it to make sure.

just walked in with an ad, that dang simple

#21 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:29 AM

Nice I hope my Wal-Mart will not be stupid when I try it next week. The problem is that where I live Wal-Mart is the only place that sells game other than this junky local game store so I never had ads on hand, but on tuesday I'm going out of town so I'll snag Best Buy ad.

#22 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

The guy in the electronics section of my walmart kept insisiting walmart doesn't pricematch.
Posted Image

#23 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

The guy in the electronics section of my walmart kept insisiting walmart doesn't pricematch.

Go in with a smart phone and play them this

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CIXOU7DQdS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#24 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Went to a better walmart, got my pricematch.
Posted Image