Photo
- - - - -

Forget Zen Davis. It's now the "Vader Time" appreciation thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#1 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Because you asked for it, here it is.

in other words, shut the Fuck up, Zen Davis.

Now this is what I call people power!! Not this horsecrap.

Edited by Spyder187, 13 June 2012 - 03:58 AM.

Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#2 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

Why does "wrasslin" have a W? I'm more in the "rasslin" camp since the W makes it seem too high falutin'.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain

:dvd:-009-1
:br:-Star Wars: Clone Wars season 3
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#3 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:33 AM

Why does "wrasslin" have a W? I'm more in the "rasslin" camp since the W makes it seem too high falutin'.

Since the thread title involved Zen Davis i figured I would try to "class it up" just a lil bit.
Posted Image

#4 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

This might not end well.

I need to go get the WCW Clash of Champions blu-ray. I was at a Kmart today but alas, they don't carry WWE blu-rays. Thanks Best Buy.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#5 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:58 AM

Extreme Rules 2012, headlined by Brock vs. Cena and Punk vs. Jericho reportedly drew 250,000 buys on PPV.

In comparison, Extreme Rules 2011, headlined by Miz, Morrison, and Cena in a triple threat cage match, drew approximately 108,000 buys.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#6 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

Extreme Rules 2012, headlined by Brock vs. Cena and Punk vs. Jericho reportedly drew 250,000 buys on PPV.

In comparison, Extreme Rules 2011, headlined by Miz, Morrison, and Cena in a triple threat cage match, drew approximately 108,000 buys.

I think the credit for that buyrate has got to go mostly to Brock and the Brock hype. I'm not sure anyone was dying to plunk down for a PPV they normally wouldn't by because Punk and Jericho were having a rematch after Punk won at Mania.

#7 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

I know today is almost over. But, I still want to pay tribute to Owen Hart. He died too young. As a kid, during lighthearted arguments, I would represent Bret Hart while my younger brother stood as a diehard Owen Hart fan. (I appreciated both of them, but it was fun to argue.) Later in life, I had a chance to see the work he did in Japan, and revisit his WWE tenure. Owen was as good as Bret in the ring, and, in my opinion, a better speaker.

Here is the cage match he and Bret had at SummerSlam 1994. It is essential Owen.

http://www.dailymoti...age-match_sport

May he rest in peace.

#8 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Rut ROH.

#9 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

*shameless plug*

WATCH IMPACT TOMORROW. Austin Aries vs Joey Ryan, Gutcheck Challenge.

#10 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Oh no, Owen Hart! That would've been perfect timing for an Owen thread... Who the heck is Zen Davis? Anyways, I was just reading about how Owen was added in posthumously to the WWF Attitude video game back in the day and he was left out of the Dreamcast version for some reason.

#11 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm pretty certain this is a KaneRobot recommendation, but this match is excellent as well. It shows that a match need not be 29 minutes of false finishes to be great. It's tv length (4-5 minutes of in-ring action), but the pacing and style are waaaayyy ahead of its time. These guys were doing what indies still strive to do in 2012 nearly 20 years (!) ago.
Posted Image

#12 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

The fact that the match you posted has Sean Waltman as the other participant only further shows how great Owen's in-ring ability was.

I am extremely grateful that I got to meet Owen at a house show (in the Louisville Gardens, no less) - we were standing back by the entrance area and he was standing behind a table talking to the sound guy drinking a 7up. I remember we shouted hello to him and he walked over and started shaking hands and asking if we were enjoying the show and what not. I was maybe 11 or 12, but he treated us like we were on his level. Super nice and very humble guy. When he and Bulldog came out, the place went absolutely crazy for the two of them even though iirc they were the "heel" tag team at the time.

His "Rocket" theme song remains one of my favorite entrance themes of all time.

Click spoiler to view my PSN/360 sig boxes.

Spoiler

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#13 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Oh no, Owen Hart! That would've been perfect timing for an Owen thread... Who the heck is Zen Davis? Anyways, I was just reading about how Owen was added in posthumously to the WWF Attitude video game back in the day and he was left out of the Dreamcast version for some reason.

He was already in the game but they added a couple of tributes to him in the PS1 and N64 versions. The Dreamcast one did not have them.

Zen Davis was banned in 2008. I assume he annoyed the hell out of everyone but I don't remember him.

#14 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm pretty certain this is a KaneRobot recommendation, but this match is excellent as well. It shows that a match need not be 29 minutes of false finishes to be great. It's tv length (4-5 minutes of in-ring action), but the pacing and style are waaaayyy ahead of its time. These guys were doing what indies still strive to do in 2012 nearly 20 years (!) ago.

I'm thinking as hard as a I can, but I cannot remember the last time I saw someone do that arm wrench escape sequence in a WWE ring.

#15 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Because you asked for it, here it is.

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who mentioned that it should be a thread title.

Why do the wrestling threads get locked up at 500? They said that it's due to stress on the server or something, right? There's 50+ active threads in the OT forum that have 500+ replies. I'm assuming that John's upgraded the servers since the request to close after 500 was put in way back in 2009.

Raw's expanding to three hours, we should get to expand our thread count to 1,000. At the rate the industry's going, that should equate to one new thread every six months.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Zen Davis was banned in 2008. I assume he annoyed the hell out of everyone but I don't remember him.

He's been back under many other names since then, and he's not smart enough to keep himself from getting banned again.

#17 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm thinking as hard as a I can, but I cannot remember the last time I saw someone do that arm wrench escape sequence in a WWE ring.

Wow, you're right. There's a few old school sequences that I haven't seen forever. The arm wrench reversal. The sunset flip into about 7 different count pins. Or even something as simple as the sleeper hold and the arm raise/drop. What ever happened to using holds? I remember a long while back, someone mentioned they liked Orton because he was one of the only guys who actually used something as elementary as a headlock. Think about all the simple holds that could be used to add a little flair to a stardard match. I already said headlock and sleeper, but what about hammerlocks, abdominal stretch (maybe the corniest of all moves, but super easy to get cheap heel heat by just using ropes for leverage), or boston crab (I guess we can blame Jericho for turning the Walls into a super vanilla crab though, effectively eliminating it's use from anyone else's arsenal).

Why do the wrestling threads get locked up at 500? They said that it's due to stress on the server or something, right? There's 50+ active threads in the OT forum that have 500+ replies. I'm assuming that John's upgraded the servers since the request to close after 500 was put in way back in 2009.

Raw's expanding to three hours, we should get to expand our thread count to 1,000. At the rate the industry's going, that should equate to one new thread every six months.

I don't mind the 500 post limit. Keeps the threads fresh. When a good one is made, a bunch of posts are made about the topic at hand. And considering that a lot of the time, we don't even have much to talk about anyway...

11317.png

#18 sykotek

sykotek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

Armbar!

#19 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'd love to see more grappling holds implemented, but in the world of the 3 minute TV match, there's just no time for it. A mat-based offense based around wearing down your opponent is a great way to slow down a match and build anticipation for the high spots, but because wrestling is so much "spot->transition->spot->spot->finish" these days, no one bothers. Imagine how over Del Rio's armbreaker would be if he spent the latter part of the match working hammerlocks, armbars, and wristlocks to set up for it - he'd be the blue blood, sadistic heel that enjoys punishing people with a smile on his face. He's a world class Greco Roman wrestler (would have made the 2000 Summer Olympics had Mexico sent a team to Sydney), but shows very little of it in the ring.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#20 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

The last wrestler I saw whose moves progressed sensibly and logically towards a focused finish was Chavo Guerrero when he was a regular on Velocity. Strikes and holds focused on the neck and typically led to a brainbuster finish.
Posted Image

#21 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

He's been back under many other names since then, and he's not smart enough to keep himself from getting banned again.

He started college at Rutgers so his IP address doesn't match any of his old ones.

At least that is what I remembered from checking a few months ago. If anyone wanted to play internet detective I will show him the door.

#22 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

The fact that the match you posted has Sean Waltman as the other participant only further shows how great Owen's in-ring ability was.

While I agree that Owen was an excellent in-ring worker, I think you're undervaluing Waltman's in-ring prowess a bit. Granted he wasn't a guy you could push to the upper echelon, but the guy could work a good quality match when he wasn't overly Pac-ing it up.

#23 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

He started college at Rutgers so his IP address doesn't match any of his old ones.

At least that is what I remembered from checking a few months ago. If anyone wanted to play internet detective I will show him the door.

That was the missing piece that tied it all together. Thank you for that little bit of information.

He's been shown the door, again, until he crawls back out from the rock he's hiding under.

#24 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ah, man. All these times and I'm still naive enough to think of it as a running joke (i.e., I didn't actually think Golden Idol was Zen Davis).
Posted Image

#25 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ah, man. All these times and I'm still naive enough to think of it as a running joke (i.e., I didn't actually think Golden Idol was Zen Davis).

Really? :lol:

I knew it from the second he started verbally blowing any wrestler who's ever said the letters R-O-H.

That's why I kept telling him to shut the Fuck up. It does also work as a general reply, though.

#26 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

Damnit, does this mean I need to change this to a "Zen Davis has once again been future endeavored" wrasslin thread?
Posted Image

#27 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:45 PM

How about "Stay the Fuck away, Zen Davis"?

#28 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

Aw shit, he done got backtraced.

Click spoiler to view my PSN/360 sig boxes.

Spoiler

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#29 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Really? :lol:

I knew it from the second he started verbally blowing any wrestler who's ever said the letters R-O-H.

That's why I kept telling him to shut the Fuck up. It does also work as a general reply, though.

Yeah. If I ever get banned from somewhere, I'll probably just stay away and be okay with life. But that's just me, perhaps. Sadly.
Posted Image

#30 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Na na na na, na na na na. Hey hey hey. Goodbye!