CAGcast #284: A Masculine Name

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

Cheapy loves Max Payne 3, Wombat is not actually not too bad at Fitbit, and Shipwreck deals with delays of upcoming games and the GI Joe movie.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 77 minutes, 47MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

GoDaddy
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Nas vs Drive Sountrack - Nasty P / Hologram: Time Traveler

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

#2 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:07 AM

Cleveland beat Detroit tonight, I just got three hot dogs for $1 at Sheetz, and a new CAGcast is out. Life is good.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#3 heftymadmonkey

heftymadmonkey

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Life is good!

#4 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses.

#5 Ed_470

Ed_470

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

some great pod

#6 Jon F

Jon F

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

If you guys do decide to do a screening of the Avengers (or whatever) I will try to come, since I am not too far from L.A. Don't be afraid to charge a little, it will keep some of the freeloaders at bay. Maybe you guys could do a dinner with Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck, or a "smoke with Cheapy" fundraiser to offset some of the costs of the party, too.

#7 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

The digital comics discussion was good. I wonder why they don't just have a code for a digital copy with the book so the buyer gets both a psychical and digital version like they do so much with movies these days. That way your getting traditional comic readers onto a new medium and new comic readers to check out more books.

Also Batman Venom came in the mail today. Good so far.

As for a CAG meet up I'd just skip it and enjoy yourself. I like it better when you do things like the CAG bracelets you did long ago.

Here is what the xbox 360 chrome controllers look like:
Spoiler

Edited by thorbahn3, 24 May 2012 - 07:12 AM.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#8 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

perfect for the drive tomorrow as usual

#9 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Here is the chrome controller:

#10 mrx001

mrx001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

Can't wait for you to get your PC Cheapy.Then,maybe I'll hear less on the fitbit.

#11 ZeroForte

ZeroForte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Listening to the opening, reminded me, I must say...

Cheapy, I'm sorry I didn't listen to your recommendation to watch Drive sooner. It was greatly interesting.

#12 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

i was pretty excited for Max Payne 3, but the aiming system and the repetitive nature of the game (cut scene, shoot x amount of bad guys, repeat) bored me to death.

I tried the multiplayer portion of the game,. which was fun until people started spawn trapping me. Needless to say, I did not enjoy this game as much as I wanted to.

#13 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Sorry Mr. Wreck, Battleship is God-Awful.

And very, very long.

You sir, have A LOT of disposable income.

#14 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Not only is it not a Japanese exclusive, it comes in multiple colors as Wombat alluded to:

Silver chrome is sold at Best Buy.

Red Chrome is sold at Wal-Mart

Blue Chrome is sold at Gamestop

#15 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

No mention of the 360 possibly not being sold in the US later this year. Even though I don't see it happening, do you think this will have any impact on Microsoft possible rushing to get it's next console don't even sooner?
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#16 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I wish the Silver 360 controller with the transforming D-pad that I got for Christmas 2010 had color buttons.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#17 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

I wish the Silver 360 controller with the transforming D-pad that I got for Christmas 2010 had color buttons.

I don't. I LOVE the monochrome buttons. I don't need rainbow buttons to know which ones to hit. ;)

#18 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

downloading...

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#19 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

HAHA, I like that Wombat and Shippy know more about secret E3 announcements than Cheapy. The owner and host of CAG doesn't even get exclusives. XD
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#20 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

I don't. I LOVE the monochrome buttons. I don't need rainbow buttons to know which ones to hit. ;)

I know where the buttons are, but in low light you can't even see the X on the X button because it's so dark, which just looks crap. And when I handed the controller to my wife so she could try the Minecraft demo she found the lack of colors so confusing I had to go dig the original controller out so the buttons would match what was on the screen.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#21 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

You guys should have built your own PCs. Everything's so utterly simple and there are so many useful guides out there I'm sure Wombat could piece together a working PC in under two hours while still not being able to define RAM with any degree of confidence. Trying to put all that junk back in the giant box of battleship looks more complicated than building a PC.

Also half the reason GRAW was so awesome was because of the acronym and you only need about two weeks to get sick of playing KOTOR Online.

#22 CaptNink

CaptNink

Building consensus.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

"YOGA FIRE!"

I almost rear-ended the car in front of me at that part of the podcast. Nothing like laughing your ass off while having a heart attack during your morning commute. :D
Posted Image]

#23 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

You guys should have built your own PCs. Everything's so utterly simple and there are so many useful guides out there I'm sure Wombat could piece together a working PC in under two hours while still not being able to define RAM with any degree of confidence.

My friend is building it for me.

#24 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

My friend is building it for me.

Please take a pic of the beast when it arrives.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#25 AriesDog

AriesDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:59 PM

For the CAGcast E3 meetup you guys should contact the L.A. Microsoft Store at Westfield Century City. During E3 week I'm sure they would love to host some event. If they don't chip in, at the least Cheapy could buy a few things and give them out in a raffle or trivia contest or something like that.

#26 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Great show! Really looking forward to hear what all three of you have to say from E3. News is okay from other podcasts, but opinions from three "regular" gamers matter to me.

#27 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

http://www.engadget....-in-a-box-mini/

I wonder if telecom companies would actually consider using these antennas. Despite all the technological innovation that fits into the palm of our hands, it's sad that what runs them is still just as unsafe and dangerous.

Frontline is awesome.

Batsugunner.png

#28 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

"It seems a lot like the demo, the first level of it is straight up that level where you fight against the Chimera."

"That's the beginning of the game? Oh, that's surprising?"

I hope you mean that the setting in the first area is suprising, and not a video game demo that takes place at the beginning of the game is surprising.

#29 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

It is insane that the Dark Phoenix saga costs $17 digital, when the graphic novel is about $10.

Batsugunner.png

#30 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hey Cheapy! remember that you can use your xbox controllers with a PC (via wired or a wireless adapter)