Cave Story 3D $29.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

A couple days ago this was still $39.99 on Amazon, so it must have just went down. Still the cheapest I've found it for:

http://www.amazon.co...38218052&sr=8-1

#2 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Great game.

#3 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Dang..ive been waiting for $20 tag like most 3ds games released at its time. One inch closer I suppose :/ #silverlining

I'm completely with you. It's a short game, so I find it really hard paying more than $20. But still....if no one lowers it soon, I may have to bite.

#4 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

Keep in mind they're planning to release a 3DS eShop version of Cave Story +, especially if you don't care about whatever the 3DS cart version adds to Cave Story (I only know of the polygon levels and characters):

http://www.joystiq.c...-cave-story-3d/

#5 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

I've played Cave Story freeware, on the Wii, and Cave Story+ so I'm waiting for the $15-20 range. Great game but I can't justify paying over 20 to play it for the fourth time. Especially since I don't think I like the visuals for this as much.

#6 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

well if that other version is coming out then this should definitely drop some more I would think. I too am waiting for <20 bucks. I was just a bit concerned that it may be one of those Atlus/NIS games that becomes rare

#7 Vlaphor

Vlaphor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

And to clarify: is this akin to a "3d classic" i.e. kirby & excite bike, in which its merely the original CS+ with 3d/sharper colors? The only difference really would be that cs3d has polygonal characters, while cs+ is sprite-based...right?

Nope. It's a complete graphical remake.

Haven't tried it yet, waiting for the price to go down even further.

#8 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

I bought it for this price close to launch. Totally regret it. This version really is the worst, as the spirit of the game is gone, the music is sad, and the visuals are completely muddled. I plan on buying Cave Story + to replace my copy.

#9 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

well if that other version is coming out then this should definitely drop some more I would think. I too am waiting for <20 bucks. I was just a bit concerned that it may be one of those Atlus/NIS games that becomes rare

Probably won't matter since that other version isn't getting a cart release.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#10 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

I bought it for this price close to launch. Totally regret it. This version really is the worst, as the spirit of the game is gone, the music is sad, and the visuals are completely muddled. I plan on buying Cave Story + to replace my copy.

This is what I was thinking after looking at the screen shots of the new version.