Dual Shock 3 with PSP 1000,2000,3000?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Why hasn't this been fully utilized? I mean, it worked with PS3 Resistance 2 with the PSP Resistance Retribution.

Explaining Resistance 2 and Resistance Retribution
Spoiler

Anyway, it would be nice if there was an application, you could download off the Playstation Store that would mimic this for all PSP games.

Hypothetical explanation of app
Spoiler

It would be so awesome to have an official way of playing my UMD games through my PSP 3000 and a dual shock 3.

I just don't feel like shelling out all that money for a PSP Go and buying digital versions of all my UMD games again. (Trying to stay legitimate/in Sony's favor.)

Intended goal:
Spoiler

Then again, it would be nice to use your PSP as a UMD player for the PS3. Followed by remote play with the Vita.

First thread in the PS3 section, sorry ahead.

Edited by anotherpoorgamer, 07 June 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#2 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

They don't have bluetooth, so there's no way for direct support.

I think the R2/Retribution thing was a custom workaround that they made for Retribution, so it's not exactly the type of thing that would be easily adapted for every game. Especially since RR is altered when connected to R2.

#3 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, I knew about the PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 models not supporting bluetooth like the PSP Go. Figured a PS3 and PSP working together at the same time would have made it possible somehow.

I guess it would be too difficult of a workaround. Rewriting programing for older PSP titles, little to no demand by customers, and PSP hardware support dying with the Vita now here.

#4 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

I need this feature soooo bad. I love monster hunter for psp but my doc made me stop playing it cuz it numbed my hand...I looked around to see if it was possible to play psp with a DS3 but only psp go works, I believe. I should do some research and see if they got something going, I really miss monster hunter.