Photo
- - - - -

I just bought a Wii. What games do,you recommend?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Found an used one on ebay, and won the auction for 53 bux. What games should I get for it? Sorry, I just saw the main thread. Close this one and merge it please.

#2 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

Are you fucking serious? There is a new one coming out and will play all the original's games. Then again, that thing is rumored to be 350 which is too high and 50 is pretty low.

Mario galaxy games, Zelda skyward sword, Kirby. Maybe cursed mountain. That game was okay and the collectors edition was really cheap. That's really all I can recommend.

#3 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

All the main Nintendo franchises are pretty much winners. If you got a BC Wii, pick up some older Gamecube games if you haven't.

^for $53, it's so worth it. It's less than most games now and even so, if it's a BC Wii, it's still able to play Gamecube games where as the Wii U afaik can not.

#4 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

I second the gamecube games. Not only are they cheap as hell, but there are tons of fun games.

#5 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, once I got to thinking about the WIi U being backwards compatible I kind of regretted it. But it is backwards compatible with the GameCube, so hopefully it's worth it. I've owned a wii in the past. Picked up Mario Galaxy for $10.50. I have heard it is awesome, so there's a start.

#6 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

some I recommend are twilight princess, mario kart, new super mario bros, no more heroes, mad world, zack and wiki, warioware smooth moves, epic mickey, trauma center to get you started

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#7 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

There are lots of good games for the Wii. To add to the above:

Okami
Little King's Story
Xenoblade Chronicles
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Sin & Punishment
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Metroid Prime Trilogy (harder to find now)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Posted Image

#8 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

$53 for a Wii or...

$350+ for a Wii U...

Yeah I think you made the right decision.

Especially if you got a BC Wii. There are so many good Gamecube games if you haven't played one before.

Some good games others haven't mentioned:

Monster Hunter Tri
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Paper Mario
Sonic Colors

Definitely pick up the Mario Galaxy games.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#9 E_G_Man

E_G_Man

Boilermaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

My favorite Wii game is Super Smash Bros. So add that to your list of must buy!

I would also suggest Wii Sports and Boom Blox.
FRIEND CODES:
WII
Spoiler

DS
Spoiler

#10 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I myself just picked up a special edition red wii w/new super mario bros and wii sports a few weeks ago so I could play Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't recommend the game enough!

Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Smash Bros Brawl are going to $30 starting this Sunday, plus Pikmin 2 w/new play controls for $20.
\\:D/

#11 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

I myself just picked up a special edition red wii w/new super mario bros and wii sports a few weeks ago so I could play Xenoblade Chronicles. I can't recommend the game enough!

Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Smash Bros Brawl are going to $30 starting this Sunday, plus Pikmin 2 w/new play controls for $20.

Couldn't agree more with this posters recommendations.

I'll throw my recommendations at:

Punchout
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Madworld
Zack and Wiki

Grab for WiiWare -
Castlevania Rebirth
and Contra Rebirth

Both of those are gems.

And of course, any first party titles. I especially like Rhythm Heaven Fever.

#12 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Worth it so you can display gamecube games via component cable if anything (especially if your main TV is a HDTV), wii component cables are very common but gamecube cables are very uncommon and expensive, and also some models of the cube don't even have the extra port for component. At least I think that is what the extra port is used for. Anyone who doesn't have a Wii yet and has an HDTV if you can get a Wii for $40-50 bucks it would be worth it for this feature alone. Its probably cheaper to buy a Wii at this point than to track down the alternate gamecube cables.

Buy a cheap Wii now play what is good in the library, pick up Wii U down the line when all the games are out and the console has dropped in price.

I recommend Opoona if you are looking for a very unique RPG.

If you play first party games avoid Pokemon Pokepark like the plague, it is the most boring and uninteresting game I think I have ever played in my life and I have played some turds. I honestly think I got more enjoyment out of Hannah montana and hIgh school musical for xbox 360 even though I was just going for the achievements for a quick score boost especially since I got the games super cheap, because those games actually had game to them. In pokepark all you do is play a few minigames and run around and make friends with pokemon.

#13 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

New Wiis don't have GameCube ports, if you recall.

I recommend Zack & Wiki, definitely the best 3rd party game released on Wii, as well as Punch-Out.

EDIT:
For Wii Ware I recommend Excitebike: World Rally and Mega Man 9 (This one is the best game on the system)

Edited by KingBroly, 10 June 2012 - 06:48 AM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#14 pezmanmike

pezmanmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Batman: The Brave and the Bold - without a doubt. Wayforward is an amazing developer and this game is great, especially with two players.

I think TRU has it for $20 and they're offering two for $30 on all $20 Wii games.

And on WiiWare, I recommend Target Toss: Pro Bags. Maybe its a midwest thing but I love me some bags.
Currently Playing:

:360:: Borderlands 2
:wii:: Tatsunoko vs Capcom (with fight stick!)
:3ds:: Pushmo
:ps3:: Double Dragon: Neon

#15 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Most people who have already replied have given good recommendations. Okami was my favorite game experience on the Wii. I don't think anyone has mentioned Wii Sports Resort yet, if you're into that kind of game it's really fun. For Wiiware, the Excitebike game is a blast. And for Gamecube, if you never played Eternal Darkness it is an excellent game.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Pikmin 3, Super Mario World, F-Zero

#16 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Resident Evil 4!!!!!! 'Nuff said.

#17 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Conduit 1&2 were quite good
Tatsunoko(sp?) vs. Capcom
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Wii Sports Resort
Super Mario All Stars Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Trauma Team
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Red Steel 2

That's all that I can really think of that have not been already said.

#18 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Do you not see the sticky thread?

Batsugunner.png

#19 dkcecil

dkcecil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

No More Heroes 1&2
Madworld
Trauma Center
A Boy and His Blob
Resident Evil 4
Dead Space Extraction
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Like old school horror and B movies? Check this out.
http://www.goodbadflicks.com/

#20 twa318

twa318

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Wario: Shake It!

my fav game on the wii

also excite truck

#21 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Resident Evil games
MArio Kart
Nba Jam
Just Dance
Mario
Super Smash Bros
Madworld
House of the Dead
etc

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#22 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

House of the Dead: Overkill
Madworld
Okami
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Sin & Punishment
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
Resident Evil 4
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Trauma Team

#23 Action!

Action!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Xenoblade Chronicles
No More Heroes
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Kirby Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Paper Mario
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
TLoZ: Skyward Sword
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Okami
Madworld
Chocobo's Dungeon
A Boy and His Blob
RE4, if you haven't played it.
Dead Space Extraction
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy, though as someone said earlier, it's kinda hard to find now.

I'll come back if I think of more.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#24 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

If you like JRPGs, I'd recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends for the game cube, although you might have a hard time finding a copy.
To each his own.

#25 gam3rfan09

gam3rfan09

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Resident Evil 4
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wii Party
Wii Sports
The Just Dance Series
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Boom Blox: Bash Party
Super Mario Galaxy 1 AND 2
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Party 9
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story

#26 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Kirby's Epic Yarn

If anyone has told you this game is not worth having, don't believe the hate. Kirby's Epic Yarn is one of the most charming games currently on the market. The visuals are nothing short of inspired.

I would also throw out a recommendation for Endless Ocean: Blue World.

#27 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

More shameless promotion of one of my lists for Wii games in 2010 (link, click it!).

I'm thinking I might just go ahead and do one for every year, as I think with the Wii U out soon, more people are going to be asking this question. I think the box art visual helps, as some good games will get lost in the sea of text otherwise.

Also I would like to add Bit.Trip Complete, one awesome game that hasn't be mentioned yet, great value for the $20 or less on Amazon.

#28 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm thinking I might just go ahead and do one for every year

I think this is a very good idea. I found your list quite informative. While I have acquired a significant number of titles on that list, there were a few that had passed me by. (and that I will be keeping an eye out for at used game stores) The Wii shelves at used game stores tend to be stuffed with dross that is difficult to sift through. Knowing about some lesser-known titles ahead of time would make the search for worthwhile bargains a lot easier.

#29 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I think this is a very good idea. I found your list quite informative. While I have acquired a significant number of titles on that list, there were a few that had passed me by. (and that I will be keeping an eye out for at used game stores) The Wii shelves at used game stores tend to be stuffed with dross that is difficult to sift through. Knowing about some lesser-known titles ahead of time would make the search for worthwhile bargains a lot easier.

Alright, so you encouraged me to take on every year now, starting with 2006, as it was pretty easy to do by comparison.

I also find this list good to compare up against the Wii U launch titles, which the Wii U's offerings look miles better to me in 20/20 hindsight. Then again I'm sure there are many other games that looked promising in October 2006 that failed miserably upon release, so take that as you will for now.

Edited by Billytwoshoes, 26 September 2012 - 04:18 PM.
corrected vision

#30 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I believe I already have most of the notable stand-outs from 2006. And its quite understandable that the 2006 would be so short, the Wii only had a month and a half in that window, after all. I would imagine the 2007 list should be much more interesting.