Photo
- - - - -

Price drops on Wii games: Smash, DKC Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Pikmin 2,MarioTennis

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I looked through the Deals forum and only saw one thread where a dude thought only Super Smash Bros. had dropped, and only at Target.

Here are the new MSRP's for some decent Wii games, taken from an e-mail I received today from Nintendo:

Posted Image

Gamecube games ported to Wii controls:
Mario Power Tennis - $19.99
Pikmin 2 - $19.99

Wii games:
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $29.99
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $29.99
Kirby's Epic Yarn - $19.99

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#2 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Definitely will get pikmin 2 soon- only played first one on GameCube

#3 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

^I'm the opposite, I played Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube first. Maybe I should track down the original Pikmin.

Then again, I have this feeling that Pikmin 2 was a significant improvement over the original Pikmin.

I guess Kirby didn't sell well enough to be a part of the Nintendo Selects new batch, even though it is the same price as them.

Besides, I remember hearing people getting Kirby's Epic Yarn on sale for like $15 or less new a long time ago.

Finally, Smash Bros. goes down in price.

#4 VISCO

VISCO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Now if only nintendo would drop the price on the system it pisses me off the way they took away features but kept the price the same

#5 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:21 AM

^I'm the opposite, I played Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube first. Maybe I should track down the original Pikmin.

Then again, I have this feeling that Pikmin 2 was a significant improvement over the original Pikmin.

I guess Kirby didn't sell well enough to be a part of the Nintendo Selects new batch, even though it is the same price as them.

Besides, I remember hearing people getting Kirby's Epic Yarn on sale for like $15 or less new a long time ago.

Finally, Smash Bros. goes down in price.

Some will argue that 2 had too many updates and that the first is better. It's probably best to play it regardless, just because it's a really good game!

#6 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

Will probably rebuy Brawl at this new low price.

I loved Pikmin growing up but a few years ago some buddies and I tried to beat it in one night...it has not aged very well lol

#7 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:09 AM

Does anyone know if all New Play Control games have 16:9 support? Considering Pikmin 2 on GCN has been selling for about ~$50 used this is a great deal, and if it has widescreen support I may pick it up again for an inevitable 2nd playthrough. It initially seemed pretty baffling that they'd finally release it stateside this late, but now with their Pikmin 3 push it makes sense.

#8 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Considering Pikmin 2 on GCN has been selling for about ~$50 used this is a great deal

Holy crap.. I had no idea it was selling for so much. I've had it for a few years, purchased new black label, and have barely played it.. very good / like new condition. I'm almost tempted to sell it and buy the Wii version.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#9 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

As soon as DKCR hits that $20 mark I'll probably pick it up again used.

#10 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

Everybody go buy Smash right now.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#11 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

Glad to see Epic Yarn coming down. Beat the gamefly rental, but I make it a point to pick up every Kirby title I can. Looking forward to a better price point on Return to Dreamland. Love that game.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#12 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Some will argue that 2 had too many updates and that the first is better. It's probably best to play it regardless, just because it's a really good game!

I see, if I can find a copy of Pikmin on the Wii that too was a Nintendo Selects title.

Still hoping for Chibi-Robo!, F-Zero GX, and separate disc versions of Metroid Prime 1+2 to be added the Nintendo Selects line.

#13 LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Pikmin 2 is hands down my favorite game of all time, so I'll probably pick this up soon to prepare for Pikmin 3.

#14 postaboy

postaboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

thank god i flipped my 3 copies of pikmin 2 a couple weeks ago.
Lakers for Life!

#15 kidkash03

kidkash03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Kirby might be pretty easy, but it's the pure definition of fun gaming, and at $20 it's a steal.

Pikmin 2 Wii does have 16:9 support.

#16 AdamTen

AdamTen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'm so glad Pikmin 2 was released. No way I was buying it on GCN at the prices it was at.