46 replies to this topic

#1 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know the 10 disc set is up on Amazon US, and will probably have some really cool case, but this set is for those that don't care about the case and would like to save $100+ or so.

Includes Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, and The Avengers (titled "Avengers Assemble" in the UK). 2D versions only, no 3D versions.

Special features:

Spoiler

Edited by Scorch, 09 September 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Wow that's just $8 a movie, including The Avengers!

Tempting...

But I like the limited edition SHIELD brief case (has it be confirmed yet?) from the US though... plus the US has the 3D versions (I just got myself a 3D TV for Christmas).

#3 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

nice might have to jump on that

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#4 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

are these region locked?

#5 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

are these region locked?

if only that information was listed somewhere.. man, where would it be if it were listed.. hmm :)

Posted Image

#6 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

This is a great deal, but I'm also interested in picking up the 3D versions of the films, so I may have to go with the more expensive option for this one.

659629.png?68329996

#7 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

In for one... i have till September to cancel if something better comes along...

76561198020429748.png

#8 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:25 AM

if only that information was listed somewhere.. man, where would it be if it were listed.. hmm :)

Spoiler

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#9 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Speculation says that since they are Disney, it should be region free.

#10 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

Speculation says that since they are Disney, it should be region free.

Or you can just read the title of the thread that specifically says region free in it and not worry about speculation.

#11 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

Or you can just read the title of the thread that specifically says region free in it and not worry about speculation.

Yes because thread titles from CAG are considered definitive facts? I'm positive this is region free, but please don't try and lecture someone when apparently your only basis for believing it is the title of the thread, that's just stupid.

#12 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Yes because thread titles from CAG are considered definitive facts? I'm sure this is region free, but please don't try and lecture someone when your only basis for believing it is the title of the thread, that's just silly.

The product listing on Amazon UK itself says it's region free, which is most likely where the op got the info from.

Might not be definitive fact but it's not like the op just made up info.

#13 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

The product listing on Amazon UK itself says it's region free, which is most likely where the op got the info from.

Might not be definitive fact but it's not like the op just made up info.

Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension. It's stupid.. Now if he responded and said something more along what you wrote, or perhaps pointed out that all the individual releases from the UK are region free then I wouldn't have said anything. Saying "durrr if the title says it then it must be true durrr" adds absolutely zero, and was a completely unnecessary response to sassylaurie.

#14 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

I preordered. Hopefully I remember I preordered it on Amazon UK when September comes. I have a really nice 2011 Samsung 3D LED TV, so I'd like to buy the 3D blu-rays. I might end up cancelling this Amazon UK order. But $8 a film is too good to pass up.

Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension. It's stupid.. Now if he responded and said something more along what you wrote, or perhaps pointed out that all the individual releases from the UK are region free then I wouldn't have said anything. Saying "durrr if the title says it then it must be true durrr" adds absolutely zero, and was a completely unnecessary response to sassylaurie.

People are condescending on the internet. That's how the internet works. People are anonymous and say whatever shit they want. Can we please use this thread to discuss the deal instead of bickering back and forth?

#15 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Never picked up thor or CA, so I must say I am tempted.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#16 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Damn... I don't have 3D, and I could care less about the suitcase... I am probably going to be in for this.

So the US is NOT getting this set??? Wonder why? Looks like there'd be a market from people that don't want all the bells and whistles, just the movies...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#17 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

Damn... I don't have 3D, and I could care less about the suitcase... I am probably going to be in for this.

So the US is NOT getting this set??? Wonder why? Looks like there'd be a market from people that don't want all the bells and whistles, just the movies...

I'm with you on this one. I'd like to see a US release along this line. Maybe in an Alien Anthology type of book, but that's wishful thinking.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Both this set and the 10 disc set are disappointing to me as they lack the extra discs fro IM 1 and 2. Those discs have a ton of extras on them and I don't see why they should be omitted from these ultimate collection sets.

Here's what's missing (source: highdef digest reviews):

IM:

• Documentary: "I Am Iron Man" (HD, 111 minutes)
  • Featurette: "Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man" (HD, 27 minutes)
  • Rehearsal Footage (HD, 11 minutes)
  • Still Gallery (HD, 5 minutes)
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD)
IM2:

• Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of 'Iron Man 2' (HD, 1 hour 27 minutes 8 seconds)
  • Featurettes (HD, 30:31)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD, 16:50)
  • Concept Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD, 6:22)
  • Other Marvel Trailers (HD, 5:33)
  • "Shoot to Thrill" AC/DC Music Video (HD, 5:37)

#19 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

With The Avengers in there, this set is definitely worth it. Looking forward to seeing this at my front door.

fs_overall.png

#20 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

Still up in the air with this. The way blu's have been on sale over the past year, I am picturing a huge Avengers release sale where all of these separate movies are on sale in their respective 2-3 disc combo packs for $10 or less. Perhaps there will be a promotion where "with the purchase of The Avengers" or "with the purchase of any 2", but I am thinking I will hold off for that reason.

#21 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

where is the 10 disc set of Avengers Assembeled i can't find it on amazon

edit find it

#22 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Pretty much perfect for me. I enjoyed The Avengers but have never seen Thor, Incredible Hulk, or Captain America. Six flicks for $8 a pop with no extra crap (DVDs, 3D) is an excellent buy for me. I wouldn't mind the 10-disc set, but with no use for 3D I don't think it will ever be cheap enough for me to bother.

#23 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Yes I'm aware, and I'm positive it is. I'm not doubting the op, I'm just pointing out that it's silly to be condescending to someone for no damn reason and then use the title of a thread as the basis for that condescension.

It's not just the title of the thread though, if he would've bothered clicking the link to read the product description, it says region free in the heading of the webpage, the big, bold product description, and under region listing in the description, it says all regions.

It's hard for me to help someone that so clearly didn't even put forth the most miniscule of efforts to find the answer for themselves.

Still up in the air with this. The way blu's have been on sale over the past year, I am picturing a huge Avengers release sale where all of these separate movies are on sale in their respective 2-3 disc combo packs for $10 or less. Perhaps there will be a promotion where "with the purchase of The Avengers" or "with the purchase of any 2", but I am thinking I will hold off for that reason.

Keep in mind that Disney owns Marvel now. When's the last time you saw Disney do anything on Blu for $10 or less? I could see $15 for disc-only blu versions of the movies, but this is the #3 top grossing movie of all time - they're going to milk as much out of it as they can.

I think $50 for six movies, especially these six movies, is an incredible deal, and I'm glad that some of you are getting in on this deal.

We're still in the middle of the massive push for consumers to adopt 3D. I don't think it's as bad in the UK as it is here.

Posted Image

#24 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

So is the European version of Avengers called Avengers Assemble?

#25 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Both this set and the 10 disc set are disappointing to me as they lack the extra discs fro IM 1 and 2. Those discs have a ton of extras on them and I don't see why they should be omitted from these ultimate collection sets.

Here's what's missing (source: highdef digest reviews):

IM:

• Documentary: "I Am Iron Man" (HD, 111 minutes)
  • Featurette: "Wired: The Visual Effects of Iron Man" (HD, 27 minutes)
  • Rehearsal Footage (HD, 11 minutes)
  • Still Gallery (HD, 5 minutes)
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD)
IM2:

• Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of 'Iron Man 2' (HD, 1 hour 27 minutes 8 seconds)
  • Featurettes (HD, 30:31)
  • Deleted Scenes (HD, 16:50)
  • Concept Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailers (HD, 6:22)
  • Other Marvel Trailers (HD, 5:33)
  • "Shoot to Thrill" AC/DC Music Video (HD, 5:37)

They have to save (ransom) something for the IM trilogy box set to give people a faint reason to double dip after IM3.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#26 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

So is the European version of Avengers called Avengers Assemble?

This is the second time someone has asked a question that is answered in the OP.

Posted Image

#27 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

They have to save (ransom) something for the IM trilogy box set to give people a faint reason to double dip after IM3.

Wow, you're right. I'm willing to bet all of my superhero blu-rays that you are correct.

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

Here's what appears to be the final artwork for the set. It looks quite nice imo, except perhaps the generic disc art. I still wish they inclded the bonus disc for IM 1 and 2 though

Posted Image

#29 WrestleCrap'sRD

WrestleCrap'sRD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to OP for the link for this. Got ours yesterday from Amazon UK, and it is FANTASTIC! Love love love this movie, and it was kinda fun to think we were watching the Blu-Ray a few days "early". ;)
Check out the WORST of Pro Wrestling at WrestleCrap.com!
http://www.wrestlecrap.com/

#30 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Seems to be a lot of butt-hurt people on this thread for some reason.