• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#1 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image
Joel and Hank get the biggest tips imaginable. 8-)
Posted Image

#2 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

That looks like a great tip to me!

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Silent Hill HD collection and Sonic Generations (and maybe LEGO Harry Potter 5-7) during that gamefly sale.

#3 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Breakfast.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#4 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Why, yes, that does look like breakfast, Hank.

#5 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

^__^

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#6 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Just the tip, just to see how it feels.

Restarted my WoW subscription for a month. Too bad my computer is a laptop bought off the shelf at Best Buy for cheap a couple years ago. 11 FPS bay-bee!

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#7 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

But WOW is also like what, 8 years old now? Even shit laptops should have no problem running it.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#8 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

But WOW is also like what, 8 years old now? Even shit laptops should have no problem running it.

I know, my mind is blown.

EDIT - even messing with stuff within the game, I can't get it to consistently run above 19 FPS.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#9 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

there's a lot of new particle effects and people running around, so yeah, you kind of need better hardware to keep up with it.

i dropped out at WotLK, but it's probably only gotten more demanding.

#10 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

there's a lot of new particle effects and people running around, so yeah, you kind of need better hardware to keep up with it.

i dropped out at WotLK, but it's probably only gotten more demanding.

Yeah, I started back in 2005 and played through TBC. Stuff in Outland ran significantly slower than the main game. Same story with Lich King (played about 2 months of that back in 2009).

Overall it's basically a completely different game.

#11 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

My wife played up until like a month ago. I got into really heavy years ago for about 6 months but kinda got bored when I hit endgame.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#12 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Aye that's why I left. Vanilla and BC were by far the best MMO experiences I've ever had though. In terms of PvE.

Always wanted to go back, but it's just not practical for me anymore.

#13 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

I played the free trial, died out in some field, never went back.

Yeah buddy.

My laptop is a 2006 Dell Latitude D620 with Nvidia Quadro 110 GPU, guarantee it would choke on WoW. It choked on Super Meat Boy, but only during some effects like after level transitions. Otherwise, it ran decently well.

#14 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I give terrible tips to terrible strippers.

#15 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Taking on Land of the Livid Dead again. On screen (?) 3 already... much farther in than my initial attempt.

#16 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

That looks like a great tip to me!

I'm still pissed that I missed out on Silent Hill HD collection and Sonic Generations (and maybe LEGO Harry Potter 5-7) during that gamefly sale.

If it makes you feel any better, I hear the SH Collection is a wreck. I've seen almost nothing but complaints about the thing.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#17 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

I give up on MMOs, especially the ones that still insist on charging monthly subscription rates. I'll play the free ones or the ones that offer lifetime subs, if anything.

#18 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Lookin' in all the right places

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

It's an arcade style score game I think, so it's meant to be played more than once.

I think I read that it's not possible to unlock everything in one playthrough.

This.

I don't remember how long it took me exactly, but probably around 6 to 8 hours or so? If you're looking for a cinematic experience like Uncharted, then it's probably best to look elsewhere. Shouldn't be too hard considering that's what most games seem to be going for these days.

#19 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I hear the SH Collection is a wreck. I've seen almost nothing but complaints about the thing.

It was a train wreck HD port, unfortunately.

I give up on MMOs, especially the ones that still insist on charging monthly subscription rates. I'll play the free ones or the ones that offer lifetime subs, if anything.

What? You are suppose to succumb to the monthly fee!

#20 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

They screwed up the fog on the original Silent Hill in the HD Collection. I mean...HOW? It's the entire game. It's just another nail in that series' coffin that Konami just can't take a hint on.

Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this generation besides Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. And even then it's up there.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#21 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this generation besides Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. And even then it's up there.

I disagree; I'd say it's BlazBlue, Mahvel, or Bayonetta. Yes, I've played the super mario games and xenoblade chronicles is an RPG.

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

I disagree; I'd say it's BlazBlue, Mahvel, or Bayonetta. Yes, I've played the super mario games and xenoblade chronicles is an RPG.

I agree.

Anything by Platinum Games is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this gen (minus Madworld).

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

They screwed up the fog on the original Silent Hill in the HD Collection. I mean...HOW? It's the entire game. It's just another nail in that series' coffin that Konami just can't take a hint on.

SH1 is in the HD collection?

Also double post.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#24 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

I agree.

Anything by Platinum Games is probably the best thing to come out of Japan this gen (minus Madworld).

I'm calling it, the best thing to come out of Japan this gen will be MGR.

SH1 is in the HD collection?

Also double post.

No.

#25 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Final Fantasy XIII

sup

#26 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yeah, I know. But for $15, I was willing to take a chance it'd get the promised patch by the time I got to it. Plus I was going to say Fuck it and grab Sonic (and maybe L:HP) at the same time. When SH was gone, I was too lazy to order the other games.

#27 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Marvel, BlazBlue, Bayonetta, etc.
Agree totally -- I couldn't even stand to play the Galaxy games past the initial levels... the new controls and the powerups and shit just don't do it for me anymore. I can't speak on Xenoblade Chronicles, since I haven't played it though... and I know, I know, you hate RPGs, so it's fine. 8)

#28 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

I think Dark Souls in the best game to come out of Japan this generation. Despite being the source of constant WRPG vs. JRPG wars, it's neither. Other than Demons Souls, it's pretty much unlike anything I've ever played.

#29 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

I think Bayonetta has major pacing issues. I mean, putting the worst level in the game before by far the best boss fight in the game? Horrible. And the bike level was terrible as well. Also, the aesthetic design was pretty bad.

Mahvel and BlazBlue...I played Vanilla Mahvel, and it was broken, so I didn't play Ultimate Mahvel that Capcom decided was good to cash in on. BlazBlue...I've heard good things about, but they fell into the same Capcpom trap of releasing a new version every 10-12 months or so. It hurts the uniqueness of the brand as well as branding it as special.

Xenoblade Chronicles basically shits on every JRPG this generation and says 'NO WONDER NO ONE LIKES YOU ANYMORE!' because they have shit on their face.

I liked Demon's Souls, but I hate Dark Souls. I really don't understand why, but it's probably because of the uniqueness factor being gone. It also feels more cheap for some reason. Never had that problem with Demon's Souls.

Pikmin 2 Update: 60% of Debt Recovered, 8 Days Down.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#30 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Wait, wasn't marvel panned at release for it's online implementation on DLC shenanigans?