Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: A Bunch of Games That Have Been or Will Be Bundled, But at a Higher Price and With No Cards to Sell (75% off)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7479 replies to this topic

#1 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

If you haven't bought from GOG before, all of their games are no-hassle DRM free and
almost all of them come with bonus content (soundtracks, wallpapers, concept art, etc).
These are also old games that typically would not work on new operating systems like
Vista and Win7. GOG tweaks all their games to work perfectly with any PC!
There are very few exceptions to this (i.e. Gorky 17).

Sales/Promotions:

Weekend Promo 
75% Off Platformers Aplenty!
Duke Nukem 1+2 - $1.99
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - $1.99
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $4.99
Escape Goat - $1.99
Escape Goat 2 - $6.66
Ethan: Meteor Hunter - $2.49
Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord - $1.24
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - $3.74
Hocus Pocus - $1.99
Psychonauts - $2.99
Realms of Chaos - $1.99
Secret Agent - $1.99
Spelunky - $4.99
Stick it to the Man! - $4.99
A Story About My Uncle - $6.49
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - $1.99
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - $1.99
Teslagrad - $3.99
Unepic - $3.99
Valdis Story: Abyssal City - $4.99
Volgarr the Viking - $3.99
Waking Mars - $2.49
Windforge - $7.49

Special Promo 
80% Off Witcher 1 & 2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut - $1.99
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition - $3.99

Free Games:Info on group buys:
Spoiler
(Thanks to Severose for this!)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I have been quite interested in Rayman Forever, since I'm a huge platformer fan. However, I do wonder, is it worth it? Does the game hold up well after all these years?

#3 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

I don't know, but I have fond memories of playing Rayman on the PSX when I was a kid (Rayman Forever is a really good port of that one; the original). I think classic platformers like Rayman hold up better than most genres because they aren't so graphically intense. Rayman still looks pretty damn good though!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

Has anyone ever played Might and Magic?

#5 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

I was looking at reviews on that one and the general consensus is that it doesn't even deserve to be considered into the Might and Magic series. Complaints of weak story, terrible linearity, etc etc. For $3 I can't imagine you can go all that wrong, but I can't say much about it.

bZ2g3eF.png

#6 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

I have been quite interested in Rayman Forever, since I'm a huge platformer fan. However, I do wonder, is it worth it? Does the game hold up well after all these years?

I would say yes. I'm passing on the sale myself because I have the Rayman games on GOG already. Not interested in the others.

#7 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Has anyone ever played Might and Magic?

I would only consider Crusaders of Might and Magic if you like the video game equivalents of B movies. You might be able to reap some ever so slight fun from it despite, or maybe because of, how bad it is.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#8 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

Updated the OP with the current deals and voting process going on.

bZ2g3eF.png

#9 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

I closed my thread that had fallen down to page 2. I don't mind since it'll mean less work for me to do.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#10 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:34 AM

I closed my thread that had fallen down to page 2. I don't mind since it'll mean less work for me to do.

You are certainly a busy CAG (I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort). Consider GOG deals taken off your hands then. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#11 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

This place is the best. Try Tiny and Big if you like platformer/puzzle games. HOLY SHIT it is fun.

I also had to snag Myst, I hope Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy wins for tomorrow.

Firepowerr.png

#12 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

This place is the best. Try Tiny and Big if you like platformer/puzzle games. HOLY SHIT it is fun.

I also had to snag Myst, I hope Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy wins for tomorrow.

Looks like it's blowing away Alone in the Dark at the moment (10642 versus 5903 votes), so it's pretty safe to say that Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy will be $2.39 at midnight. The game has always interested me; $2.39 looks like a steal.

Bought Myst for my grandma. The game always hurt my brain when I was a kid; I'm sure she would fare much better at it than me! :roll:

bZ2g3eF.png

#13 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

I bought Myst for myself, but yeah 2.39 is unbeatable.

Firepowerr.png

#14 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Looks like it's blowing away Alone in the Dark at the moment (10642 versus 5903 votes), so it's pretty safe to say that Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy will be $2.39 at midnight. The game has always interested me; $2.39 looks like a steal.

Bought Myst for my grandma. The game always hurt my brain when I was a kid; I'm sure she would fare much better at it than me! :roll:

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually liked Indigo Prophecy a lot more than Heavy Rain.. I don't think you'll regret your purchase, but I wonder what the controls are like, and if it has gamepad support? I don't think I'd want to play it with a keyboard/mouse lol.

#15 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Haven't played either of them and I have no idea about controller support, but for $2.39 I really don't mind either way.

bZ2g3eF.png

#16 butternuts

butternuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Not sure why but I decided to get myst. I remember seeing that thing in the case and it having like 6 cds or something. On a side note I just created my account so i just wanted to know if those free games stay in the account or if i should go ahead and download them.

#17 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

They stay forever. :)

Firepowerr.png

#18 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Does anybody know if $5.99 is a good price for 7th Guest? I've always wanted to play it and don't see it on Steam so I guess it won't be in the Steam summer sale. Is there anywhere I can find it cheaper (and compatible with Win7) or is this the best I'll find?

I was thinking about getting Myst: Masterpiece Edition as well since I lost my copy of the original Myst a long time ago but figured I'd wait until the Steam summer sale to see if they have a nice sale on the Cyan Pack since I'd like to get Riven and Uru as well. If not, then I'm in no rush to get it and figure it will be on sale again sometime.

#19 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Does anybody know if $5.99 is a good price for 7th Guest? I've always wanted to play it and don't see it on Steam so I guess it won't be in the Steam summer sale. Is there anywhere I can find it cheaper (and compatible with Win7) or is this the best I'll find?

I was thinking about getting Myst: Masterpiece Edition as well since I lost my copy of the original Myst a long time ago but figured I'd wait until the Steam summer sale to see if they have a nice sale on the Cyan Pack since I'd like to get Riven and Uru as well. If not, then I'm in no rush to get it and figure it will be on sale again sometime.

Unfortunately the sale is over on both of these titles. Each new sale starts and ends at 9AM ET.

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#20 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

$5.99 is GOG's standard price for older games. They do have rotating sales so it's possible it may go on another GOG sale at some point however it may be some time before that happens. They don't have regular storewide sales like Steam so you would have to wait for a weekend deal and there's no telling when that would be. Could be next weekend (unlikely since it was just on sale) or next year.

Also the most they will discount generally will be 50% off. Don't expect 75% off since GOG doesn't go that low.

#21 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Unfortunately the sale is over on both of these titles. Each new sale starts and ends at 9AM ET.

Oh crap, I didn't even realize it was that late already...doh, I hate how fast time flies when I'm goofing around on the internet. #-o

#22 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 $3.59
Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) $2.39

#23 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

$5.99 is GOG's standard price for older games. They do have rotating sales so it's possible it may go on another GOG sale at some point however it may be some time before that happens. They don't have regular storewide sales like Steam so you would have to wait for a weekend deal and there's no telling when that would be. Could be next weekend (unlikely since it was just on sale) or next year.

Also the most they will discount generally will be 50% off. Don't expect 75% off since GOG doesn't go that low.

Ah ok, thanks for the info, I haven't used GOG very much so any info I can pick up is great. Actually I'm still somewhat of a Steam noob too (despite having nearly 60 games :-o) but I think I've gotten pretty well acquainted with the "cag strategy" for it over the past few months from visiting and posting on the Steam thread. I've only bought 1 or 2 games from GOG thus far but I do like their selection of older games and the fact that they're compatible with Win7. :)

#24 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Heh, sorry for so many noob questions; but since I just missed yesterday's sales, I'm kind of interested in both of the games today - any opinions on price and quality of the games? Thanks!

#25 eldergias

eldergias

I can be rational. Can you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Bought Alone in the Dark, but really annoyed that I missed 7th Guest. I need to get that and 11th Hour when the go on sale at some point.
gallery_474050_8161_57343.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

All of my discussions are governed by the Rational Discussion Flow-Chart.

#26 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Heh, sorry for so many noob questions; but since I just missed yesterday's sales, I'm kind of interested in both of the games today - any opinions on price and quality of the games? Thanks!

IMO, Fahrenheit is a must-buy, especially at this price point (never been cheaper, at least in the uncensored version). This is one of Quantic Dream's pre-Heavy Rain releases, so I can't imagine it being anything less than stellar. I just have to go through that annoying hassle of calling my bank so I can spend money at Gog. That's the biggest headache when dealing with these foreign sites.

#27 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

IMO, Fahrenheit is a must-buy, especially at this price point (never been cheaper, at least in the uncensored version). This is one of Quantic Dream's pre-Heavy Rain releases, so I can't imagine it being anything less than stellar.

The first half of the game is great, without a doubt. The game starts to go off the rails towards the end though, so be prepared for some disappointment.

Definitely worth the $2.39 though.

#28 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

The game starts to go off the rails towards the end though, so be prepared for some disappointment.

I've read that in other places (one of the top reviews on Gog, for example), but I'd kick myself for not picking it up at this price.

#29 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Everyone seems to have the right idea of Indigo Prophecy - The first half is worthwhile, but be prepped for when the story goes aggressively and completely downhill. The gameplay is still intriguing, but it does wear thin once the quality of the story plummets.

I find the current voting scenario to be quite humorous - People seem to want Postal 2 more than Serious Sam. (Admittedly, I'm sure most own a version of Serious Sam 2 at this point.) I have played Postal 2, and I feel that a sub-$3 pricetag seems appropriate for the sampling of the game's idiocy.

#30 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Picked up Indigo Prophecy. I remember playing the demo when it first came out and being interested but never got around to buying the game for whatever reason. I have good memories of the AITD series but I have a feeling they haven't aged very gracefully. Hope some the Might and Magic and Lands of Lore games are part of this promo eventually.
Posted Image

Posted Image