Photo
- - - - -

Dirt 3 Complete Used $13.50 @ GS w/PUR coupon+ BB TIV on D3 original is 16 = Upgrade!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

If you're like me and have Dirt 3 Standard and no DLC, but want the DLC, here's a way to get it and even come out ahead. You will need to have Gamestop PUR and 2000 points available for the coupon special currently active.

Dirt 3 Complete is $25 used at GS for both systems. The GS online tracker does differentiate between vanilla and complete unlike Best Buy's. Use the PUR coupon to get $10 off a $19.99 or up used game and the PUR 10% discount to drop the cost to $13.49 pretax. This coupon expires 6/24 according to the thread.

Now just take your vanilla copy to Best Buy and take advantage of the 100% trade in bonus to get $16.80 in Best Buy credit (current base trade in value is $8 for both systems + 100% or $8 + 10% Unlocked Bonus or $.80). At last check, the trade in bonus ends 7/7 although the trade in value could change at any time.

According to this thread, Dirt 3 Complete new copies may be getting converted to used which would make this easier with more used copies in the wild. At my stores, this conversion had not happened. If you get a converted copy or get lucky you may also get an extra online pass to sell or trade as well.

BE SURE THEY GIVE YOU A COMPLETE DISC AND NOT A VANILLA ONE!!! The complete disc has no reference to it being complete. There is a gold trim on the disc and that's it. You can also compare numbers at the bottom of the disc. The vanilla has "MDIR3XUS00" while the complete has "MDIR3X3US70".

I know this isn't a specific deal per se and some people won't like it posted as a deal, but I think it's worth pointing out that by combining some of these deals you can get $35 worth of DLC which hasn't gone on sale yet and may never and $17.60 BB credit by spending $13.49 at GS.

Also, this is just a great deal for Dirt 3 and all of the dlc even if you don't own the vanilla copy. $13.50 for an amazing $30 game and $35 amount of DLC is hard to beat if you can score a copy with an intact online pass like from a new to used conversion.

Edited by jdawgg76, 17 June 2012 - 03:23 AM.
clerical error

Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#2 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

It's almost too easy...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hardest part is finding a used copy. Hopefully, the new to used conversion is legit and that will help out. Otherwise, people have a few weeks to locate one and hope the TIV at BB holds.

#4 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Crap. I haven't even opened my vanilla copy from last year.

#5 chazman14

chazman14

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:35 AM

This is all assuming that you have 2000 pts for Gamestop.

#6 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

It's almost too easy...

:rofl:

Don't forget, you have to be standing on one leg THE WHOLE TIME for this deal to work.

#7 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

Quality post for those who want to go through all the hassle to take advantage of this opportunity.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#8 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

DAMMIT. Gamestop gave me the vanilla version.

#9 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the informative post but I have a question:

I had the vanilla and traded it long ago but I used the online pass on psn so am I right to assume that I don't need the multiplayer pass from the complete edition as well? And is all of the additional dlc (cars, tracks, whatever) on disc for ps3? Like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition?

#10 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the informative post but I have a question:

I had the vanilla and traded it long ago but I used the online pass on psn so am I right to assume that I don't need the multiplayer pass from the complete edition as well? And is all of the additional dlc (cars, tracks, whatever) on disc for ps3? Like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition?

First, you don't need a new online pass. Your previous one will work fine. I am technically still using my vanilla pass and the one in my complete was already used.

Second, I meant to point this out because I thought the DLC installed off the disc and found that not to be true. In actuality, the DLC is simply integrated into the game and does not require/cannot be installed. This is the Xbox version, I do not know how the PS3 version is handled.
Posted Image
Now playing:

#11 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

First, you don't need a new online pass. Your previous one will work fine. I am technically still using my vanilla pass and the one in my complete was already used.

Second, I meant to point this out because I thought the DLC installed off the disc and found that not to be true. In actuality, the DLC is simply integrated into the game and does not require/cannot be installed. This is the Xbox version, I do not know how the PS3 version is handled.

Thanks, the ps3 version is probably handled the same way. I should be good to go.

#12 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hmm, the ticker for me is tracking down a complete that's Used AND the Complete Edition AND the online pass since I have no regular copy... Might be worth a shot thanks OP
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#13 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

:rofl:

Don't forget, you have to be standing on one leg THE WHOLE TIME for this deal to work.

Buy the new version with a coupon from a popular thread, then trade in your old copy at another store, also detailed in a popular thread. I don't understand how this is so complicated for you. . .
Posted Image
Now playing:

#14 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Minor correction...it would be $13.49 at GS, since the 10% is taken off the price after the coupon.

#15 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Buy the new version with a coupon from a popular thread, then trade in your old copy at another store, also detailed in a popular thread. I don't understand how this is so complicated for you. . .

Whyd u have to use so many words in the OP? :lol:

#16 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Just a heads up to anyone that tries this, there seems to be a packaging error on Codemasters' end. I just went in and bought a new copy of the game at Gamestop, opened it right in front of them, and found it to be the regular game disc. We booted it up on a PS3 they had and it still had cars that should be on the disc locked (not the stuff that comes with the online pass).

I'd suggest anyone trying to track this down err on the side of caution. It is a pain to find this blasted game!

E: This is after I had the same disc problems last night with a used copy. The disc you want should look like what is in this YouTube video:

#17 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

So DiRT 3 complete has all content on disc? Good to know.

#18 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just a heads up to anyone that tries this, there seems to be a packaging error on Codemasters' end. I just went in and bought a new copy of the game at Gamestop, opened it right in front of them, and found it to be the regular game disc. We booted it up on a PS3 they had and it still had cars that should be on the disc locked (not the stuff that comes with the online pass).

I'd suggest anyone trying to track this down err on the side of caution. It is a pain to find this blasted game!

E: This is after I had the same disc problems last night with a used copy.

is this an issue with xbox 360 versions as well?

#19 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

So DiRT 3 complete has all content on disc? Good to know.

The 360 version definitely does, as I just opened mine last night. Pretty nice the way they did it actually. No downloads or updates whatsoever.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#20 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

is this an issue with xbox 360 versions as well?

To be honest I'm not sure, I haven't been trying to get that version. I did notice while one of the employees was digging through the discs that there were two versions for the 360 though (the regular disc and the gold one). So I'd assume so. Could have been that they just had Dirt 3 and Dirt 3 Complete back-to-back though.

Be sure to also make sure the employee double checks, especially if you get a used copy. They said when someone trades it in they count as the same thing in their system. Some may be just that someone traded in the Complete Edition box with the regular disc thinking they would get more in trade in value.

#21 fitzcain

fitzcain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

this gets the fabled fizbin award! must be facing south, must be wearing a blue shirt, just eaten a turkey sandwich, etc.
"How about a slice of your righteous combat pie?" (The Tick upon first meeting Arthur)

#22 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, I bought Dirt Complete for $24.99 with $10 off coupon...long story short I thought the disk was regualar disk bc there was no mention of complete on it so I thought the clerk gave me a vanilla disk. But lo and behold the xtra cars were in fact in the game. Codies should have put complete on the disk to minimize confusion. In that same thought, someone should check to see if the artwork is just different on the complete disk vs. the vanilla disk.

final note:

I've bought several games with the 2000 PURS points coupon, which stacks with 20% off for PUR members (when u buy 3 used). In one instance, I bought the show (with 2 other used games on the side) for $38 - $10 coupon = $28 - 20% = $22.40 + 8.75% tax.

However, when I went to a different store and bought Dirt 3 complete (with 2 other used games on the side) it rang up as $25 - 10% = $22.50 - $10 coupon = 12.50 - 10% = $11.25 + 8.75% tax. I don't know why the cpu didn't give me the extra 10% off on the front end like it did for the Show. 10% off $25 is better than $10% off 12.50.

#23 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, I bought Dirt Complete for $24.99 with $10 off coupon...long story short I thought the disk was regualar disk bc there was no mention of complete on it so I thought the clerk gave me a vanilla disk. But lo and behold the xtra cars were in fact in the game. Codies should have put complete on the disk to minimize confusion. In that same thought, someone should check to see if the artwork is just different on the complete disk vs. the vanilla disk.

final note:

I've bought several games with the 2000 PURS points coupon, which stacks with 20% off for PUR members (when u buy 3 used). In one instance, I bought the show (with 2 other used games on the side) for $38 - $10 coupon = $28 - 20% = $22.40 + 8.75% tax.

However, when I went to a different store and bought Dirt 3 complete (with 2 other used games on the side) it rang up as $25 - 10% = $22.50 - $10 coupon = 12.50 - 10% = $11.25 + 8.75% tax. I don't know why the cpu didn't give me the extra 10% off on the front end like it did for the Show. 10% off $25 is better than $10% off 12.50.

Thought I got the vanilla version as well but when I went to check the DLC cars and tracks, they were all accessible. My copy does NOT have the gold trim.

#24 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Thought I got the vanilla version as well but when I went to check the DLC cars and tracks, they were all accessible. My copy does NOT have the gold trim.

Huh...that's strange. Guess one of those may have worked.

As I said, though, we booted on up in the store and things were locked. I wonder why Codemasters put out two types of discs in the first place?

#25 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Huh...that's strange. Guess one of those may have worked.

As I said, though, we booted on up in the store and things were locked. I wonder why Codemasters put out two types of discs in the first place?

Everything is not unlocked in the complete version, just several add-on packs (i.e power and glory, mud, colin foundation car). There are other items still locked per the VIP pass and other items that require gameplay progression to unlock.

#26 pandanaut

pandanaut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Everything is not unlocked in the complete version, just several add-on packs (i.e power and glory, mud, colin foundation car). There are other items still locked per the VIP pass and other items that require gameplay progression to unlock.

Oh I know, I pulled up some stuff with the sales associates on our phones to see what was unlocked without the pass and what not.

It would make sense to me if they decided to use the regular disc art to cut costs, I just wonder if the partially gold disc is rare or something.

E: I'm still scratching my head over it. I watched the video and noticed it was the European version, but again I saw a gold disc version for the 360 at my local Gamestop. So I know it is available in the U.S. too...

Maybe it was just a first print run or something?

#27 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Not a single GS in town (well, there's ONE left I haven't called) has the gold trimmed disk for PS3. I don't *think* the disk I have is the CE, but if someone can tell me something to look at in the menu that will 100% prove if it is or not, I'd appreciate it.
Posted Image

#28 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Look for these cars and tracks.

http://www.gameinfor...oming-soon.aspx

#29 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

I know what's supposed to be there, I'm asking where exactly can I go in the menus to verify? Where should this stuff be?
Posted Image

#30 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

i've heard the complete edition disc referred to as "gold-rimmed" "gold disc" and "partially gold"
here is a pic of my xbox 360 complete edition disc from best buy

Posted Image