Motorstorm: Apocalypse 24.96 @ amazon

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

I know the msrp for this game is dropping to 19.99 pretty soon but If you have some spare Amazon credit laying around this is a solid pickup at this price :)

http://www.amazon.co...40264755&sr=8-1
Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#2 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

This is rumered to be on ps+ soon, correct?

#3 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

wish bb would dotd it for 5 bucks again. sold my copy and have regretted it ever since.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#4 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

wish bb would dotd it for 5 bucks again. sold my copy and have regretted it ever since.

I brought it for 5$ as well but i flipped it towards my vita. I too regret it as im collecting all of the motorstorm games for my ps3 exclusives collection

Edited by strait edge follower, 21 June 2012 - 08:39 AM.

Currently playing
:ps4: strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

690739.png

#5 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

this is quite possibly the floatiest racing game ever. what am i missing that makes the rest of you enjoy it so much?

#6 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

my favorite racing series ever.
Posted Image

#7 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

this is quite possibly the floatiest racing game ever. what am i missing that makes the rest of you enjoy it so much?

You're not missing anything, it's a horrible racer. I very much enjoyed the first Motorstorm and thought Pacific Rift was one of the best racers ever, at least on PS3.

Apocalypse not only feels like a chore to drive, but the CONSTANT crap coming down in front of you and throwing the track around just completely kills the ability to actually race.

I wasn't a fan of Split/Second (I actually found it pretty boring compared to Blur, which is awesome), but Motorstorm Apocalypse makes Split/Second look like Forza or GT5.

I got 2 copies from Best Buy for $5 each and promptly turned them around to Gamestop for a great profit when that sale was going on...and I haven't regretted it since.

If you need to play Motorstorm in 3D, download the 3D Rift tracks, they're great.

#8 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I guess you've never played the Wipeout games. The handling in Apocalypse is actually much tighter than in the previous 2 Motorstorm games. Jumping is also less floaty in Apocalypse than in the other two. Apocalypse actually reminds me more of a Burnout game. Not sure I follow what you mean.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#9 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'd pay the extra 23 cents to get it from Amazon.

#10 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

my favorite racing series ever.

Agreed, i just love the rush of energy this series gives me when i play it !
Currently playing

690739.png

#11 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

This is rumered to be on ps+ soon, correct?

It's a PS+ game in Europe. I'd be surprised if it didn't eventually end up free for North America too.

#12 maxrenderer

maxrenderer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

I'm not sure; maybe because it's Motorstorm. I sold mine 2 days after launch because I didn't think it was as polished as Pacific Rift. Also, there were a couple of races where the AI was very rubber bandy. I remember one race I did a dozen times and no matter how long I stayed in first, the same car would always pass me at the last stretch and take first. That's what made me sell it.

On the other hand, I miss it like others do. And, now that I have a Driving Force GT, I want to try it out again. $15 is my new price point on this though. I've been watching for a while and it's taking a long time to drop.

#13 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Just wait for the MSRP drop on this turd.

#14 S1LENT K1ILLA

S1LENT K1ILLA

TheChineseKilla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

It's already $19.99 on newegg.com it's been like that for about 2 weeks

#15 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

According to a thread someone posted the other day, 19.99 is the new MSRP

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=323397

#16 Foxconn Worker

Foxconn Worker

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

i love this game! got it 4 5 bucks still trying to finish maddogs story very hard

#17 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Summed it up PERFECTLY. I agree 100%.

You're not missing anything, it's a horrible racer. I very much enjoyed the first Motorstorm and thought Pacific Rift was one of the best racers ever, at least on PS3.

Apocalypse not only feels like a chore to drive, but the CONSTANT crap coming down in front of you and throwing the track around just completely kills the ability to actually race.

I wasn't a fan of Split/Second (I actually found it pretty boring compared to Blur, which is awesome), but Motorstorm Apocalypse makes Split/Second look like Forza or GT5.

I got 2 copies from Best Buy for $5 each and promptly turned them around to Gamestop for a great profit when that sale was going on...and I haven't regretted it since.

If you need to play Motorstorm in 3D, download the 3D Rift tracks, they're great.