Elderly "bus monitor" harassed by children to the point of tears

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 KCS13

KCS13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I didn't see this posted anywhere else yet. It's been making its rounds on the Internet. http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

Also someone over on Reddit decided she needed a vacation and started a donation page with a goal of $5,000. Currently its up to almost $210,000 and counting. The page will be up until July 20, for any of those that wish to donate. Hopefully she can retire with whatever is given to her, although I would guess she will probably donate it. Amazing how cruel the kids were to her in the video that was taken, although apparently over on 4chan their names, numbers and addresses were found. I'm sure they are probably getting a dose of their own medicine now. Kind of amazing though how many people have rallied to support her. Slight amount of faith in humanity restored, despite the horrible children.

Donation page: http://www.indiegogo...c=home&a=726727

#2 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Why am I not surprised this happened in upstate NY? Grew up around there, the whole place is going straight to shit lol

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#3 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Their parents must be so proud.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Lol, the kids will face disciplinary action. My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

I've heard about this, and based on the comments I've heard about it, I never want to see it. I hope the kids face disciplinary action.

My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder.

Same.

The power of Reddit is quite amazing. They started a drive to send her on a nice vacation. The goal was $5,000. The drive is now up to.. well, a lot more than that.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm sure at least one or two quack parents will try and defend their kids and put them blame on everyone BUT their child.

#7 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

I'm sure at least one or two quack parents will try and defend their kids and put them blame on everyone BUT their child.

It's the bus monitor's fault for offending their precious children. She was the one who caused them to act out.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

That woman has the patience of a saint. If I were her, they would have had to change the name from "school bus" to "meat wagon." It would have been a massacre.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#9 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Some boys demanded to know her address, saying they want to come to her house to perform sexual acts and steal from her. Another says, "you're so fat."
One comment from a boy aboard the bus is especially painful. He tells her that she does not have family because "they all killed themselves because they didn't want to be near you."
-----------------------------------------------------

Really, that's the best these punks can come up with. This also stuck out to me as being pretty sad.
--------------------------------------------------

"Let's give Karen a vacation of a lifetime. Let's show her the power of the internets and how kind and generous people can be," the fundraiser's organizer, identified as Max S., said on the indiegogo.com website. He notes that she earns about $15,000 a year as a bus monitor.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#10 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Lol, the kids will face disciplinary action. My parents would've beat my ass so hard if I pulled that shit, I'd have to tell people I fell down the meat grinder.

Same for me. But even worse, I'd feel like shit to this day for doing something like that. How can kids not have ANY conscious whatsoever?

#11 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Longer and different videos.

#12 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Dude, videotaping this crime spree is the best idea we've ever had!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#13 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Fat and fat ass was said over and over... I wonder how much of that is influenced by today's out of touch and disgusting politicians and elitists in the media and elsewhere.
I guess every administration and gen has to have a war on something. Gotta love the "WAR ON FAT PEOPLE". I have seen countless commercials that are basically showing fat people and saying how gross it is and pretty skinny people are the way to be or you suck. One local one last night showed two pretty people on the beach and then morphed them into fat "ugly" people and then it went back to... basically..or is this better and morphed back to the rail thin models the pretty people. Another was along the lines of imagine our stadium filled with fat kids not a pretty image type of commercial. The list goes on and on.

War on ugly fat people culture gotta love it :roll:.

#14 ppself

ppself

Not a girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

-----------------------------------------------------

Really, that's the best these punks can come up with. This also stuck out to me as being pretty sad.
--------------------------------------------------

"Let's give Karen a vacation of a lifetime. Let's show her the power of the internets and how kind and generous people can be," the fundraiser's organizer, identified as Max S., said on the indiegogo.com website. He notes that she earns about $15,000 a year as a bus monitor.

I don't think it is sad that she makes 15k a year watching a bus full of kids. It's a easy job, or suppose to be. Which 15k is pretty good pay.

I think it is sad that she is required to work at all. At this age, she should be relaxing at home with family and enjoying her retirement.

#15 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Fat and fat ass was said over and over... I wonder how much of that is influenced by today's out of touch and disgusting politicians and elitists in the media and elsewhere.
I guess every administration and gen has to have a war on something. Gotta love the "WAR ON FAT PEOPLE". I have seen countless commercials that are basically showing fat people and saying how gross it is and pretty skinny people are the way to be or you suck. One local one last night showed two pretty people on the beach and then morphed them into fat "ugly" people and then it went back to... basically..or is this better and morphed back to the rail thin models the pretty people. Another was along the lines of imagine our stadium filled with fat kids not a pretty image type of commercial. The list goes on and on.

War on ugly fat people culture gotta love it :roll:.

I don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

i don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.

+1

Ees7Y.jpg

#17 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Man, these kids. If I had acted out this poorly as a kid, I'm sure the living hell my father would have put me through would have been intense.

#18 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I don't think making fun of people who are fat is a recent phenomenon, nor does it have anything to do with politicians or elitists.

I agree to a certain extent. But anyway that influence subject I will reserve further comment for another time and place.

I just heard that the woman's son committed suicide like ten tears ago and many of the ugly comments were about suicide. Sad stuff.

Edited by Pliskin101, 21 June 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#19 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

I watched this earlier, the total lack of empathy in those kids is disturbing. If something isn't done I have no doubt they'll grow up to be psychopaths.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#20 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Today's kids....

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#21 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Dumb kids even filmed themselves... even have all their names written out on the description:

Idiots.

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#22 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

If that was my grandma, she would have slapped the shit out of all of them.

#23 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

when they started poking her it looks like she was about to get up and start pounding away on them..
WOOOO I STINK

#24 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

someone should.

the problem here is that if she wouldve touched them, their idiot parents wouldve sued the shit out of the school district.

When the revolution comes, the first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Ees7Y.jpg

#25 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

I doubt the "punishment" that these kids will likely receive will be anywhere near adequate.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#26 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

lol i don't understand why she is getting money, i'm sure little kids have made fun of me before, gemme 200k. more sensationalist bullshit i guess

#27 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Dumb kids even filmed themselves... even have all their names written out on the description

Idiots.

IIRC the gents at 4chan dug up all their info and posted them soon after the video was discovered.

That being said, my grandmother woulda beat the stupid out of those brats.

#28 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I like how during this report, at the bottom where other news is shown it talks about 66 people being killed in Syria.

Sort of puts things into perspective. I feel bad for the woman sure, but it's being made out to be a bigger deal than it is.

Woman being made fun of by kids > People dying.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#29 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

most kids dont seem to have souls these days. its sick shit hell growing up i was what youd label a thug but even i would never have dreamed of saying shit like that to an adult. you never talk back to adults and if you did you knew what was waiting for you when you got home. and considering my folks were divorced i had seconds waiting for me over the weekend.

they just dont give a shit about shit and their lazy parents are just as bad. i doubt many of those kids parents will do anything to their kids and i dont see the school doing much about it either.

#30 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Up to $330K now. The Internet rules.