- - - - -

The American (BD+DC) $8 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

The American

Really dug this movie for some reason; like a film noir Bourne Identity. $7 is the cheapest it has ever been and just recently dropped again $2, but I'm not sure if this will go lower soon. Worth the risk since it's backordered for 9-12 days. At any rate, might be worth a blind buy for fans of this movie style.

Posted Image

FYI:

The DC expired last year on 5/31/11. Change your title to reflect that it is just for the BR. I really enjoyed this film and almost purchased it, until I saw that the DC had expired.

Not every DC doesn't work when the expiration date has passed. I know I've redeemed more than a few of them past their expiration date.

Edited by Jodou, 22 June 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#2 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

The DC expired last year on 5/31/11. Change your title to reflect that it is just for the BR. I really enjoyed this film and almost purchased it, until I saw that the DC had expired.

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

That's silly. You buy a film on blu ray for the purpose of watching it in a home environment.. while the digital copy is a nice perk, the inability to watch it on the go should not hold you back from buying it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

I liked this movie personally, but my gf hated it. It definitely isn't for everyone, it's fairly slow paced and not a lot really happens in it.

#5 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

That's silly. You buy a film on blu ray for the purpose of watching it in a home environment.. while the digital copy is a nice perk, the inability to watch it on the go should not hold you back from buying it.

I think that's up to every individual to decide for themselves.

#6 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not every DC doesn't work when the expiration date has passed. I know I've redeemed more than a few of them past their expiration date.

#7 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

I bought this bluray a while ago during one of Blockbuster's 5 for $20 deals. If it's like a film noir Bourne Identity, I need to watch this thing pronto.

#8 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Price jumped a dollar to $8.

#9 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

The only DC's that I have been able to redeem after they have expired have been Disney films. All the other studios strictly enforce those expiration dates.

While it was a decent film, I don't think it's worth that much especially without the DC. But to each their own.

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

"I onlay buy teh Blurays so I can watch inferior digital copees on mah ipahd"

#11 jazzman

jazzman

Carpe diem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

"I onlay buy teh Blurays so I can watch inferior digital copees on mah ipahd"

LOL, but those inferior copies come in handy when WiFi is too weak for streaming.
BTW, the American isn't worth all the attention we keep giving it, by bumping it back on top. This includes my own post. I shall not post on this topic again, unless I get bored or the responses get more interesting. J/K

#12 Demise_Angel

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Its a good movie when you get to the end. The whole movie builds up to the final 5 minutes. Not the movie of the year, but still cheaper over a movie ticket. Overall it was enjoyable.

#13 derby70

derby70

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Great movie. Loved how the noir was set against the Italian country side. Had been wanting to pick it up on blu ray for a while. Finally did!

#14 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

$7 is the cheapest it has ever been and just recently dropped again $2, but I'm not sure if this will go lower soon.

I picked it up for $2 on blu ray at Blockbuster last month. (never mind that it was going out of business)
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254