CAGcast #287: Stand and Deliver

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

CheapyD stands up for himself, Shipwreck runs out of environment, and Wombat plays a game that rhymes with Mego Catfan Moo.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 1 hour 24 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This episode sponsored by Stack Soap!
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=27687

Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Girl Talk - Feed the Animals

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 22 June 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#2 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses. Thoughts on the 3DS XL?

#3 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses. Thoughts on the 3DS XL?

Not interested. Maybe if that thing came out first, but there is no way I'm double dipping on a 3DS. That's just crazy talk.

#4 Stewchu

Stewchu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

awesome new Cagcast :D

#5 hectorlaparka

hectorlaparka

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yo dawg, I heard you like soap...

#6 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

OMG that alphabet song outro was sooo cute! HNGGGG!

Great show guys as usual. Cheapy, maybe you should get a desktop microphone stand. Keep us updated on how that desk works out.

#7 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Bestcast
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#8 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

So what does Tai prefer the 3DS or the Vita, or is he not allowed to play with them?

Batsugunner.png

#9 Axersia

Axersia

Hunter of the Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

I like how none of you seem to know the difference between the Three Kingdoms period in China, and the Sengoku period in Japan. "Oh yeah, that Nobunaga game -- is Lu Bu in it?" Americans...

#10 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

OMG that alphabet song outro was sooo cute! HNGGGG!

Great show guys as usual. Cheapy, maybe you should get a desktop microphone stand. Keep us updated on how that desk works out.

I have a desktop mic stand, but I had the arm extended too far and it kept sinking. I think I have it properly set for next time.

After standing from 9:30am-3:30pm (with a break for lunch & to pick up Tai) I was pretty exhausted. Felt really good working while standing though.

One thing I forgot to mention about Indie Game: The Movie; Jonathan Blow uses a standing desk.

Edited by CheapyD, 22 June 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#11 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

This month in Bullshit Quarterly, The Circulatory Benefits of the Standing Desk* by world renowned researcher and author Dr. Vinnie Boombotz. Followed by The Life and Times of Brittney Hendricks, in which our esteemed editor, Wombat, details his week at E3 with the highest paid booth babe in the industry, with a special focus on how she plans on spending the $20,000 she earned at the conference.

For our online subscribers, witness Wombat's driving acumen in his hands on video review of the Lamborghini Gallardo.

*Commissioned by the SDMRC (Standing Desk Manufacturers and Retailers Coalition)

Edited by willc23, 22 June 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Stack Soap FTW

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#13 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

FYI, Nobunaga was a Japanese warlord. Lu Bu was Chinese general/warlord and Romance of the Three Kingdoms was in China. Cao Cao was the fat guy Wombat mentioned. Koei has succeeded in confusing everyone.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#14 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Cheapy, are you going to stand while you game in the living room, or just when taking care of bidness?

And Wombat, you do have a following. Have you forgotten about the WLA?

#15 kaze1o1

kaze1o1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

With kinect not really working well and further showing motion controls don't really work well yet do you think this new device will catch on.

Its called Leap Motion, is way cheaper, smaller and looks to work much better than Kinect.

http://leapmotion.com/

#16 kaze1o1

kaze1o1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Forgot to say great show as usual.

#17 theblizzman

theblizzman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Loved the part where Ship reviewed the PC boat sim game. Awesome Pod!

#18 dsheinem

dsheinem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Cheapy I figured you'd get a squat toilet before a standing desk - especially given some of the past discussions on the show. It is more "natural" and "healthier" apparently (http://www.omg-facts...iew/Facts/30231) and they seem to be all the rage in Japan, according to Wikipedia at least (http://en.wikipedia....an#Squat_toilet).

#19 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. And by bad I mean fucking awful.
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#20 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Stack Soap is everywhere...

#21 drew327

drew327

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

I think the Blizzard thing is ridiculous, but here is my theory as to what it is combatting (as Wombat was up in arms with Cheapy's explanation). I have had people message me in game to sell me gold and they had account names like 'fgggdfdfd'. I'm guessing as they get banned, they are constantly making new accounts and this way it takes them 3 days to be able to do their nonsense

#22 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Ship should do a video review of that boat game.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#23 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

It is amazing how much Lollipop Chainsaw feels like Shadow of the Damned, despite it being so different. I prefer Lollipop, though. I didn't like the characters in Shadow.

As for the continuing at checkpoints, if you go back to the map screen and then back into the stage, it will make you start over, but backing out to the main menu (where "Cherry Bomb" plays) will let you continue from the checkpoint. Protip: This will also let you keep your stage score high... if you die, choose to quit and back out to main menu. When you rejoin your game, it will not count as using a continue.

#24 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

I need to see Indie Game the Movie.
Cheapy, do you think you will ever go back to play Fez? I just finished a couple weeks ago, and I have to say, it is probably up there for my game of the year. It is fantastic. I can see how it isn't for everyone. It had some puzzles that were hands down some of the hardest I have ever encountered.

#25 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ship should do a video review of that boat game.

With the green screen too.

#26 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

AC 3 just got delayed for PC.

http://www.eurogamer...ed-3-pc-delayed

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#27 penfold.01

penfold.01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think the Blizzard thing is ridiculous, but here is my theory as to what it is combatting (as Wombat was up in arms with Cheapy's explanation). I have had people message me in game to sell me gold and they had account names like 'fgggdfdfd'. I'm guessing as they get banned, they are constantly making new accounts and this way it takes them 3 days to be able to do their nonsense

I think the main reason for this is to combat credit card fraud when purchasing digitally, so you are limited while the transaction clears. Basically, rather than stealing active accounts a nefarious ne'er-do-well may opt to instead obtain stolen credit card info and use this to purchase valid copies digitally. A day of power-leveling later and this person can be up and running gold farming or otherwise generally screwing up the economy. Upon discovery of this fraud by the cardholder the transaction would be disputed and cancelled leaving blizzard with no sale and an economy worse off.

They've since acknowledged that the level cap restriction was an unintended bug and a fix is incoming. The main intended restrictions are against using the auction house and gold/item trading.

D3 Forum Source

#28 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

Wombat...thank you. I dont recall you ever doing so, so thanks for not boring us to tears with lame simulation games. Cheapy had that damn Japanese train one, now Ship has boats. Please dont play a plane simulator any time soon...

#29 OCDBuzz311

OCDBuzz311

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

I think the main reason for this is to combat credit card fraud when purchasing digitally, so you are limited while the transaction clears. Basically, rather than stealing active accounts a nefarious ne'er-do-well may opt to instead obtain stolen credit card info and use this to purchase valid copies digitally. A day of power-leveling later and this person can be up and running gold farming or otherwise generally screwing up the economy. Upon discovery of this fraud by the cardholder the transaction would be disputed and cancelled leaving blizzard with no sale and an economy worse off.

They've since acknowledged that the level cap restriction was an unintended bug and a fix is incoming. The main intended restrictions are against using the auction house and gold/item trading.

D3 Forum Source

I see Cheapy's point about not penalizing legitimate customers but in this case Blizzard's actions are very much in the interest of its customers. Besides, anyone who has waitied until almost the end of June to buy Diablo III can wait 72 more hours.

#30 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

not to bust balls, but standing desks are last years rage.