6/25 ONLY Twisted Metal and 6/26 ONLY Starhawk $30 each at GameStop

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Both Starhawk and Twisted Metal (PS3 only) will be on sale at GameStop for $29.99 each for different daily sales.

With Starhawk hitting the $30 price point at some Targets, a sale on these two doesn't seem so far fetched. If you can find a launch copy of Twisted Metal (The store I checked didn't have the limited edition), it comes with a free copy of Twisted Metal Black.

6/25 Twisted Metal http://www.gamestop....ted-metal/78157
6/26 Starhawk http://www.gamestop..../starhawk/91062

Update: Sounds like it's a one day sale according to you guys, so I updated accordingly.

Edited by Byakurai, 24 June 2012 - 07:48 PM.
Updated with more info

#2 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

i want that twisted metal.. too bad i dont have a ps3 :(

Posted Image

#3 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I was told the same thing today when I was there.

#4 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

i want that twisted metal.. too bad i dont have a ps3 :(

What have you been playing then? Lol (sarcasm) While the Xbox 360, and PC have great titles to boot, I've been playing my PS3 a lot. With the announcement of MGS5, I'm totally excited for that one. I don't see the next generation of consoles coming out late next year or the following Spring so you wouldn't have to worry about not getting your money's worth.

I never played a Twisted Metal game until this one, and I loved every second of it. Some of the music is edited though which is weird. :-k It's definitely worth any price you pay for it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#5 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

What have you been playing then? Lol (sarcasm) While the Xbox 360, and PC have great titles to boot, I've been playing my PS3 a lot. With the announcement of MGS5, I'm totally excited for that one. I don't see the next generation of consoles coming out late next year or the following Spring so you wouldn't have to worry about not getting your money's worth.

I never played a Twisted Metal game until this one, and I loved every second of it. Some of the music is edited though which is weird. :-k It's definitely worth any price you pay for it.

Your missing out bud, Twisted Metal Black was probably the greatest TM ever. (Some would say TM2) but TM Black redefined the series, with a darker more gritty world IMO. Too bad that playing it by todays standards you'd probably think "wtf these controls suck!" but the game was great. I played that game when I was 11 and can fondly remember the intro to "Paint it Black". Good stuff.

I liked the new TM just wish they hadn't changed the campaign/story mode so much like they did in this game.

#6 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Will def pm best buy for twisted metal- pisssed I spent 60 on starhawk

#7 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Not sure about Twisted Metal but Starhawk will be $30 for sure

#8 CAGALICIOUS

CAGALICIOUS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

I just saw the Ad and can confirm Twisted Metal will be $29.99 TOMORROW ONLY

$30 OFF
Twisted Metal

Available only on 06/25/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer only valid 6/25/12.

Starhawk will also be $29.99 BUT TUESDAY ONLY!

#9 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

I just saw the Ad and can confirm Twisted Metal will be $29.99 TOMORROW ONLY

$30 OFF
Twisted Metal

Available only on 06/25/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer only valid 6/25/12.

Starhawk will also be $29.99 BUT TUESDAY ONLY!

You see anything about the Playstation 3D Display for $199.99?

#10 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Your missing out bud, Twisted Metal Black was probably the greatest TM ever. (Some would say TM2) but TM Black redefined the series, with a darker more gritty world IMO. Too bad that playing it by todays standards you'd probably think "wtf these controls suck!" but the game was great. I played that game when I was 11 and can fondly remember the intro to "Paint it Black". Good stuff.

I liked the new TM just wish they hadn't changed the campaign/story mode so much like they did in this game.

Sounds like I did miss out then. I wasn't really into racing games back then so that's why I didn't play them. I was into action games and RPG's like Final Fantasy.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#11 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

I miss Twisted Metal and like Warhawk, so it looks like I'm going to GS today, tommorow and the next day. Thanks OP!

#12 CAGALICIOUS

CAGALICIOUS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

You see anything about the Playstation 3D Display for $199.99?

ONLY $199
Sony Playstation 3D Display

06/27/12 - 07/31/12.

Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offers valid on select consoles. Subject to availability by location. Price subject to change without notice. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 6/27/12 - 7/31/12.

#13 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Are these games in new or used condition?

#14 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

do gamestop give online pass or codes purchasing these two games used / pre-owned?

#15 mrbomb

mrbomb

A Tasty Classic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

http://www.gamestock...sOfTheWeek.aspx

Confirms the deals
Posted Image

#16 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

do gamestop give online pass or codes purchasing these two games used / pre-owned?

I think it depends - I've heard that they do but I've never got one myself (not sure I've bought used games that use them though).

#17 NLW1999

NLW1999

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

Warhawk comes with an online pass printed on the receipt. Bought it used last Wed and it was included. Time to return/rebuy:D

#18 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

Sorcery for $30 is on 6/27 only.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think it depends - I've heard that they do but I've never got one myself (not sure I've bought used games that use them though).

Only for games published by Warner Brothers or Sony.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#20 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Looks like the Gamestock 2012 thread highlights these deals.

Mods can delete or merge this thread if they want.
Posted Image

#21 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Only for games published by Warner Brothers or Sony.

thanks, then i will wait for it to drop $20 from bestbuy, someday

#22 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for posting this, OP. Managed to pick up a Limited Edition w/ the Twisted Metal Black code!

For those wondering, the code expires February 14th, 2014. So don't worry, the code will still be valid if you pick it up new.

#23 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Are these online only prices?

#24 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Almost glad I managed to get both of these on the RLS site last week otherwise I would be spending 60$ instead of 20 lol

#25 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Looks like I'll be picking up Twisted Metal after work. Is StarHawk worth it, anybody have any experience with this game? I know nothing about it but if it's worth 30 I'll grab it too. Will Best Buy Price match these? Would rather purchase from BB and get the reward zone points!

#26 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

just grabbed twisted metal LE. It was "new," but opened. I hate that they do that. Anyway, it looked good and had the online pass, TM Black code and a skin code for Starhawk (that I am going to pick up tomorrow).

#27 Cbarnes86

Cbarnes86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Too bad I paid 40 for Star Hawk Thursday... oh well. I'm definitely picking up Twisted Metal though. I've been needing some PS3 exclusives to get some play time out of my system.

Update: Fuuuuuuuuuu...... it is currently unavailable online. Closest Gamestop to my house is like 35 miles away... not worth the drive to pick it up for 30.

#28 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

just grabbed twisted metal LE. It was "new," but opened. I hate that they do that. Anyway, it looked good and had the online pass, TM Black code and a skin code for Starhawk (that I am going to pick up tomorrow).

I got a gutted "new" copy as well. They could have at least kept the codes in the case. Im going to Exchange it for a sealed copy If i can find one.
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#29 Cbarnes86

Cbarnes86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

How does Amazon's price match work? Doesn't a bunch of people have to report the lower price? Can we get a flood of lower price submissions so people like me can order from there?

#30 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

How does Amazon's price match work? Doesn't a bunch of people have to report the lower price? Can we get a flood of lower price submissions so people like me can order from there?

Not gonna work for a 1-day sale like this.