NCAA Football 12 $9.99 PS3/Xbox 360 Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 tsa4lyfe

tsa4lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Like the title says. Don't know how long it will last. Available for In-store Pickup. Only PS3 available for shipping

PS3

Xbox 360

#2 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

people still play sport titles?

#3 Reck_Havoc

Reck_Havoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

people still play sport titles?

Umm.. yes to your asinine question? And they still sell TONS of copies.

Though I did ask the same question about JRPG's the other day.

#4 colton1106

colton1106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for posting OP. I have NCAA 13 pre-ordered for $45 at Amazon so now I have to decide if the new rosters/features are worth the cost.

#5 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

shipping and tax kill it
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#6 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Online dynasty with friends makes this the most addicting online game I have ever played. We have probably played a hundred seasons or more, since they first introduced online dynasty a few years ago. Love it.

#7 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

Umm.. yes to your asinine question?

Haha.

#8 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Does anyone know off-hand what the difference between NCAA '12 and '13 will be? If there really isn't any major differences, I'll pick up '12 instead of throwing down $45 for basically the same game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

#9 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Does anyone know off-hand what the difference between NCAA '12 and '13 will be? If there really isn't any major differences, I'll pick up '12 instead of throwing down $45 for basically the same game. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Honestly I played the NCAA '13 demo and wasn't impressed with any of the 'changes' made, if any. I usually bounce back and forth between Madden and NCAA every other year to at least make it feel a little fresh. I liked NCAA '12 better than Madden '12 though.

#10 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

It seems like Madden 13 is supposed to be the superior product. However, with the Best Buy deal on NCAA 13 with the $10 Pre-ORder and pick, plus a $20 Pre-Order bonus, I will get both Madden/NCAA 13 this year.

#11 Taren Fox

Taren Fox

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Considering they don't have player names in the game, just some of the players jersey numbers will be different. That's about it. The box art looks different too.

#12 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hmmm still have 09 and 11 sitting around. Can get $4 for 11 and $1 for 9, upgrade to 12 for $5 plus tax.

#13 angel001

angel001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

great deal for 2012 really... is it worth $35 more for 13? no
You've Just Entered the NO-FLY ZONE!
http://www.fggsgsf.com/f/images/air

#14 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Umm.. yes to your asinine question? And they still sell TONS of copies.

Though I did ask the same question about JRPG's the other day.

Glass houses. Stones.

#15 Sizemore44

Sizemore44

Old School Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

They changed a lot of the passing mechanics in 13. You can now supposedly throw more than just the lob and bullet pass. They did more under the hood changes to things like recruiting, online playability and also added some new heisman mode. I traded in 12 after a week or two, it was fun but it froze on me after I played an epic hour long game. I still have 11 and play it quite a bit and didn't notice a big change from 11 to 12.

#16 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

No Joe Pa/Sandusky in 13
Deal breaker
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#17 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

On front page of slickdeals, get it now if you want it.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#18 ritchardf

ritchardf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Is this going to be in store?

#19 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Picked up 2. One for me and another for a buddy at work for his son.

#20 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

If your school is in the Big 12, SEC, or Big East, the updates to the schools in the conference.

#21 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

This thing have flip value at GS? That's all it's good for. No go at BB.

Not sure if trolling.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#22 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Bought a copy. Thanks OP.
----
Posted Image

#23 ritchardf

ritchardf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

If your school is in the Big 12, SEC, or Big East, the updates to the schools in the conference.

You can do this manually in 12.

#24 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Meh I just realized this is last years version, totally thought it was this years.

Can you cancel an instore pickup order ?

Or do they charge you a restocking fee or something ?

I mean for 10$ maybe ill get it anyway

#25 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Online dynasty with friends makes this the most addicting online game I have ever played. We have probably played a hundred seasons or more, since they first introduced online dynasty a few years ago. Love it.

I second the love of online dynasty. Whoever rated this thread 1 star is being a grade A d-word.

#26 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Just got notification that they couldn't find my copies for in-store pickup...... great...

Probably the hoarding soccer moms from SD....

Edited by Monoxide1986, 27 June 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#27 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I second the love of online dynasty. Whoever rated this thread 1 star is being a grade A d-word.

How soon does EA shut down servers? I thought they did it pretty fast. Means online dynasty isn't really a selling point, unless something has changed since I last played NBA Live.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#28 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

How soon does EA shut down servers? I thought they did it pretty fast. Means online dynasty isn't really a selling point, unless something has changed since I last played NBA Live.

After '12 came out, I went back to try to play '10 but found out the servers were taken down. This was probably 10-11 months ago? So if that's any indication, the '12 version might be good for at least another year.

But '11 was when EA first implemented the Online Pass and since that is supposed to help keep servers up longer, maybe '12 servers will be up longer. But look at MMA and see that EA just wants your money without keeping up any servers.

I too have played many many seasons of OD in the last few years, and I will agree that the Online Dynasty is the best part, especially if you have friends to play it with. I bought this game at release for $60 and it was had a ton of bugs in it. The first weekend saw a glitch that prevented any OD from advancing to the coaching carousel (one of the new additions and a selling point for this year), and they released patches 1 month too late and those patches added more problems to the ones they supposably fixed. Probably only 2 months after release saw the end of any fixes, and we've been saddled with the game as-is since then. I am sure they will try to put those new fixes in the '13 version and hype it up to be "NEW AND IMPROVED" but I really feel that we should have been entitled to a playable game from Day 1 instead of being made as beta testers.

I regretted buying this Day 1, but for $10 it might actually be a good buy

#29 Steve77

Steve77

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

great deal on a great game, thanks op!

#30 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Meh I just realized this is last years version, totally thought it was this years.

Can you cancel an instore pickup order ?

Or do they charge you a restocking fee or something ?

I mean for 10$ maybe ill get it anyway

If you aren't a release day football gamer then I doubt you would notice the difference. The people who say "lol just roster updates" are absolutely wrong. However, the differences from year to year are for the "hardcore" players and someone who just plays casually are not going to notice differences like being able to anticipate route breaks and corners who have their heads turned. All in all I think you would be happy with 2012 version.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen