• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://www.amazon.co...D8B6RWV9G8GXZAN
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the contribution, OP; but Vita owners beware: this game isn't worth more than $5--if u spend more, I guarantee you'll be disappointed.

#3 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

I bet it'll be one of the first full game offerings for PS+ Vita content..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#4 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Is this game really as bad as everyone says it is?

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#5 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Initially this game looked awesome. Reviewers seem to think otherwise though...

#6 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

This is the Vita game I've been most "on the fence" about. I heard its a rts so that intrigued me as id like to have a rts on my vita, but just about everyone says its garbage which makes me hold off. Hopefully this does become a free ps plus game at some point cause I don't feel like wasting the $20 on this

#7 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

I don't think so. I got a good 60 hours out of it and had fun. That's all I ask for out of a game.

#8 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

What makes it a "bad game" are the price point and the distribution method--had this come out as a $10 PSN title, it would've reviewed favorably; but as a $40 retail title, um, it's a huge fail. Even $20 is a bit steep.

#9 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I got our sites review copy and actually quite liked it. While the story is pretty much an excuse for more stages, there isn't much anyway. Sadly there are also a very small pool of enemies, but the game becomes quite tactical later on. A lot of this is due to armor requirements, speed of attacks, how you're playing, etc. If you actually enjoy the game, it should take around 16 hours to beat it and 50+ to platinum it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#10 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

I played through this and didn't think it was that bad. I got it for about $25 around the Vita launch, which I think its worth that at least.

#11 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Definitely worth it at this price point.
It's a strategy game, almost Pikmin like but not nearly as creative.

#12 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

I bet it'll be one of the first full game offerings for PS+ Vita content..

I hope, we are due some Vita PS+ love. Game gets very mixed reviews and impressions, seems like the initial levels are a lot of fun, but the gameplay mechanic wears thin later in the game.

#13 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Any chance BB would price match on this? Read the Destructiod and IGN reviews and it looks good for $20, but I'd like to play it this weekend.

#14 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

$20 was my original price point for this, but i keep reading bad reviews, so i think $15 or less is now my new price point.

sixteenvolt420.png

#15 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm in at $15. Which, I hope, is about the same time I finish Uncharted and Escape Plan.

KneeKnee.png

#16 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

Got it at best buy on a price match. Looks like they are getting better matching amazon. Looks like a fun time until the repetition sets in.

#17 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Can someone please give a reason for it either being a game worth buying or not!http://www.streymaad.co.cc/PSVITA/

Reason to buy: You have $20 and are looking for a new vita game to play
Reason not to buy: You don't have $20 or don't want to play this game 8-)

#18 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

You guys expecting Vita goodies from PS+ are just asking to be disappointed. I'm not saying it won't ever happen (and it would be sweet if it did), but I wouldn't count on it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#19 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

You guys expecting Vita goodies from PS+ are just asking to be disappointed. I'm not saying it won't ever happen (and it would be sweet if it did), but I wouldn't count on it.

What is odd is prior to E3 they posted on the blog that PS+ was expanding to vita as part of the redesign and frankly it's the main reason I signed up. Additionally Sony Europe has already starting offering discounted prices for plus members as part of the current sale they are running. So it should be coming I just hope it does before my 3 months are up. I don't think there have been free games yet.

#20 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

What is odd is prior to E3 they posted on the blog that PS+ was expanding to vita as part of the redesign and frankly it's the main reason I signed up. Additionally Sony Europe has already starting offering discounted prices for plus members as part of the current sale they are running. So it should be coming I just hope it does before my 3 months are up. I don't think there have been free games yet.

Do you have a link? I remember there were posts on a variety of gaming sites of rumors and or speculation of a separate PS+ membership for Vita owners but they were nothing more than rumors/speculation.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#21 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

Did a quick google search and it does appear eurogamer was reporting the plus to vita stuff based on Sony Europe comments, so maybe it is just a European thing and not coming to US. One can hope though.

#22 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

Did a quick google search and it does appear eurogamer was reporting the plus to vita stuff based on Sony Europe comments, so maybe it is just a European thing and not coming to US. One can hope though.

They've already gotten a bunch of sales, so shows that they're already started on it. Hopefully we start getting something sooner than later. Picked up the Escape Plan DLC for $.25 so a sale on the full game would be excellent. Wouldn't mind some others like Plants vs. Zombies, since thats fairly pricey for what its worth.

#23 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

My problem is I am holding off on buying stuff because I feel a sale should be coming. I bought the escape plan dlc as well, but don't want to get the game until it hits under $10. Also I'd love to see some of the games that are discounted get price matches on psn. I'd rather have hot shots and wipeout digitally, but not when I can get them for $20 at Walmart.

#24 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Played this for a few hours last night and it is a lot of fun. I never played Pikimin, so I cant compare, but the game seems to be a good blend of strategy and action. I can see where it will get repetitive over the 40 or so levels, but through the first six I am really enjoying it. Those on the fence may want to wait for a further price drop, cheaper is always better, but I think at $20, its a good time. YMMV depending on how grading you find the hard rock soundtrack, it fits with the theme, but if you don't like metal you are in for a lot of it.

#25 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

It's been hovering just over the $20 mark for some time but just dropped to $18.40.

#26 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Now at $15.97.
You can turn this into a rental since it trades for $10 at Best Buy and they're currently offering a 100% bonus.

#27 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Now at $15.97.
You can turn this into a rental since it trades for $10 at Best Buy and they're currently offering a 100% bonus.

best buy ends today though dont it
WOOOO I STINK

#28 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

best buy ends today though dont it

It's confirmed to be 100% till at least 9/1. There is also at least one poster confirming with BB employees that it'll last till October.

#29 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

got my copy from hastings for $12 today so will have to see how "bad" it is

#30 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

got my copy from hastings for $12 today so will have to see how "bad" it is

I bought it from hastings as well at that price. Game is bad. Its just so repetitive. First 5 levels and I was already bored. I thought it would get better, but never did, just every platform you battle on is the same, and it repeats for hours. If there was a demo of this game, it wouldn't have sold at all, since you could play the demo over and over and get the same experience.

I would advice all to wait for $10 or less. Not worth much more.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.