Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#1 medman6107

medman6107

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

$116 for me after tax and shipping. Maybe to much for some but I will probably never open this and buy the regular copy

The Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition will include:
- 300+ page hardback physical copy of the Wizard’s Companion, the spellbook Oliver uses throughout his journey in the game. The full-color Wizard’s Companion contains a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game along with in-depth item descriptions, spells and history of the other world.
- The limited-run Wizard’s Edition will also contain a plush doll of Drippy, Oliver’s guide through his adventures,
- as well as exclusive “golden mite” and “golden drongo” DLC familiars.

http://store.namcoba...xclusive.html

#2 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288086
Posted Image

#3 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Drippy.... errr

#4 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Tried preordering it, keep getting a error on the page, will try again in the morning.

#5 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Just some things to note:

They charge you right away when you place the preorder.
You cannot cancel your order once it has been made.

Also, I always associated "fs" with Free Shipping, no free shipping here.

#6 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

Just some things to note:

They charge you right away when you place the preorder.
You cannot cancel your order once it has been made.

Also, I always associated "fs" with Free Shipping, no free shipping here.

They didn't charge me...

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#7 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

They didn't charge me...

May just be how you pay then, I was reading up on it at Neogaf yesterday and someone got charged and wanted to cancel and they told him that he couldn't because they had a no cancellation policy.

#8 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

If you pay with paypal you are charged immediately. All places are that way. I was told that there is no other way for paypal to do it.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#9 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

fs = free shipping?

#10 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

fs = free shipping?

99.9% of the time, yes.

This is that rare .1% apparently.

#11 Dunvane

Dunvane

The Diddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Think it means "for sale"

#12 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:51 AM

$116 for me after tax and shipping. Maybe to much for some but I will probably never open this and buy the regular copy

The Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition will include:
- 300+ page hardback physical copy of the Wizard’s Companion, the spellbook Oliver uses throughout his journey in the game. The full-color Wizard’s Companion contains a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game along with in-depth item descriptions, spells and history of the other world.
- The limited-run Wizard’s Edition will also contain a plush doll of Drippy, Oliver’s guide through his adventures,
- as well as exclusive “golden mite” and “golden drongo” DLC familiars.

http://store.namcoba...xclusive.html

As noted in the other thread, Namco has Digital River running their store. That means bad packing and a risk of damage along with no viable means of getting someone to return your calls. Just be prepared for the fact that you may receive a damaged product and have little recourse other than having your credit card company reverse the charge.

#13 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I want to buy this so bad but it looks like its exclusive to club Namco and as bojay mentioned digital river is in charge of their store and they usually suck at shipping. I don't want to run the risk of getting a damaged product so I'll pass, if this were made available on Amazon I'd buy it in an instant.

O6d6OER.jpg

#14 sisko

sisko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

How limited is this "limited run"?

#15 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

How limited is this "limited run"?

Considering this is a JRPG, I'd say very limited.

Green Bay, Wisconsin.

#16 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

Its only sold online, so you can pretty much bet it will be a hot item or very limited. I really want this game, but I wouldn't fork over the extra cash for the limited edition as I just have way too many games to play right now that I can't justify paying even $60 for a game.

#17 wizzyx3

wizzyx3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Digital River is driving away from from buying this.

#18 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

there is no free shipping and even credit cards are charged up front. I just went through the process.
Posted Image

#19 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

Had to bite. I want that freakin' book.

#20 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

So this isn't going to be offered anywhere else, not even gamestop?

#21 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

So this isn't going to be offered anywhere else, not even gamestop?

Nope. Just look at the dead rising 2 high stakes edition from capcom.

#22 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

As noted in the other thread, Namco has Digital River running their store. That means bad packing and a risk of damage along with no viable means of getting someone to return your calls. Just be prepared for the fact that you may receive a damaged product and have little recourse other than having your credit card company reverse the charge.

Thanks for the warning. I'd like to preorder this, but I've already had so much abysmal customer service this year that just the possibility is a deal-breaker for me.

#23 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I really want this but feel great hesitation after reading everyone else's posts.
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#24 Stoner2002

Stoner2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Just to voice an alternative view to the shipping handler Digital River, I ordered the PS3 Warhammer 40k Space Marine Collector's Edition which was through THQ website only and was also handled by Digital River. I received the game on the 6th day, paid for the standard 5 - 7, and the game was packaged in two boxes, making for a very thick outer wall. The game was in perfect condition. So maybe this was an exception or they have improved. Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone on the fence.

#25 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Ugh, I don't wanna tie up $110+ for that long. If they only charged your card when it shipped I'd jump on it, but to have $116 held that long? No thanks :(

#26 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ugh, I don't wanna tie up $110+ for that long. If they only charged your card when it shipped I'd jump on it, but to have $116 held that long? No thanks :(

Ditto. I definitely want to buy this CE, but I can't spare the money right now. :(
Posted Image

#27 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

According to their site, you aren't charged until it ships(guessing with CC only?)

"When will my credit card be charged? For purchases of physical products, you won't be billed until your product is shipped. This includes any preordered or backordered products. If your items are shipped separately you will be billed each time a product is shipped."

https://store.namcob..._US&Env=BASE#q3

#28 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I ordered with my Discover card and I am yet to get charged...Plus, as stated above, the website states they do not charge until they ship.

Green Bay, Wisconsin.

#29 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hmm...in that case I'll probably bite. I do have a debit card though (I always remember to keep enough money in there for stuff that's getting shipped to me in the future), I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I pre-ordered FFXIII-2 CE from Best Buy and had $80 tied up for two months.

#30 keine

keine

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

I do have a debit card though I'm wondering if that makes a difference.

Good point. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed a difference?

I only roll with debit. :(