Photo
- - - - -

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations $40 @ Amazon (PS3/360)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just noticed on my camelcamelcamel trackings that the price dropped to $40. It's been $60 for what seems like forever! Personally, I'm waiting for $20, but maybe some will bite on this, since it takes forever for these games to drop in price.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations $40
For PS3 & 360
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0050SY6DY/

#2 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've been meaning to pick this up. Still contemplating on the price, though.

#3 DRkdragon

DRkdragon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I am am waiting for $20 or cheaper. It's fun, but there is better out there for cheaper. Especially this summer...

#4 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

$40 is a great price. Dont expect this too hit $20 until Storm 3 comes out and that could possibly take till around now next year. If your a fan of the show or has some intrest, this is a def. buy

#5 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Can anyone explain the difference in standard versus limtied edition?

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Not too bad. Nice to see some fellow fans on CAG

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Which one is better? Generations or shippuden 2?
8-) Head BrokeAss

#8 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

This game is great. The roster alone makes for a ridiculous amount of replay value. One of the few games I do not regret paying full price for, not to mention it was sold out at a lot of retailers shortly following release. I didn't think it would ever drop this much in price, to be completely honest. :lol:

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#9 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Great game, the roster is amazing. Can't wait for Storm 3, I am a huge Naruto fan.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#10 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Generations by far, but it still has problems.

They tried to improve the game-play. It does fix some issues, but it's still pretty brain-dead as far as competitiveness goes. The online aspect is much better. The netcode has been improved and they've even included player match lobbies (like SSF4). There's a wealth of single player content to keep you busy for a while.. the story mode is told in the perspective of each character, who each have their own branch. It isn't that amazing though. They use pictures and video, with text and/or voice acting to tell the story. The character roster is huge, combining both pre and post-time skip characters, and they finally included Zabuza and Haku (who also have a story branch).

I wouldn't get it at this price though. They've announced and released a video of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 already. If you've played UNS2, get it at 20$.

My rankings of the UNS games: UNS:G > UNS > UNS2

Can anyone explain the difference in standard versus limtied edition?

It's probably this, so don't worry about it. Short print, europe only.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.

#12 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Not a big fan of anime but love the fighting mechanics. Might pick this up. Thanks OP!

#13 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

this. i dont even like naruto but i love storm 2. its beautiful to look at and reminds me of a naruto/asuras wrath mash up which makes sense since its the same developer -cyberconnect2-. when i first heard the main menu music i even thought it was asuras wrath music, which is a good thing. love love love storm 2. ohhh yeah, im pretty sure this game -generations- got rid of the boss battles. thats weak.

While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#14 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Really it hasn't been lower? I picked it up at Best Buy for 39.99 and mixed it with the b2g1 a couple of days ago.

#15 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Unnecessary title. Jesus Christ, Japan

Its seems like every single post you always hate on something. Its quite funny

#16 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Really it hasn't been lower? I picked it up at Best Buy for 39.99 and mixed it with the b2g1 a couple of days ago.

Its an anime game. One type of game that its msrp takes a LONG LONG time to go down.

#17 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

japan doesn't even like jesus..
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#18 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

With Amazon now charging tax, what is the point? They have lost my business forever unless I see a killer deal. I would rather go to the store and get it and not wait a week for delivery.

#19 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...
8-) Head BrokeAss

#20 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Speak for yourself... everytime you post I wonder what the hell "sukthefac" means.

#21 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

nope, not buying until it's $10.00, it's just a fighting game now, I liked UNS 2's huge adventure mode and they took that out.

#22 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

They definitely ruined this game by taking out the adventure/running around bits. The combat is slightly improved, though, so that makes me look forward to UNS3!

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#23 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...

You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :(

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#24 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

nope, not buying until it's $10.00, it's just a fighting game now, I liked UNS 2's huge adventure mode and they took that out.

You might be waiting a while, I don't know what it is about the Storm series but they sure seem to keep their price for a rather long time... even UNS2 hasn't dropped to $10 yet from what i can tell.

I agree with most comments: Generations has a more comprehensive cast but it no longer has the open world or boss elements which were both pretty enjoyable aspects. I wish they waited a year or so so they could create a game that covers the entire story. Granted, I haven't read Naruto in over a year but I was under the impression that it was wrapping up. I'm not in a rush to get it at $40.

#25 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :(

I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome!
8-) Head BrokeAss

#26 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)
Posted Image

#27 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)

No need to price match, it has been that price $40 since yesterday at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.c...uto generations

Edit: Don't forget the B2G1 at BB, makes each copy around 28 each. Maybe some CAGs should split it up on the deal
8-) Head BrokeAss

#28 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Its seems like every single post you always hate on something. Its quite funny

lol I thought I was the only one to see that, such a hater :lol:

I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome!

Yes it is :)
(only in sub not dub ;) )

I love how the manga has gone full circle *cough* ninja spoiler *cough*

As far as the game, I /wrists at dub so I usually pass but played #2 and was pretty decent considering... I will pass since no 'open play'

#29 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

What? Amazon isn't a seller of it anymore?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#30 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'd go for it if the next game wasn't already announced...