Gears of War 3 Limited Edition $35 + Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 solidsnake222

solidsnake222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Saw this on slickdeals earlier and it just frontpaged. After missing the TRU Epic Edition sale and failing out at Best Buy recently, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this limited edition. It's the ebay daily deal today, and of course it's brand new.

link

The Gears of War 3 Limited Edition includes:

An Octus Award Box and Octus Service Medal – Replicas of the honors bestowed on Adam Fenix, Marcus's father, for his work on the Hammer of Dawn.

Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.

A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.

The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his "Last Will and Testament," the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

#2 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Once again I should have waited. Bought for $54.95 some time ago.

#3 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

I jumped all over that ish when TRU put it on sale... I'm moving into a big house in a couple of weeks with a finished basement that's mine, all mine... I'll finally get to put my statues out...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#4 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Heres where all the $10 tru ones went

#5 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Nice deal.
The box this comes in is really nice., with the cog showing through the front. Looks alot nicer than the Reach LE.
I already had a regular copy of this when I got the Epic Edition, and just ended up selling the extra game on ebay, along with the flag and documents.
Worth the trouble for the display box/gear.

#6 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Once again I should have waited. Bought for $54.95 some time ago.

I hope it wasn't during the time where Epic Edition is only $5 more at $59.99...

#7 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

honestly not a very good collector's edition, aside from the COG, and I guess the DLC codes, the rest of it all feels cheap and worthless. Of course 34.99 is not a bad price regardless, but it's one of the least impressive collector's editions I've owned

#8 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

So, this isn't the edition that comes with the Marcus Fenix statue?
Let's go O's!

#9 gundie

gundie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

So, this isn't the edition that comes with the Marcus Fenix statue?

No, it's the Epic Edition that comes with the statue.

#10 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

No, it's the Epic Edition that comes with the statue.

That's what I figured.

I'm still kicking myself for missing that one from TRU.com a while back.
Let's go O's!

#11 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think I'll pass. The beta was fun, but I don't care nearly enough to pay for any extra memorabilia. Thanks though. I may pick up the game by itself, one of these days.

#12 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I think I got mine for $35 from GS a while back. As a CE, I think it's nice in the sense that the included items are "in-universe". No cheesy statues and crap, it's stuff that actually engages you in the story/universe more.

However, if you're not a big gears fan I'd say to pass. The game itself seems to be pretty mediocre. I played through about 80% of the campaign with my friend co-op and the whole experience was decidedly bland. No fancy packaging or extra items will fix that.

#13 eres

eres

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

you can get a used copy of the epic edition for 56$ with the recent promotion not sure if it's a good price or not

#14 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

the only thing's that's epic (fail) is 3,000+ negative feedback...how do you even do that without getting kicked off ebay?! oh wait..this is "ebay's deal of the day"..so it's ebay's user id? so if that's true...not even ebay can maintain 100% feedback

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#15 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

the only thing's that's epic (fail) is 3,000+ negative feedback...how do you even do that without getting kicked off ebay?! oh wait..this is "ebay's deal of the day"..so it's ebay's user id? so if that's true...not even ebay can maintain 100% feedback

Your looking at 1saleaday's eBay profile. It's all about the percentage, not the numbers. They're at 98+% positive, that's perfectly acceptable.

...such a retardicon.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#16 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

And here I thought getting the game only for $21 like new a few days ago was a good deal. :-# Why do these things happen to me?

#17 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I loved this game and have played it a bunch, but the extras (besides the COG flag) are pretty 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. I'll pass on this, but if you don't have the game this is a great deal.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image