Photo
- - - - -

One Piece: Pirate Warriors PS3 £29.95 ($48.14) @ Zavvi.com (Update!)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

One Piece: Pirate Warriors is only receiving a PSN release in the US/Canada, which was released on Sep. 25th. If you want a physical copy of the game, obtaining either the UK/Europe version or Asian version is the only way to go.

Zavvi.com had this game for preorder at £24.95, but the price has gone up since release to £29.95 (Current Exchange Rate = $48.14). This is the cheapest place to order the game from (and I did look ;)) As usual, ordering from Zavvi to the US is an extra £1.00 & you will have to wait around 2 weeks for delivery. Since this is a UK game, for you DLC lovers out there, make sure that you have a UK PSN account so you can have at it if need be. Zavvi does sell PSN cards, so you can download the DLC that way (after establishing a UK account of course).

:ps3: One Piece: Pirate Warriors £24.95

COLLECTOR'S EDITION INFORMATION

For anyone that is interested, Play-Asia has the Collector's Edition available for shipping to the US. The collector's edition comes with the game & a 19 centimeter replica of the Thousand Sunny in special packaging. Don't worry if you order this that you game will be all in Chinese as this version will have English subtitles just like the European Version. As almost all PS3 games are region free, there is no issue there as well.

:ps3: One Piece: Pirate Warriors Collector's Edition $95.89

PSN VERSION INFORMATION

If you don't care to own the game physically & are a Playstation Plus member, you can grab the game for a smooth $29.95 as stated here.
The download is a total of 11 GB, so you will need to have a total of 22 GB of HD space available for the download....

Edited by Joe Fongul, 30 October 2012 - 05:44 PM.
Updated Information for the Here & Now

Posted Image

#2 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:25 PM

Here's to hoping tanking of the pound :lol:

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

They are also getting a Collector's Edition, but I have not seen it on any site except this one:

http://multiplayer.c...-s-edition.html

Anyone know if it's just being released in a certain part of the Europe?

#4 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

How much for shipping

#5 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Add me to the list of hopeful tanking to the ground. :)

I put a pre-order in. Thank you, OP. At least you guys in Europe are still getting physical releases.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#6 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hmm... Anyone know how much the US PSN release will cost? Also $25?
Posted Image

#7 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hmm... Anyone know how much the US PSN release will cost? Also $25?

With the exchange rate, that translates to $38.98 as listed in the topic header.

My guess would be that it may get the same PSN pricing that Warriors Orochi 3 did, which is $49.99. Just a guess though, nothing official has been said about pricing that I'm aware of.

EDIT: also, one really weird thing I came across is that Play-Asia has the US version up for pre-order: http://www.play-asia...en-70-4prb.html I guess they didn't get the memo lol.

Edited by barrit, 18 July 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#8 AsherFischell

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Anyone thinking of doing this should be aware that Zavvi and The Hut are absolutely notorious for lost/unshipped items and horrendous customer service. Their prices are lower than most other UK retailers, but you get what you pay for. Buy with caution.

http://www.reviewcen...iews168425.html

Edited by AsherFischell, 18 July 2012 - 07:08 PM.
Extra information

#9 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Anyone thinking of doing this should be aware that Zavvi and The Hut are absolutely notorious for lost/unshipped items and horrendous customer service. Their prices are lower than most other UK retailers, but you get what you pay for. Buy with caution.

Interesting, I've never used them before. I might have to take that into consideration and place an order with 365games instead (have good experiences with them.)

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#10 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

If it's the same price go with 365 for their better service. Zavvi will always refund for a lost item, though, and this just comes in a standard case, so it's not like it will get damaged at least.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#11 AsherFischell

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

Also, for anyone who decides to pre-order this despite the risks, if you put in the code ZV15725189 under referrer code when you first sign up (not the add a discount thing) you'll get 5% off of your first order. Not sure how long that's active, but it works today.

#12 gunstar808

gunstar808

Capitalism, Ho!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

paid $105 for jpn version, and will prob be buying it again! is there no xbox release for this?

#13 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

Can you play this game with Japanese voices and English subtitles?

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#14 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

I think that's the only way you can play this game. I dont think there is going to be english voices for this game.

#15 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

What the above poster said.. I heard that's why it's being released as a digital download only, like Warriors Orochi 3. I hear Sony America doesn't allow physical copies unless it's dubbed in English. I guess they have special negotiations with Sega for Yakuza.. maybe since it's an exclusive? No idea since this game is exclusive to PS3 as well.

#16 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

paid $105 for jpn version, and will prob be buying it again! is there no xbox release for this?

ps3 exclusive

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#17 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Sweet, thanks for the info guys.

For some reason I prefer the Japanese voices over the American dub. Usually for anime I like the English dub (ex. Cowboy Bebop) but One Piece sounds much better in Japanese in my opinion.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#18 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

Gomu Gomu no...
Spoiler

#19 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

They are also getting a Collector's Edition, but I have not seen it on any site except this one:

http://multiplayer.c...-s-edition.html

Anyone know if it's just being released in a certain part of the Europe?

The Limited Edition is not being released in the UK as the series is not popular there like it is in Europe. It is available for shipping to the US from Amazon Germany. With Amazon UK, France & Spain, there are restrictions for shipping video games to the US, but there are no restrictions with either Amazon Italy or Amazon Germany. The only issue is the price compared to the standard edition, but I would say this would be collector's item that you won't find on the shelves of a Best Buy after 6 months for half off ;)

I will update the OP with this information for any interested parties of course :)
Posted Image

#20 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

http://www.reviewcen...iews168425.html

I did have an issue with Zavvi in the past (as they did lose a game for me personally that I had to wait the long 30 day period to get a refund on). However, they have stepped up their international delivery as of late. I ordered Virtua Tennis 4 from Zavvi about a month ago and the game arrived in a week to California in an actual bubble mailer with a USPS delivery confirmation number on the package.

My order of Ratchet & Clank HD Collection this week also came with a tracking number & a promised delivery time of 5-7 days. Quite different than the Zavvi of old with the crappy cardboard box mailer and the slow shipping times. 365 is also good though, along with HMV as well for any UK orders IMHO.
Posted Image

#21 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

The Limited Edition is not being released in the UK as the series is not popular there like it is in Europe. It is available for shipping to the US from Amazon Germany. With Amazon UK, France & Spain, there are restrictions for shipping video games to the US, but there are no restrictions with either Amazon Italy or Amazon Germany. The only issue is the price compared to the standard edition, but I would say this would be collector's item that you won't find on the shelves of a Best Buy after 6 months for half off ;)

I will update the OP with this information for any interested parties of course :)

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the restrictions. That's one hell of a price for the LE though :shock: It went up to 89.99 euros

#22 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm gonna assume that the Collector's Edition will feature the English option of the game, anyway, since PAL region games feature multiple languages to begin with, right?

Mostly finding it funny that the listing on Amazon shows three languages, all being Italian. :lol:

#23 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the restrictions. That's one hell of a price for the LE though :shock: It went up to 89.99 euros

It goes down to 75 euros when ordering because they cannot charge the VAT tax for an order going overseas. Still it is a pretty penny compared to buying the standard for under $40 shipped....
Posted Image

#24 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Pre-ordered standard ed. Thanks.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#25 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

It goes down to 75 euros when ordering because they cannot charge the VAT tax for an order going overseas. Still it is a pretty penny compared to buying the standard for under $40 shipped....

75 Euros is still over 90 $USD. For those that don't want to pay extra for the "special Packaging," the toy is available separately for just under $40 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231ff4362e

http://thegrandlines...-thousand-sunny

I have the Going Merry version of this and it is pretty cool, but if that is the only extra, I'll probably wait for the US PSN digital pricing and get that - I assume there will be cool DLC I don't want to miss out on.
Posted Image

#26 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

How much for shipping?

#27 ManCowBear

ManCowBear

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have the Going Merry version of this and it is pretty cool, but if that is the only extra, I'll probably wait for the US PSN digital pricing and get that - I assume there will be cool DLC I don't want to miss out on.

Is the Going Merry version good quality or is it cheaply made?
And Japan received DLC(costumes, and new missions) so hopefully we will too.

Videos of DLC: http://www.youtube.c...BDDAE0609D4E84D

#28 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

How much for shipping?

£1.00 ($1.56) for the Standard from Zavvi.com

€14.00 ($17.17) for the Collector's Edition from Amazon Germany
Posted Image

#29 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Just got a shipping notice for my order from Zavvi. :)

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#30 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

a little off topic but does anyone know how much it will be on PSN tuesday?