• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

http://www.walmart.c...ox-360/12166118

Get in on it! A great deal for a great game. I already have a pair of turntables but DJ Hero 1 and 2 are great to own.

ahh, the memories!

some DJ Hero 2 love:

#2 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Dammit... I might have to bite on this one.
Posted Image

#3 gar3

gar3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Just bought two Renegade Bundles from Walmart.com for $63.54 shipped to my house and a software-only new copy of DJ Hero 2 for $3.01 with Amazon Prime delivery Friday. Thanks, OP!

Edited by gar3, 18 July 2012 - 07:43 PM.
Bought a second bundle for two-player fun, heh.

#4 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

cool! maybe my friends and I will see you for some online jamming! :D

#5 Yevster

Yevster

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

Eminem is my idol and I'm interested in DJ Hero so I may bite. Anyone know how long this price will last? And also I'm a bit confused, what does the bundle come with(game-wise)? Does it come with the first 2 games, or a brand new game?

#6 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap). I think it's a bit too hard to play on your lap when the difficulty gets higher.

It also come with a double album by Jay-Z and Eminem. And the DJ Hero 1 game. The bundle comes with the original DJ Hero game.

DJ Hero 2 doesn't come with it but you definitely should pick it up because it's a better title. Though DJ Hero 1 mixes are arguably better.

I never owned the Renegade package. It was way too expensive ($199) when I bought my first DJ Hero bundle (I got the regular version for "a steal" at $100 early on). And then when DJ Hero 2 was being cleared out, I got another regular bundle for $30.

#7 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Damn. I want the stand and the cd. Think imma bite on this

#8 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

And yet the PS3 version sits firmly at $199.96 :( :( :( :( :(

#9 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Watching those videos is making me jones for some DJ hero, think I'll pop it in tonight. I would really love this stand but I already have 2 turntables and both games. Guess my lap/coffee table with have to do.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#10 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Watching those videos is making me jones for some DJ hero, think I'll pop it in tonight. I would really love this stand but I already have 2 turntables and both games. Guess my lap/coffee table with have to do.

you could sell your turntables on Craigslist. that's what i'm doing.

#11 Yevster

Yevster

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:27 AM

It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap). I think it's a bit too hard to play on your lap when the difficulty gets higher.

It also come with a double album by Jay-Z and Eminem. And the DJ Hero 1 game. The bundle comes with the original DJ Hero game.

DJ Hero 2 doesn't come with it but you definitely should pick it up because it's a better title. Though DJ Hero 1 mixes are arguably better.

I never owned the Renegade package. It was way too expensive ($199) when I bought my first DJ Hero bundle (I got the regular version for "a steal" at $100 early on). And then when DJ Hero 2 was being cleared out, I got another regular bundle for $30.

Thanks a lot for the info, I think I'm going to bite for sure now!

#12 Yevster

Yevster

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:29 AM

Crap it says out of stock online, i think I waited a bit too long.

#13 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Damn, looking for it for PS3. :-(

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#14 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Grabbed it, thanks OP. Love this series.

#15 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Crap it says out of stock online, i think I waited a bit too long.

I just pick one up, so it looks like it is in stock now.

Couldn't find the DJ Hero 2 Software for as cheap as GAR3 noted. If anyone finds it a link would be much appreciated!

#16 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Just ordered one for site to store.

I have the games and the party-bundle turntables for PS3, but I've been really wanting to pickup the Renegade Edition because it looks cool.. even if it is for 360.

Thanks!

#17 midloo

midloo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

Thanks OP! I really wanted to check this game out, but I kept missing all the turntable deals that happened through BB and others. This seemed like the perfect time to jump in. Thanks!

Any recommendations on the DLC packs?
Posted Image

#18 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Picked up DJ Hero a while ago for like $10, I played it once then never touched it again. I might check out DJ hero 2 since I already got the turntable.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#19 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Picked up the :ps3: Renegade Edition off Craigslist a while back for $20, but it didn't have the CD. Very fun game. Just picked up DJ Hero 2 at Fry's for 9.99. Now to get one more turntable and a microphone.

648665.png

#20 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

haha. the funny thing is I actually like karaoke games (have lots of Lips and Karaoke Revolution) and I have never tried the microphone thing in DJ Hero 2. is it any good?

#21 AllFrankedUp

AllFrankedUp

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

I'll find out. I think I'm gonna order a Def Jam Rapstar bundle cheap to get the microphone and even more hiphop karaoke goodness.

648665.png

#22 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

These are back in stock if anyone missed out yesterday.

#23 Yevster

Yevster

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

These are back in stock if anyone missed out yesterday.

How are you getting it? It says out of stock online for me.

#24 Yevster

Yevster

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Just refreshed a bunch of times and it says in stock now. I don't have a credit card to use right now, and my debit doesn't have cash on it. I hope this deal is around until tomorrow so I can load up my card :/

#25 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

It comes with the upgraded DJ Hero turntable with a carrying case that converts to a stand. The original DJ Hero bundle only had the turntable which means you have to have a desk to play it on (though some people find it okay to play on your lap).

So is it pretty much the same turntable software wise as the one that comes with DJ Hero 2?

Thanks OP! I really wanted to check this game out, but I kept missing all the turntable deals that happened through BB and others. This seemed like the perfect time to jump in. Thanks!

Any recommendations on the DLC packs?

What exactly where the BB deals for these?

And thanks OP, I ended up putting in an order for in-store pickup... Not sure if I will be able to get into it, as I have never really got into any of the guitar heroes or rock bands.

#26 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm a little confused on what you're asking.

The actual turntable hardware is pretty much the same. It's only cosmetic differences (the renegade has faux gold accents).

The regular DJ Hero 1 bundle just came with the DJ Hero 1 game and the turntable.

The renegade edition also came with the music CD and the carrying case/stand in addition to the turntable and the DJ Hero 1 game.

DJ Hero 2 was a major software upgrade over DJ Hero 1 (it is the sequel).

If you're not into music in general or the sick mash-ups of DJ Hero 1/2, then it's probably not the game for you. If you were never interested in music games before, I don't know if this will convert you. It's the music which attracted me (never was interested in pretending to be a DJ).

#27 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Oos?

#28 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

I still have an unopened DJ Hero 1 PS3 bundle i got ar TRU for $10 that im yet to open...have had zero desire to play it lol.

#29 heatison777

heatison777

The Heat is On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I ordered one for ship to store on Wed afternoon. It went from Georgia to Ohio in less than 2 days. Ready for pickup.

#30 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm a little confused on what you're asking.

The actual turntable hardware is pretty much the same. It's only cosmetic differences (the renegade has faux gold accents).

The regular DJ Hero 1 bundle just came with the DJ Hero 1 game and the turntable.

The renegade edition also came with the music CD and the carrying case/stand in addition to the turntable and the DJ Hero 1 game.

DJ Hero 2 was a major software upgrade over DJ Hero 1 (it is the sequel).

If you're not into music in general or the sick mash-ups of DJ Hero 1/2, then it's probably not the game for you. If you were never interested in music games before, I don't know if this will convert you. It's the music which attracted me (never was interested in pretending to be a DJ).

Sorry I meant the turntable hardware, I hadnt slept for 20 hours when I composed the message, lol. I was just wondering cause I know that when it came to accessories like the topshot for Cabela's hunting games had a difference in hardware when the new game bundles came out.