Photo
- - - - -

Bulletstorm - Xbox 360 - 12.99 on XBL - TODAY ONLY

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Title says it all. Just got on my Xbox and saw its 35% off, today only on Xbox Live.

<p>194619.png

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

lol

#3 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Nice!

I'm kind of a big deal...

#4 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

I wonder how long these daily deals will last. First time I noticed it was yesterday when Dead Space 1 was 25% off. Which made it $15, which was a joke. But 12.99 for Bulletstorm isn't bad.

<p>194619.png

#5 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

I'm pretty sure you can find the disc version new for less than $12.99 and even cheaper for used. Still, it's not a bad deal - especially as far as XBLA pricing goes.

#6 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

For those that lucked out on it when it was $5 at BB with coupon then $12.99 ISN'T so bad

#7 cynicalaa22

cynicalaa22

The Chiseler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

It usually goes for about $8 with shipping on Glyde for a used copy.
Posted Image

#8 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

For those that lucked out on it when it was $5 at BB with coupon then $12.99 ISN'T so bad

I missed out when it was $5 and $7.99 at BBY. But I bought it when it first came out, played the hell out of it then sold it. So I've already had my fun with it, but this is for anyone that did miss out of the deals for a new copy.

<p>194619.png

#9 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

For those who'd prefer it on disc(3 Epic Editions left): http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7714a1f7

I, too, got this for $5(ps3). Why? Because it was cheap, lol! From the youtube gameplay vids, I think I'll have some zany fun with this game....whenever I get around to opening it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#10 sonnyforple

sonnyforple

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

There is also an online pass included with a new disc copy, I don't think these downloads give you that. You can still play online but there are a few extra maps unlocked.

#11 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

For those who'd prefer it on disc(3 Epic Editions left): http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7714a1f7

I, too, got this for $5(ps3). Why? Because it was cheap, lol! From the youtube gameplay vids, I think I'll have some zany fun with this game....whenever I get around to opening it.

I really enjoyed it, it was something fresh in the world of generic FPS's.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#12 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

really great game...I love to my enemy by kicking them into the spikes.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#13 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

I really enjoyed it, it was something fresh in the world of generic FPS's.

I agree, Bulletstorm is a great pure action/arcade style FPS, reminded me of the Serious Sam games, which are among my favorite FPS games of all time. I also really liked the artwork, environments, weapons . . . just overall a great action FPS, a nice change from the usual military-style shooters that are so common.

#14 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Pretty fun game. What i loved most about it was the humor though
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 lostmind69

lostmind69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

There is also an online pass included with a new disc copy, I don't think these downloads give you that. You can still play online but there are a few extra maps unlocked.

I can confirm that most (if not all) applicable "Games on Demand" titles come with any given Online Pass functionality at no additional cost. I've purchased Dragon Age II on sale that way and now Bulletstorm from Games On Demand also. Dragon Age II on there even came with free "The Black Emporium" DLC.

#16 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

I paid $4.99 during a BB deal last year.

#17 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

This game is great, only FPS shooter campaign I've ever finished because it was actually fun.

#18 lostmind69

lostmind69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

This game is great, only FPS shooter campaign I've ever finished because it was actually fun.

Have you played Echoes mode yet? I haven't since it warned about spoilers but I'm so tempted to though I swear. Oh well; here's to trying to join your ranks when I beat the Campaign on Normal. XD

#19 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

This game is SORELY underappreciated. If you enjoy the Gears of War visuals, have a pretty healthy sense of humor and are up for some good old kicking ass....get this game! It was a solid game with very inventive additions to the traditional 3rd person shooter genre, had what I thought was a really intriguing story, memorable characters and....like I said....a wicked sense of humor. I thought about rebuying for $12.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#20 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

:rofl: OMFG!!!! Watching another gameplay vid on YouTube!! I KNOW I'm going to have fun with this game! "I'll k**l your d***!":-o:shock::rofl:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#21 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

Have you played Echoes mode yet? I haven't since it warned about spoilers but I'm so tempted to though I swear. Oh well; here's to trying to join your ranks when I beat the Campaign on Normal. XD

Nope, I beat the campaign and then traded it back best buy for more than I payed for it. Best -$3 I ever spent.

#22 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

It's a lot of fun with some cool graphics. Wish it had co-op campaign though. That was the big disappointment.

Here's the prologue for people that are curious:

#23 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

I wonder how long these daily deals will last. First time I noticed it was yesterday when Dead Space 1 was 25% off. Which made it $15, which was a joke. But 12.99 for Bulletstorm isn't bad.

Dead space 1 for 15 is a joke but bulletstorm for 13 is a deal?

Hmmmmm

#24 lostmind69

lostmind69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

Dead space 1 for 15 is a joke but bulletstorm for 13 is a deal?

Hmmmmm

It's obviously only a deal for people like me who prefer both HDD install and not having to bother with any optical media. I'm glad discs are still the gold standard of course for multiple reasons, but I love downloadable retail titles.

I'm just glad I decided to let someone else make this thread even though I noticed the "deal" before 5 AM Central. I knew it would eventually get the type of response above, but I can understand the wisdom of confoosious!

#25 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

I've got nothing against bulletstorm. But if it's worth 13, surely dead space, one of the best xbox games ever, is worth $15. That was my point.

#26 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

The antagonist has some of the best dialogue since the Drill Sargent from "Full Metal Jacket". Legit LOL worthy.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#27 lostmind69

lostmind69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

I've got nothing against bulletstorm. But if it's worth 13, surely dead space, one of the best xbox games ever, is worth $15. That was my point.

All the more reason I wasn't the one who called it a joke deal. My reply was more of an observation than anything. I honestly just noticed the OP said it, which makes it somewhat ironic (to me anyway). That or maybe he doesn't care for space horror that much I dunno. I'd totally watch a live-action film based on Dead Space, and hell maybe even Bulletstorm if Hollywood wasn't such an epic fail about most game adaptations. Okay sorry... back on topic!

#28 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

I wanted to like this game but the head bobbing was bad enough for me that I'd get headaches after a few minutes. The only other game that did this was to me was the Perfect Dark XBLA port.

#29 lostmind69

lostmind69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:09 AM

I wanted to like this game but the head bobbing was bad enough for me that I'd get headaches after a few minutes. The only other game that did this was to me was the Perfect Dark XBLA port.

Ouch yeah I feel for ya. I have a friend that gets motion sickness from gaming situations like that one. Ironically, I think Duke Nukem Forever of all games has an option to disable "head-bobbing". Or maybe it was Perfect Dark XBLA haha.

#30 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Great game. Platinumed it a few months ago. Some over the top action combined with ridiculous dialog made for a very entertaining game. There is one trophy/achievement that requires a shit ton of points in an online game, one of the hardest trophies I ever got. Good luck to anyone trying for 100%!

KneeKnee.png