Massive game sale at Superstore

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 kn420994

kn420994

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

This is all over Redflagdeals, but it seems like many Superstore locations are having an unadvertised sale on games. Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City GOTY edition and UFC Undisputed 3 are among the titles that are selling for $15. None of the Superstores near me carry electronics, but hopefully some of you can take advantage of this sale.

All the details are here:
http://forums.redfla...3d-wii-1204808/

#2 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Anyone in Airdrie, AB that could pick up stuff for me, if there's a sale? I'm leaving the province for 2 weeks.

EDIT: looks like there's nothing on sale in calgary area

#3 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Never Mind. Called Airdire, AB. The guy told me they're not doing clearance now, and probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

#4 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I'm nowhere near mine and I know if I go out there everything will be sniped by those rfders so sadly not even gonna pay attention to this lol.

#5 wingy17

wingy17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

apparently none of the Ottawa stores have this sale. :/ Too bad, looks like there are some hot deals.

#6 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm nowhere near mine and I know if I go out there everything will be sniped by those rfders so sadly not even gonna pay attention to this lol.

Ditto, not worth going if its been on RFD for at least a day.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#7 refinedsugar

refinedsugar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up, kn420994! If you read through the 18 pages (so far) at RFD it seems YMMV, but I never expected RCSS to turn out to be a place to score a deal now and then. First the MS point card blowout ... what a year ago? ... and now this. Five star.

For kn420994 and any CAG in the Halifax area
, I just left the Portland St location on the Dartmouth side an hour ago and its indeed happening there. I was told the prices got marked down yesterday. Batman AC GOTY isn't going for $15, but the regular edition for the PS3 is. ME3, BF3, SR3 and Undisputed 3 for $15 were among the standouts. There was plenty of ME3 copies for the 360 and PS3 left, but Undisputed 3 is gone for the 360 and only a few copies left for the PS3. BF3 was only left on the PS3 and SR3 was sold out for both by the time I left. There were also some deals on hardware and accessories. Don't bother with Braemar Dr, Cole Harbour and Barrington St. They don't have electronic departments. I don't know about the Bayers Lake location. Maybe someone else can confirm.

#8 eng050599

eng050599

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

The Kitchener, Ontario store still has plenty of copies of PS3 and 360 games (a real glut of ME3 for both consoles). I just snagged a copy of Lumines and Ninja Gaiden for Vita for $15 each, so I'm happy.

#9 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Went by kanata, found nothing marked down yet.

from reading RFD it's inevitable for any store that has been renovated.

Signup for League of Legends:
https://signup.leagu...50e932937302371

#10 Aquablak

Aquablak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks a bunch, OP.

I picked up:
Portal 2 - $10
Batman AC - $15
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - $12

All for 360. I'm in WPG.

#11 Eoyote

Eoyote

DLC - Disc Locked Content

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

As far as I know, Shawnessy is the only confirmed location here in Calgary. Here is a list of what sticks out in my head:

Alice
Alpha Protocol
Crackdown 2
Darkness 2
Dead to Rights Retribution
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Fear 3
Fighters Uncaged
Final Fantasy 13-2
Hunter: The Demon`s Forge
Kinectimals
LA Noire
Mafia 2
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Mass Effect 3
Nier
Red Dead Redemption(undead expansion and the stand alone, original release)
Red Faction
Resonance of Fate
Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster
Shadows of the Damned
Spider Man Web of Shadows
Spider Man Shattered Dimension
Soul Calibur
SSX
Super Street Fighter IV
Two Worlds
UFC (they had a few different versions, 2010, 2012)

PS3
Blur
Bulletstorm
DC Universe Online
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
De Blob 2
Eye Pet
God of War Collection
Grand Turismo 5 Prologue
Infamous
Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
Medal of Honor
Mod Nation Racers
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Resistance Double Pack
Splinter Cell HD Collection
Sports Champions
Tron

DS
Mario 64 DS

3DS

Dream Trigger 3D
Ghost Recon
Star Fox 64 3D
Steel Diver
Shinobi
Sims

Wii
Mario Tennis Metroid Other M
Punch Out
Wii Resort

Vita
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

PSP
Fat Princess
Harry Potter
Little Big Planet
Resistance Retribution

Hardware
360 Rechargeable Battery Pack

If I recall any others I`ll update the above list.

Edited by Eoyote, 20 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#12 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

if any torontonians wanna grab me ninja gaiden(VITA) or katamari (VITA). I'll give you 20 for each. pm for deets or whatever,

#13 chimp69

chimp69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

In quebec, they liquidated all there games over a year and a half ago(maybe more). that was a crazy sale. So it may not be nationwide.

Side note, if anyone gets any psp vita games, or 3ds, and wants to sell or trade some games... let me know.

#14 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

Talked to a csr at Kanata RCSS. They said there was already a sale a few weeks ago and nothing really of a mention of another clearnace.

This is what they said, but i really doubt the one a few weeks ago was it. They have waaaaaay too much stock to simply say there is not gonna be another one before big games come out.

#15 poxsc

poxsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Nothing at Steeles & Dufferin. I asked the associate and he said nope.

#16 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

Damn, I went to the superstore in Brampton last week to pick up a prescription and went by the games section and there was hardly anything left for ps3, wasnt anything on sale then either.

Now that theres a sale, I doubt anything is left since its been posted on Hoard Flag Deals, but will update when I check it out later.

#17 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

30 pages on RFD. I think I'll just stay home and enjoy this chocolate strawberry banana milkshake I made.

#18 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

30 pages on RFD. I think I'll just stay home and enjoy this chocolate strawberry banana milkshake I made.

RFD spoils certain deals with casuals hoarding games for reselling, but I wouldn't count myself out on this one just yet. You gotta look around and ask.

I just came back from the Brampton SuperStore. Just like when I went in last week, some games were there, some weren't.

Most, if not everything was $10 or close to $10 for single games.

I picked up the Sly Collection (last copy) for $10, but also picked up a copy of GoW III, since it was also $10 and it was the initial release edition (not greatest hits). They had like 10 copies of god of war.

Was hoping to pick up either LBP GoTY edition, and Infamous 1 but neither of them were there (then again the brampton location never had them before either when I usually went for groceries).

Twisted Metal was still $60 also, bummer.

I generally look for first party games on Nintendo and Sony consoles, but they were wiped out for the most part or not on sale.

I asked one of the electronics guy if they might restock, which they generally were at the time, (ALOT of wii games).

Some highlights I saw at the store:
Fallout New Vegas $10
R&C Tools of Destruction $10
GoW III $10
Oblivion (TES IV) $10
Dead Space 2 $10
Resistance Dual collection (I think it was either $12 or $15)

There were some decent games, definitely some great deals, alot was gone but this location never had much ever since it moved the electronics section to the back of the store (2 months ago).

Guys don't let RFD hoard these games this early in this deal! Please go and visit to see if theres anything left, and talk with the CSR. They may restock.
No offence to RFD, I feel that games deserved to be played and enjoyed, not trapped in resellers hands or casual gamers that build massive backlogs that they have no intention of getting to.

Edited by saikisen, 21 July 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#19 Smashaga

Smashaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Can confirm with RFD post, not on sale in Chilliwack, BC. Dang.

Apparently Grandview location in Vancouver was good this morning.

#20 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

Went by kanata, found nothing marked down yet.

from reading RFD it's inevitable for any store that has been renovated.

Thanks for the updates on RFD telepathy. Hopefully Kanata decides to start the sale soon =)

#21 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

I hope I don't have to fight with the sharks when i get to the store gsrce.

#22 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

I hope I don't have to fight with the sharks when i get to the store gsrce.

I'm assuming you'll be there before me. It takes me a good 45 minutes to get there. Luckily all I want are DS/3DS games.

#23 rickyricardo7

rickyricardo7

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

picked up following games for $15:

SSX
Ridge Racer Unbound
Street Fighter X Tekken
Dirt 3
Syndicate
Ninja Gaiden 3

Fear 3 for $10 and Dragon Age 2 for $12

#24 telepathy

telepathy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

I just want street fighter x tekken (even though it sucks), mortal kombat, and ultimate marvel.
I would consider other games but rly, i dont play anything else. (Graces disc getting rly dusty)

#25 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Funny thing is, tomorrow is "no tax day" at superstore in ontario. I bet some people had to make the decision of either saving on tax and getting leftover scraps, or ignoring tax and just getting the best and first pick.

#26 wrathchild

wrathchild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

i would like to point out that the only the stores that are downsizing their games section are holding this sale. As of now the only store in the gvr area holding the clearance is the grandview location. i called both richmond and burnaby locations today and the sales are not happening there.
Posted Image

#27 TeaBisquit

TeaBisquit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Luckily all I want are DS/3DS games.

Yeah me too, I really want to get my hands on some cheap pokeymans! Rumble, Platinum. I really hope they're in stock tomorrow morning.

#28 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Just to remind you guys so you aren't dissapointed like me:

Twisted Metal wasn't on sale. Starhawk was 39.99, but I already got that launch day.

#29 Aquablak

Aquablak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Also picked up Dragon Age II and Rayman Origins for $10 each (both for the 360).

#30 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

What a fucking score, once I finally found an employee to open up the cabinets for me. Here's what I picked up:

Spoiler

All for $130, tax included. THANK YOU for sharing this awesome deal, kn420994!