Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

• Please log in to reply
11970 replies to this topic

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:27 AM

cagmadden13.jpg
fullmadden13gif2.gif

Introduction

Hello, everybody! After a successful three season run in its first year of existence, the need for a second Madden league here on CAG was proven to be true. Comprised mainly of players who felt they were still learning the game, the "JV League" was born.

Throughout those three seasons, members shared tips, discussed strategies, and helped each other improve their skills. When all was said and done, most of us felt that we had taken great strides in our understanding of the game, and weren't so overmatched against more experienced Madden players.

This year, I'd like to build off of that. While this will definitely still be a place for people who feel like they're still learning the game, the bigger emphasis will be on sportsmanship, communication, and sharing tips to help each other improve. In that spirit, I made a joke about changing the name from the "JV League" to the "Gentlemen's League", and ya know what...I'm going to run with it (however, choosing a stripper name that starts with the same letter as your team name to represent yourself is entirely optional, lol).

I'd like the league to be as self sustaining as possible: no nonsense, no constant reminders to play right, few warnings given, a non-negotiable expectation to keep up with the thread, being responsive to PM's, etc. And if people show any difficulty sticking to that, they're gone. What I'd like to avoid is the whole mentality of caring more about winning than caring about playing right. Also, having so and so's friend's, brother's, uncle who likes Madden, but has no idea what this thread is or even what CAG is can be a hinderance more often than not. If you want to be a part of the league, be a part of the league.

I've also been mulling a few settings changes in an effort to make the games as fair as possible. All of these things will be discussed in the thread though before anything is set in stone. So, definitely, anybody who thinks the Gentlemen's League would be a good fit for them, feel free to voice your interest, introduce yourself, weigh in on league policies, bounce around some ideas, etc. I'm excited about the growth that we could see this year, and look forward to us all enjoying some good, friendly, competitive, productive football together.

League Website
http://www.easports....ed-careers/home

Releasing a Player From the Website
1. Log in

2. Click on "My Team"

3. Find the player you want to cut

4. Click on him to flip the card over

5. Click "View Profile"

6. Use the drop down box in the top right corner to select "Release Player"

League Settings

Spoiler

League Rules and Policies

Playstyles
Spoiler

Two Point Conversions
Spoiler

Scrambling QBs
Spoiler

Substitutions
Spoiler

Moving Players to Different Positions
Spoiler

Onside Kicks
Spoiler

Squib Kicks
Spoiler

Sportsmanship
Spoiler

Disconnects
Spoiler

Big Lead in the 4th Quarter
Spoiler

Games Against the CPU
Spoiler

Advancement
Spoiler

Free Agency
Spoiler

Contract Length
Spoiler

Restructuring Contracts
Spoiler

Trades
Spoiler

Communication
Spoiler

Strike Policy
Spoiler

League News

9/4/12 - Disconnect Issue and League Policy
Spoiler

8/28/12 - Launch Day! Proposed Settings and Rules
Spoiler

8/24/12 - CAG League Sports: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League Team Selection Order
Spoiler

8/5/12 - Team Selection Criteria
Spoiler

Members

Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability
Any team listed as *OPEN* may be taken by a new member

AFC EAST
Buffalo Bills X | GpNinja | GpNinja | CST | I can play from about 5pm to midnight Except Wend,Thursday,Saturdays
Miami Dolphins | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | PST | ???
New England Patriots | AllenScribe | XboxChromosome | CST | Generally on around 7 p.m. through the week, and all weekend. Pretty flexible with hours as I work from home most days
New York Jets | dr0ppinL0adz | Z stepano Z | CST | Weekday Evenings (except when NFL is on Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football) / Saturday Afternoons

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens | Konfusion | KTrainThomas | ??? | ???
Cincinnati Bengals | DVO21 | DVO21 | CST | monday- thurs 6 pm till 9 pm, friday 6 pm till midnight saturday-sunday whenever usually works until about midnight
Cleveland Browns | Ultimate Matt X | Ultimate Matt X | EST | ???
Pittsburgh Steelers | HooRox | DarkSabreFury | ??? | ???

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texans | docb9110 | docb9110 | CST | ???
Indianapolis Colts | *OPEN*
Jacksonville Jaguars | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | MST | Eveniings
Tennessee Titans | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST | Sun - 11AM-9PM CST, Mon-Thu - 5-9PM CST, Fri - 5PM-2AM CST, Sat - anytime

AFC WEST
Denver Broncos | DarkRider | BrownWing | EST | ???
Kansas City Chiefs | sicsonic | sicsonic | ??? | usually 2pm-2am everyday except most Fridays and Saturdays
Oakland Raiders | Flyersfan | PsychedelicRock | ??? | ???
San Diego Chargers | Zolor23 | Zolor23 | EST | Basically any day, nights

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys | njrockpd | Harrybodyshots | ??? | ???
New York Giants | jbake_11 | bakenator11 | EST | Nights and Weekends
Philadelphia Eagles | scrub0bk | xscrubo | EST | weeknights from 7-10, some weekends during the day as well
Washington Redskins | JoelyPoley | FattyMcSweaty | EST | Mon-Fri anytime after 7pm eastern, Generally anytime on Saturday and Sunday

NFC NORTH
Chicago Bears | pitfallharry219 | pitfallharry219 | EST | ???
Detroit Lions X | perdition(troy | the joy of troy | CST | Weekdays 4:30pm-10:00pm, Weekends anytime before 5:00pm
Green Bay Packers | *OPEN*
Minnesota Vikings | KasterDB | KasterDB | EST | Mon, Tues, Fri - between 3:30-11 PM, Wed - between 2-10 PM, Thur - between 5-11 PM, Sat/Sun - 10 AM to 10 PM

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons | slofton | IceBoundToast | EST | 8am to 10am everyish day. After 7pm on my weekens. Just contact me for info.
Carolina Panthers | staticz | staticzv2 | CST | ???
New Orleans Saints X | Superstar | sgmsuperstar | ??? | ???
Tampa Bay Buccaneers | GamerDude316 | Cydoniac | EST | Sun: flexible during the day till about 10:30 PM EST. Mon-Thurs: 5:30-10:30 EST. Fri: Anytime after 5:30 EST. Saturday: Generally flexible (but please PM to set up a specific time as thats usually when I make plans with the girlfriend or the family).

NFC WEST
Arizona Cardinals | billymcdugal | BillyMcDugal86 | EST | Mon and Thurs: 9a-10a. Tues and Wed: 9a-10:30a. Fri: 9a-11a, Sat: nights are generally good. Sun: any time
San Francisco 49ers X | yo soy el tiger | yo soy el tiger | ??? | ???
Seattle Seahawks | Lexxon | Gumbill | EST | Weekdays after 4PM, Weekends vary but generally afternoon or nights
St. Louis Rams | *OPEN*

*X = Strike

Waiting List

Past Champions
Madden 13
Season 1 - Miami Dolphins (Chetty12)
Season 2 - Detroit Lions (perdition(troy)

Madden 12
Season 1 - Green Bay Packers (pitfallharry219)
Season 2 - Green Bay Packers (pitfallharry219)
Season 3 - New York Giants (lvpatriots)

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 17 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Well Like I said in the old thread, I'm in. Cool banner btw.

#3 JoelyPoley

JoelyPoley

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'd love to get in on one of the Madden 13 leagues.

#4 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Im in... Havent picked up Madden or been on CAG in a couple years but I think nows the time..

Gamertag Neworlbush25

#5 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Awesome! Good to see some new guys in here. neworlbush25, yeah, I remember you from the Madden league a few years back. I had the Saints in this league last year, but I'm considering switching teams. Since I finally began to grasp the running game in Madden, I'd like to play as the Titans (since they're my home team now), but I'm nervous to see what EA did to Chris Johnson's ratings after last season.

#6 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

You know I'm in. After thinking it over, I think I may hold off on playing in the other league for now. I'm gonna be a bit busier than usual in September/October and this league's advancement schedule fits me better anyways. Hopefully some of the ol' boys come back. The 3rd season last year was a bit of a downer, and that's not just because I didn't bring home the trophy.

#7 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

N8 im here and this is my only league. so i also left u a PM please get back at me bro

#8 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

All right, lol. I hope the other league figures out their spots fairly soon because I'm starting to go cross eyed from the people who are essentially signing up for both. I completely understand people just wanting to make sure they have a place to play. That's why I wanted to get this thread going to offer people a chance to solidify their spot as a "Veteran" in this league.

The other league already has what...21 spots off the board (possibly with teams like the Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Lions, Bears, Giants, Panthers, 49ers, etc. already taken). In all honesty, BV, Uber, and fero could probably declare that league "full" today if they really wanted to. But telling people there are no spots over a month before the game is out probably feels weird. Their lottery system is fair, but it also leaves the possibility that a new person with one entry could gain a spot over an established player with four entries...I do not envy their position, lol.

Over here, we don't have as many established players, and have more room to grow than they do. It's a great opportunity for people to say "Ok, this is MY league." I guess it just depends on how you feel about the competition, or the stigma that you'd be playing in a "lesser" league. But my hope is that we can work together so it's not viewed that way. I promise you all, I'll do my best to make the experience here better than it was last year. And I'm hoping getting an early start will help us with that.

pitfall: I saw your post in the other league about possibly having an automatic spot. I haven't compared the timestamps, but are you forgoing that and deciding to just roll with us here?

DVO: Craziness, man, lol. I saw your post, your PMs, and then your post about getting deployed. I appreciate your willingness to help out with league functions, and I'll probably take you up on it from time to time. But for now, it seems like you've got a lot on your plate, man. But I'm glad to have you here.

Your commitment would allow you to keep Dallas if you choose. I haven't decided how I would handle veteran members who want to switch teams...in relation to new members choosing a team. I'm probably going to be one of those people as well. As much as I just want the team I want, I want to try to be fair to everyone too, ya know. We'll figure it out.

As for everybody else, if you want this to be YOUR league, feel free to sign up. I'll start piecing together a member list based on the commitments we have, and we'll figure out teams from there (league vets, feel free to specify if you want to keep your team or not). Thanks, everybody!

#9 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

sounds good bro well if possible i would like to change teams if i can i would like the lions instead of cowboys but if not the lions then would also love to have the bengals. but if i have to be the cowboys i will but would enjoy trying out a new team this year if possible great to know i have a spot for sure though.

was also curious to know how the trade cap would work this year if there was any clue on that and also if we were going to have ours if it is the same have more caps room like the offical just curious

#10 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

pitfall: I saw your post in the other league about possibly having an automatic spot. I haven't compared the timestamps, but are you forgoing that and deciding to just roll with us here?

Yeah, that's the plan.

#11 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Awesome! Glad to have both of you back. I started adding people to the member list just based on people who have said that they plan on only playing in this league. I know lyric mentioned it in the old thread, but I at least want people to check in here in case anything has changed. Hopefully we'll start seeing more guys pop in as we get closer to launch (you'd think a demo should be coming pretty soon...I know the NCAA 13 demo was released really early this year).

For teams, we'll get it figured out. I feel like veteran members should get some kind of seniority even for switching teams. Of course, it's going to depend on who comes back too. For instance, if Blade3D comes back...and wants the Lions, he would get to keep them. We've got time for that though, so no rush there.

As for the trade cap...I don't know, I'm open to opinions again. I kind of thought it was at a decent level, but if most people feel that we should increase it, we can explore that. As usual, majority will rule.

There will be other potential changes to discuss as well, but I'd like to wait until more people get signed up before we delve in too deep.

#12 neworlbush25

neworlbush25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

havent gotten my class schedule yet, but should be available early mornings and every night 5pm on

#13 Rapid shot

Rapid shot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

My timezone is EST and I can play anytime from 12pm-11pm.

#14 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

havent gotten my class schedule yet, but should be available early mornings and every night 5pm on

Just saw that you signed up for the other league as well. As stated in the OP, I can't guarantee you a spot if you're doubling up. Priority goes to people only signing up for one league.

#15 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

ya im hoping blade comes back he prolly will want the lions but if not i want first dibs on them or the bengals if neither i guess dallas will just have to do

#16 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

If there are open spots I'd like to play in this league as well.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#17 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

If there are open spots I'd like to play in this league as well.

good to see ur in here guessing u want ur lame ass chiefs lol maybe this year we will get more games agianst eachother

#18 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

I would be more than interested.

steggy | K1LLSBURY | CST | Weekdays - 5PM CST - 9PM CST/Weekends - anytime

#19 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:55 AM

xbl dvo21 cag dvo21 cst time zone open to play monday- thrus 6 p.m till 9 p.m
friday 6 p.m till midnight saturday-sunday whenever usually works until about midnight. deploying at the the start of september for a short 2 or 3 weeks will be back asap. also still thinking of my stripper name

#20 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Updated the OP to reflect people who are waiting to find out how things are going to shake out with the other league. I'm sure we'll get a clearer picture as we get closer to launch and interest begins to pick up. Really, I expect more people to start popping in once the demo drops.

#21 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

N8 I'm not in the other league I cant join since I will be gone in the start just on the waiting list if when I return there is a spot but I doubt there will be. I'm in this league for sure.

#22 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

N8 I'm not in the other league I cant join since I will be gone in the start just on the waiting list if when I return there is a spot but I doubt there will be. I'm in this league for sure.

Sorry. I saw this post from a few days ago, and it seemed a bit non-committal.

if theres a spot for me i will take it but i will be gone for 3 weeks in early september. so right when the game comes out so if theres not room i guess right to the list of waiting for me when im back hope im one of the top guys on the waiting list

I'm not trying to limit people. But again, to be clear, at this point I'm only counting people who are not trying to play in the other league. Will there be room for people to play in both leagues? Probably. But this early on, I'm just trying to account for people who aren't vying for a spot in the other league. It'll clear up once the spots in that league are figured out. But for now, this is easier than inflating our numbers with people who anticipate playing in both.

#23 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

After realizing how jam packed (and hardcore) the other league is I'd like to put my name in the hat and if a spot is open, I'd love to join this league. Seems like a better fit with my schedule and play type anyhow, so what say, you?

Here's a little bit of info:

CAG NAME: HydroX
XBL GAMERTAG: N7 HydroX
TIME ZONE: Central (CST)
AVAILABILITY: Mon-Thurs anytime after 9pm Central, Sat after 6PM, Sundays after 1PM | Fridays are unavailable at this time (unless something changes with my work schedule)

Played in the first season of the Madden '12[?] league and half of the second season before bowing out due to time limitations. My memory is horrible since my son was born and I honestly can't recall if it was the '11 or '12 league I played in. :lol:

#24 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

ok sounds good N8 i will just drop the other league and make this one my for sure league then i rather be in a league where i can actually get some wins in the other league raped me last year. and since this league doesnt have guys like doom deuce sprice in it i might have an actual chance at a super bowl here so just count me as a gentlemens league only guy. my stripper name will be diasy lol

#25 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

After realizing how jam packed (and hardcore) the other league is I'd like to put my name in the hat and if a spot is open, I'd love to join this league. Seems like a better fit with my schedule and play type anyhow, so what say, you?

Here's a little bit of info:

CAG NAME: HydroX
XBL GAMERTAG: N7 HydroX
TIME ZONE: Central (CST)
AVAILABILITY: Mon-Thurs anytime after 9pm Central, Sat after 6PM, Sundays after 1PM | Fridays are unavailable at this time (unless something changes with my work schedule)

Played in the first season of the Madden '12[?] league and half of the second season before bowing out due to time limitations.

Hey, wherever you think you'd be a good fit, man. It's up to you. I'm just trying to avoid having a bunch of people sign up and then finding out they got a spot in the other league and going "Oh, nevermind. I'm playing over there. Sorry!" You see, I'm a needy bitch, and I need a commitment from my mens, lol.

But seriously, if you're ready to lock in your spot over here, we'd be happy to have you. Oh, I found this statement particularly amusing as well.

My memory is horrible since my son was born and I honestly can't recall if it was the '11 or '12 league I played in. :lol:

I've got an 8 month old daughter, and I've been saying this exact same thing since she was born. My memory and attention to detail has just been obliterated. So, expect lots of typos and whatnot as the league progresses! lol :)

ok sounds good N8 i will just drop the other league and make this one my for sure league then i rather be in a league where i can actually get some wins in the other league raped me last year. and since this league doesnt have guys like doom deuce sprice in it i might have an actual chance at a super bowl here so just count me as a gentlemens league only guy. my stripper name will be diasy lol

Haha, all right, man. Sounds good. I know it's a big commitment, but we will grow this league. I have no intention of rivaling the official league, but hopefully we can carve out our own niche. Competing over there is definitely an incredible challenge considering the select few who have actually won titles. Looking forward to getting my hands on the demo soon!

#26 HydroX

HydroX

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yeah, definitely count me in over here. I'm taking my talents to South Beach. ;)

Oh man... my memory was bad enough before my son (who turns 2 today) was born. It's just obliterated now.

I'll keep checking in obsessively, especially now that I have NCAA Football 13 to practice with.. kind of.

#27 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'll probably play here, I signed up for the official league too
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

hey blade u taking the lions again this year

#29 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Well, it looks like the other league will be figuring out its spots pretty soon. Based on the numbers they have over there, they might not even have to do a lottery. If that's true, we'll probably have a fair number of spots over here for people who want to play in both leagues.

HOWEVER, I do still want to give team priority to people who are only playing in this league. And my opinion is that it would be fair for that to even include league veterans. I don't know how everyone will feel about that, but what I want to avoid is people who view this as a "secondary league" locking up top team preferences. I feel like people who are only playing over here have more of a right to those good teams. So, that would make the team selection order look something like this:

1. Veteran and only playing in this league (can keep their team or select new one)
2. New player only playing in this league.
3. Veteran playing in both leagues.
4. New player playing in both leagues.

In my opinion, that's the most fair way to do things. For any category that has multiple members, the selection order will be randomly decided. Thoughts?

#30 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

BEEN THINKING AND IM GOING TO JUST STICK WITH THE COWBOYS THIS YEAR. MAYBE GET AMERICAS TEAM THERE 6TH SUPERBOWL WIN. lol

also been looking at the new verision of onlnie franchise aka connected careers looks like running a league is going to be alot harder and looks like there might be alot of this to talk about this year with acutal contracts and salary caps its going to be rough. unless we dont use there cap style that is if u can even make it so u dotn have to use cap so we can run our own system. also wonderign what happens if ur team fires u as the coach would that result u in getting removed from the league. im hoping EA sports thought everything thru with all this new stuff. it could ruin a league if people as coachs got fired and couldnt remain in the there leagues

Edited by DVO21, 05 August 2012 - 11:42 PM.