$1 PSP UMD Movies at Dollar Tree!!!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#1 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Not really a DVD, Blu-ray or HD-DVD deal, so I guess I'll be putting it in this forum. Noticed Rent and Starship Troopers at my local store. Didn't look for long since I don't have a PSP.

Anyone know if these are flippable anywhere?

#2 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

About as flippable as VHS, thanks for the heads up though!

#3 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

Cool, I haven't been to my local Dollar Tree in a long time. Might have to go check it out. I never leave places like that empty handed, even if I don't find UMD movies. I remember several years ago finding Gameboy Advance games at a place similar to Dollar Tree, but they weren't titles worth mentioning.

#4 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

I needed to pick up some stuff there this week and this gives me a reason to go by tommorow.

#5 DemiFiendRSA

DemiFiendRSA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:16 AM

do they have the new Madea movie on PSP?? if so then ill buy on

I don't think so. Hollywood stop production on UMD movies years ago due to poor sales.
Save $5 off your first purchase at glyde.com

#6 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

Sold, much like vinyl, UMDs are making a come back. I will check it out, for a Buck I can always buy and record them using analog loop hole and put em in my server.

#7 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Lol, i remember when these were super cheap on the side of the registers at Gamestop. Last i heard they ended up tossing most of them in the dumpster
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

whats funny is I just picked up a few of these at GS a few weeks back for my younger boy, because I gave him my psp when I got the vita and we were doing a few trips in the car. He loves the movies, I got like spiderman 2 and 3, cloudy with chance meatballs, there are still some good ones out there.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Man, remember when these used to be advertised in commercials along with the DVD and Blu releases? What a ridiculous format.
Posted Image

where scoob

#10 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

If my local stores have them...and have anything decent...I'm totally all over this for some stuff to watch on my psp. Thanks OP!

#11 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Lol, i remember when these were super cheap on the side of the registers at Gamestop. Last i heard they ended up tossing most of them in the dumpster

they're still sold at all my local gamestops

#12 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Sort of wish I had one of those stores around me now. I've never watched a movie on umd but that's a really good deal.

#13 tubtub

tubtub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

They trade to amazon for $2-4 each depending on title. Some are less than $1 but many are more. Quick way to flip them

#14 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

The Gamestops in my area still sells them for about 5-10 dollars. Lol. The only ones I enjoyed were Big Daddy, Godzilla: Final Wars, and FF7: Advent Children.

#15 ShirtSizeXXXLXT

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Fluffernutter 4LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

I have a few Viva La Bam UMD's and Chris Farley SNL and a few other good ones. I will check my Dollar Tree out tomorrow! Gamestop might still have UMD's, but they are still overpriced.

ShirtSizeXXXLXT.jpg

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#16 ChuckyDJ

ChuckyDJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

All gamestops here still carry them as well. The gamecube selection is what is drying up here right now.

#17 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Does anyone know of other retailers besides dollar tree that sell $1 dvds and the like? There is no dollar tree within 100 miles of me so I'm looking for some alternatives.

#18 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

Does anyone know of other retailers besides dollar tree that sell $1 dvds and the like? There is no dollar tree within 100 miles of me so I'm looking for some alternatives.

My local PathMark had a bunch of Sonny Chiba movies for $2.

#19 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

I had a few UMD movies at one point. Only ever watched them when flying. I remember getting a horrified look from the lady passenger next to me when she watched a bit of "Perfect Blue" over my shoulder. :lol:

All gamestops here still carry them as well. The gamecube selection is what is drying up here right now.

Mine are the exact opposite. There are only a few UMD movies on the PSP rack but there's still a ton of GameCube stuff. (The good stuff is either absent or priced too high, though.)

#20 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Such a stupid format, but I like getting these when they're nice and cheap. At that price, they're worth it just for the cases alone.

#21 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Such a stupid format, but I like getting these when they're nice and cheap. At that price, they're worth it just for the cases alone.

When the Sony store had a clearance, I grabbed a couple of the 97 cent movies, but there wasn't much of a selection left. People in the threads were literally talking about clearing out the shelves and actually throwing away the movies and keeping the cases, though. That type of thing totally sucks for people that are actually looking to watch the movies on their PSPs...especially since they're all discontinued and getting hard to find new. Hopefully, if my Dollar Tree carries them, I'll score at least a few decent titles before someone pulls something like that.

#22 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

They released Ghostbusters on UMD, So that justifies the whole format right there.

#23 SINNED

SINNED

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Where are these magical dollar tree stores that sell games and movies. Mine never have them.

#24 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

When the Sony store had a clearance, I grabbed a couple of the 97 cent movies, but there wasn't much of a selection left. People in the threads were literally talking about clearing out the shelves and actually throwing away the movies and keeping the cases, though. That type of thing totally sucks for people that are actually looking to watch the movies on their PSPs...especially since they're all discontinued and getting hard to find new. Hopefully, if my Dollar Tree carries them, I'll score at least a few decent titles before someone pulls something like that.

Yeah, that's pretty lame. As silly as the format may be to me, I still keep any movies/shows that are decent (in fact, I bought the Aeon Flux series not too long ago because it was cheap). I've always hated being wasteful, so if I ever come into possession of any that I don't want (and I just want to keep the cases), I make sure the discs go to a good home and I recycle the inserts if nobody wants them. If I can't get anybody to take the discs, I find ways to recycle those as well.

#25 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Any other movies or games found besides the aforementioned titles?

Posted Image

#26 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

About as flippable as VHS, thanks for the heads up though!

And everything needs to be flippable?

#27 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

And everything needs to be flippable?

He was answering the OP's question.

#28 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

He was answering the OP's question.

That WV Matsui is a dick!!!!

#29 Very Unclever

Very Unclever

Pine cone liquor, for chuggin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

I went into my local store today. no UMD's but they did get a large selection of hardback books in. I picked up four nice National Geographic hardbacks.

Nice consolation prize if anything.

#30 BlizzardCyclone

BlizzardCyclone

CAGS are HERE!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

I just got back from Dollar Tree 2 of 3 here in Jersey lol. Picked up 16 titles for the hell of it. (1 of every umd they had)
1. Gridiron Gang
2. Angels and Demons
3. 7 Seconds
4. To Die For
5. Guess Who
6. Godzilla
7. National Security
8. Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
9. Lords of Dogtown
10. Little Man
11. Walk Hard: Dewey Cox Story
12. Charlie's Angels
13. Hollow Man
14. Bewitched
15. Fired Up
16. Spider-Man: Animated Series - The Mutant Menace

A fun fact though for those asking where these came from. There was actually one resealed Charlie's Angels with a GameStop Sticker on it. Guess GS got something for them after all lol

Posted Image