Rage, Fallout: NV (PC) $6, 3D Dot Heroes (PS3) $10, Diablo 3 $50 + fs @Newegg

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Discounted prices are valid till 07/30/2012.
All of the following :shipfree: and are eligible for Shoprunner.

Diablo III Standard Edition (PC /Mac) $49.99
:pc:Rage $5.99 (Steamworks)
:pc:Fallout: New Vegas $5.99 (Steamworks)
:360:Gears of War 3 $19.99
:360:Kung Fu High Impact $14.99
:ps3:3D Dot Game Heroes $9.99 (Not eligible for Shoprunner)

Edited by Bosamba, 24 July 2012 - 06:52 PM.
3D Dot Heroes back in stock

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

In for Rage at that price.

#3 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Got Rage - Steamworks, so really just buying the key for $6. Thanks OP!

#4 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks OP. Getting Rage along with the Darkness for $9.99. My wife is going to kill me for buying these after what I spent on the Steam sale. Does buying a copy of Rage off the shelf give you the Anarchy Edition when you redeem the Steam key?

#5 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Bit on Rage, Thanks!
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#6 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Kung Fu: High Impact is a very overlooked and underrated kinect title and one of my top favs.

It really gets you moving while keeping fun factor in tact. I reccomend checking it out.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#7 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

$6 for Rage? Sure, why not.

Thanks, OP.

#8 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

fyi OP, New Vegas is steamworks as well

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#9 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Dammit i have been looking for 3D dot game heroes at that price!
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#10 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Rage retail has a much higher chance of having the Anarchy Edition DLC and the Sewers Mission stuff.

Those DLCs are hardly necessary. The game itself is solid, but it is nice to have them. The extra car is worthless and only for the low tier and only really functions as something else to spend race winnings on (And since the racing is horribly boring, the race winnings are limited by your patience.), the double barreled shotgun is mediocre in a game where the shooting should shine, but the upgraded bonus suit and the melee buff are fun to have.

So essentially you have a good chance of getting something better than Steam will EVER sell you. And if that retail key activates the DLC, then the extra DLC codes that come with it can be freely given away. At least my retail copy came with that mistake: The main CD key HAD the DLC, but there were two extra codes for the DLC already bundled into the main key. Free codes for those that bought on Steam!
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#11 Grinchy

Grinchy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Man I am somewhat interested in RAGE for $6 but I'm still not even sure about biting. I keep reading bad things about how it runs on AMD cards.

#12 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

Thanks OP, grabbing Rage despite the 43 cents in tax I get hit with. I was gonna wait on a $5 winter sale, but this works.
Posted Image

#13 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Rage retail has a much higher chance of having the Anarchy Edition DLC and the Sewers Mission stuff.

Those DLCs are hardly necessary. The game itself is solid, but it is nice to have them. The extra car is worthless and only for the low tier and only really functions as something else to spend race winnings on (And since the racing is horribly boring, the race winnings are limited by your patience.), the double barreled shotgun is mediocre in a game where the shooting should shine, but the upgraded bonus suit and the melee buff are fun to have.

So essentially you have a good chance of getting something better than Steam will EVER sell you. And if that retail key activates the DLC, then the extra DLC codes that come with it can be freely given away. At least my retail copy came with that mistake: The main CD key HAD the DLC, but there were two extra codes for the DLC already bundled into the main key. Free codes for those that bought on Steam!

God damn it, I had just talked myself out of buying it too. :lol: Well I'll see. I don't even know if I will ever play it but it sounds like a really good deal.

steam_sig.png

#14 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

RAGE PC is really good, even despite its technical issues and lack of a real ending.

Worth noting:
PC version comes on 3 DVD's and takes up around 24GB of HDD space!
So, for some, Retail Box version is the way to go.
That should and would save a fair deal of download time - especially if you do NOT have a blazing Internet connection.

#15 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

The DLC is just, like, worth a dollar tops (What it is PRICED is another thing.). The ONLY thing that makes it extraordinary is that it just isn't for sale on Steam yet, maybe forever. I think you can buy it for consoles.

Someone in another thread said that buying it on Steam gets you the sewer missions by default, but I have not verified it. Sewer missions are just one-off generic levels where you fight mutants for some decent loot if you find the concealed sewer hatches. On console, this comes with the game new.

Anarchy Pack is just one new car, fists upgrade, suit that has the bonuses of all three suits that you can select from at the start, and double barreled shotgun. None of this is worth much, but it's nice to have.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#16 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

RAGE PC is really good, even despite its technical issues and lack of a real ending.

Worth noting:
PC version comes on 3 DVD's and takes up around 24GB of HDD space!
So, for some, Retail Box version is the way to go.
That should save a fair deal of download time.

I thought Steam would just redownload it all anyway? I saw some people on the Newegg reviews complaining about that. Or is it just the updates it downloads.

Usually anything Steam I don't even bother with an outside install and just plug in the key.

steam_sig.png

#17 UNDERSTAR

UNDERSTAR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I haven't been following Rage on the PC but I knew when it came out. It was shipped with horrible optimization at the time and hardly playable. What is the state of this game right now?

#18 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

I thought Steam would just redownload it all anyway? I saw some people on the Newegg reviews complaining about that. Or is it just the updates it downloads.

Force the game to install from the discs. That's how I did it.

And once that disc-install is done, let the game do its download updates through Steam.

Usually anything Steam I don't even bother with an outside install and just plug in the key.

I have a Net connection that does 2-3 MB per sec on download.
Trust me - took like 40 mins to install the game from the discs.

Otherwise, we're looking at a 2-3 hours DL for me from Steam...

#19 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Poop, kinda want Rage now.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#20 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Dammit i have been looking for 3D dot game heroes at that price!

I thought it was strange that when I first posted the sale @9:14 AM it was already out of stock, but I just checked and it's back in! Updating the OP.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#21 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

FYI I just got the shipping confirmation email and It said this on my Rage Order "BETHESDA RAGE: ANARCHY EDITION PC" =D Looks they are sending out the Anarchy Edition

#22 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I really don't see Rage dropping to $5 on Steam during the Winter sale so this is probably the cheapest it'll be this year.

#23 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Are there any mods for Rage?

Is it worth it if I already have the special version for the 360?

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#24 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Are there any mods for Rage?

Is it worth it if I already have the special version for the 360?

Depends on your PC power (i.e. you better have a high-end PC), if you want PC KB/mouse controls, and like dealing w/ Steam.
RAGE PC is NOT the best running game, technically. It is NOT a great PC port, to be honest.
Even despite the above & the lack of a proper ending, RAGE is a pretty good game.

#25 GBKeroberos

GBKeroberos

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

I bought Rage for Xbox 360 for $4.99 using a BB @GAMER coupon, and acquired it online to play on PC (coupon was 360/PS3 only)... this makes me want to buy a 2nd copy for PC now.

Same thing with Fallout: NV (not @GAMER but I have it for 360), haha. So pointless, but so cheap...
R.I.P. Captain Jack 1962-2005

#26 dEvAnGeL

dEvAnGeL

sHaMe oN yOu!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

i have a rage key available, i bought the game on best buy without knowing a friend gift me the game on steam, only thing i used was the DLC, if anyone is interested please let me know, would let it go for 6

#27 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

FYI - Received my copy today, listed on the invoice as (mentioned earlier) the Anarchy Edition, but it's definitely not. Only code(s) are the serial number and the wasteland sewer (and an ad for Prey 2...lol)...

I don't mind that much, but just throwing that out there for people on the fence...

#28 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Try activating the game on Steam and then checking under the DLC section -- people in the Steam thread are reporting that despite not being the Anarchy edition Steam is giving the Anarchy DLC to basically anyone who activates a retail copy.

#29 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Try activating the game on Steam and then checking under the DLC section -- people in the Steam thread are reporting that despite not being the Anarchy edition Steam is giving the Anarchy DLC to basically anyone who activates a retail copy.

Ah fair enough, will give a go, thanks! Well, after I clear up some HDD space that is(should've known a TB wouldn't be enough, lol...)

#30 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Might be able to check without actually installing, too. Just check the library entry after activating.