Photo
- - - - -

Play-Asia Free Shipping - All Orders $25-200 Under 0.75kg *Updated*

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:42 AM

All orders between $25 and $200 under 0.75kg will have an option for free Air Economy Bubble shipping at checkout. They encourage multiple orders if you go over these limits with multiple items. Please note: Air Economy Bubble shipping can take up to 21 days. In my experiences, it usually takes about 1-2 weeks.

NEW: Air Economy Box shipping is now available for $0.50. Max order price is now at $200.

More details here: http://www.play-asia...-3kv-49-en.html

Free shipping will be available on all orders that meet the criteria until the end of August. This should be pretty useful though since shipping tends to kill some deals at ~$4-5 an item. This does work with weekly deals.

Edited by Auburn, 27 July 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#2 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

good, I pick up never dead and inversion

#3 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

Always been interested in this site, so free shipping might definitely come in handy. Thanks OP.

#4 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Why couldn't this happen when I had money!!!!

WHAT?! 21 days.... Hell no!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#5 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Why couldn't this happen when I had money!!!!

WHAT?! 21 days.... Hell no!

It is coming from Japan. :P And like I said, it usually doesn't take that long. 90% of my orders usually arrive within 10 days from the ship date.

#6 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

I've been looking to import some of Insomniac's games, this is really helpful! Thanks!

EDIT: Holy balls, I know Japan is known for keeping they're used games in good condition but this is ridiculous! Gonna have to look elsewhere, WAY too expensive for me.

Edited by Devil May Cry, 27 July 2012 - 08:10 AM.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#7 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

Thanks OP. I'm really tempted to pick up Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection.

#8 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've been looking to import some of Insomniac's games, this is really helpful! Thanks!

EDIT: Holy balls, I know Japan is known for keeping they're used games in good condition but this is ridiculous! Gonna have to look elsewhere, WAY too expensive for me.

If you're excited for the Ratchet and Claink Trilogy, you can pick up the Asian version with full English for only $42.90.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-4zgr.html

#9 missingno81

missingno81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Are there any unused coupon codes for this deal?

#10 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I wouldn't recommend that shipping method. In my experience, it's not very good. I chose that option once, and not only did my package take forever to arrive, but it was pretty beat up by the time it got here.

UPS is more expensive, but it arrives much quicker and is much better protected upon arrival. Also, it includes a tracking number.

#11 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

I wouldn't recommend that shipping method. In my experience, it's not very good. I chose that option once, and not only did my package take forever to arrive, but it was pretty beat up by the time it got here.

UPS is more expensive, but it arrives much quicker and is much better protected upon arrival. Also, it includes a tracking number.

I've ordered dozens of item with the bubble or box shipping and I have never had a single issue. If you're concerned, add the 50 cents per order to get it sent in a box as that will be the most damage resistant.

#12 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

If you're excited for the Ratchet and Claink Trilogy, you can pick up the Asian version with full English for only $42.90.

...or you could get the US version for $29.99 shipped @ Amazon.

#13 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

You're buying things internationally from Japan.

You know how weak the US dollar is, right?

#14 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

It is coming from Japan. :P And like I said, it usually doesn't take that long. 90% of my orders usually arrive within 10 days from the ship date.

Play-Asia is based out of Hong Kong, not Japan. The shipping time is correct, usually takes about 10 days or so. Give or take.

#15 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I only import if there is a difference between the games in either cover art or title. I also tend to wait a little for a deal or price drop. I'll probably stick to a US release first, and then look up some other regions' versions for differences.

I know but it just really hits deep when you see the numbers getting crunched. I don't import much so I gotta to get adjusted to it every damn time :cry:

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

#16 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

...or you could get the US version for $29.99 shipped @ Amazon.

Some people like to pay a little bit more to get stuff early. $12 isn't much to get a game early, especially when the total is still ~$40.

#17 Clownzilla

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Even when the yen is weak these games are expensive. I think Japanese games are priced higher to begin with.
Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

#18 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Even when the yen is weak these games are expensive. I think Japanese games are priced higher to begin with.

For new games, yes. That's why Persona 4 Arena is going to be region locked, they want people buying the JP copy rather than importing the cheaper US copy.

For used games, even more so. As far as I know, there is no rental system over there. So people keep their games in pristine condition (most of the time).

ZuREZ44.jpg

#19 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

Thanks op. Picked up two of the Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza) games that weren't released in the US (Kenzan and Shinshou)

#20 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

Anyone know if the regular $5 off $60 coupons can be used alongside this deal?
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#21 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

Is this automatic? I tried ordering a book that is .45kg but shipping shows up as $9 (mailer) and $11 (box).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#22 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmm, kind of tempted to get this, though I wouldn't mind finding a coupon first to make it discounted further, but as I recall, the lowest coupon they have is $5 off $60 or more & it's $49.90. Part of me wants to wait for a sale to happen.

What's the normal price for their cheapest shipping option?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

The free shipping deal seems to still be active! I placed a couple orders for games at Play-Asia over the past few days, and everything qualified for free (and $0.50 box) shipping. (ETA: Rather, all the items were eligible. My first order was for one game that happened to be just under the $25 mark, so no free shipping for that one :-|)

Edited by blueshinra, 11 September 2012 - 06:30 PM.

sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: PAX Prime 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#24 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Oh hey, the game I want now qualifies for free shipping. Already got some games this week, but I'll think it over. Still wish I could use some coupon.
Posted ImagePosted Image