Photo
- - - - -

Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror (BR+DVD) - $13.72 Preorder @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

I've heard good things about this anime movie releasing 8/14, both in terms of its 3D animation (courtesy of Production I.G.) and original plot. You can preorder it here. By comparison, the standard DVD edition is about $1 cheaper.

I did find a 9/10 review here, for those interested.

Edited by Vigilante, 06 August 2012 - 08:42 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#2 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

I saw a trailer for this with Fractale and thought it looked great. I've since read up on the title and am really excited to sit down and watch this with my kids. We've had it preordered since early July. :)

YMMV, but buying from Rightstuf will often net you titles well in advance of the street date.

#3 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Down to $13.72.

#4 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Another review here. If I had extra cash I'd probably pick this up.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#5 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Friend of my got it early at Otakon during the last weekend of July, he said it was great. Went ahead and pre ordered it, showed him the Amazon page, and he wished he did the same. The Funimation booth had FYE/Suncoast as their seller, and yeah, prices were sky high.

#6 victant

victant

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for the op and the bump!!

#7 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Got my copy a day early from Amazon this morning. I know some people probably got their copy early from RightStuf (they seem to be known for doing that lately, but Amazon's price was better). I'll check out the movie tonight.

#8 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Funimation uploaded the movie to youtube if people want to check it out before buying:

I enjoyed it enough to order a copy after watching it!

#9 argyle

argyle

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

This is my first time seeing this thread, but after watching the trailer on Amazon, I'm sold! :)
Posted Image

#10 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

According to some European guy on Amazon, apparently they had a 3D version of this in Japan/Europe? Not that I'd be able to watch it, it just makes you wonder if Funimation will ever bother with it. I'm fine with 2D Blu unless I get some sort of bargain with a 3D TV or w/e, but still, figured I'd let people know.