Photo
- - - - -

L.A. Noire sale Best Buy ($9.99 pre-owned console version, $14.99 Complete on PC)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 deadlyart

deadlyart

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

The Best Buy website has a sale on L.A. Noire, presumably for the week:

$9.99 for pre-owned Xbox360 and PS3 (not the Complete Edition)
$14.99 for the Complete Edition on PC

The store I went to matched the online price for the PS3 version despite it being on the shelf for $17.99 pre-owned.

http://www.bestbuy.c...960&st=la noire

#2 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=317670

Also, if you have the $5 off used games coupon from @Gamer magazine, you may be able to get it for $5. But that's YMMV because I'm sure it would require a manager override.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3 killer9

killer9

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Great game everyone should buy it

GameFly is off the hook! Get 1 free month by using my link!

http://gamefly.tella...com/a/clk/dP7nv

#4 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

yes, posters mention price online does not adjust instore, you are going to near override

#5 VA

VA

Do my nipples frighten you?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

What would happen if you bought it online as pick up at store and then presented the coupon at the service desk at the BM store.

#6 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hold on... why aren't online prices good in-store? they only time I've ever seen that happen is with outlet center items.

#7 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

What would happen if you bought it online as pick up at store and then presented the coupon at the service desk at the BM store.

I'm pretty sure they would have to cancel the original purchase, then ring you up again with the coupon. Except when they ring you up the 2nd time, they system is gonna try and charge you $17.99, so you'll need to get some type of override to get them to match the $9.99 online price, then you'll need to hope the coupon works or if it doesn't, they'll have to override that for you too.

You'll pretty much run into the exact same problems as you would if you just went in and tried to buy it, I would think.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#8 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hold on... why aren't online prices good in-store? they only time I've ever seen that happen is with outlet center items.

Not sure, the guy above you posted in the other thread that the $9.99 price wasn't working in stores. Maybe they've updated it since he went in....

#9 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

One of very few games that I couldn't finish. Would have loved if they had implemented more shooting scenarios into the game. The animations (at least relating to facial expressions) was truly top notch.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#10 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Gonna get a $5 PS3 copy, just to have around, if they ever put the $9.99 price throughout the systems so I don't have to PM and have the system reject my coupon afterwards, again.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#11 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

This game isn't worth more than $5.
Posted Image

#12 mikehalc

mikehalc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

This game isn't worth more than $5.

Different strokes. I LOVE this game.

#13 Jayrcee

Jayrcee

CAG Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Swung by and picked up a copy for $5. Had them match .com and used my coupon, no problem. Thanks OP!

#14 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Different strokes. I LOVE this game.

Same here - I liked it so much I bought the season pass for all the DLC.

I do wish more time should have been spent on the Black Dahlia murders part of the game though. Really an entire game could have been devoted to investigating the Black Dahlia murders.

#15 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

My BestBuy wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon on this game since they said games on sale don't stack with coupons. Bleh. :(

#16 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

My BestBuy wouldn't let me use the $5 off coupon on this game since they said games on sale don't stack with coupons. Bleh. :(

did they read the back of the coupon since it's says coupons work with sale prices.

#17 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

did they read the back of the coupon since it's says coupons work with sale prices.

Yeah but the person in charge told me he can't stack it. I dunno with them but I guess I'm gonna try a different BB branch.

#18 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

Yeah but the person in charge told me he can't stack it. I dunno with them but I guess I'm gonna try a different BB branch.

When you run into issues like this with uniformed staff & you happen to purchase from the store too fillout the feedback section on the receipt to prevent it from becoming/continuing to be an ongoing issue.

Also, when you enter the store there's usually a board with pics/contact info for the store manager and/or marketing/promo managers alerting them of this type of stuff should make it more known about how the deals need to work.

#19 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

When you run into issues like this with uniformed staff & you happen to purchase from the store too fillout the feedback section on the receipt to prevent it from becoming/continuing to be an ongoing issue.

Also, when you enter the store there's usually a board with pics/contact info for the store manager and/or marketing/promo managers alerting them of this type of stuff should make it more known about how the deals need to work.

Wouldn't it be more effective for Best Buy to make their pre-owned deals of the week ring up correctly in-store? I mean, this is a long standing issue, this obviously has to be assumed intentional functionality at this point. Using the pre-owned coupons on pre-owned deals of the week in-store is YMMV because Best Buy intentionally makes it YMMV, they could make it ring up correctly at anytime if they wanted to.

#20 vanmetumqr

vanmetumqr

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Not a bad game will probably buy it! Thanks! http://www.vanmetumqr.co.cc/gudidea/

#21 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wouldn't it be more effective for Best Buy to make their pre-owned deals of the week ring up correctly in-store? I mean, this is a long standing issue, this obviously has to be assumed intentional functionality at this point. Using the pre-owned coupons on pre-owned deals of the week in-store is YMMV because Best Buy intentionally makes it YMMV, they could make it ring up correctly at anytime if they wanted to.

Preaching to the choir but don't confuse intentional with incompetence I really believe they just need a complete company rework from the ground up. Here's the response I got when suggesting a system upgrade.

http://forums.bestbu...uy/idi-p/547674

And here's when another person just recently asked the same ? you should voice your thoughts here to make them more aware of how big of a problem it is that way they can make changes.
http://forums.bestbu...-p/558718#M1135

#22 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

The complete edition is $19.99 at Target. If you like Noire, Id recommend just getting that as the extra content will be worth it
Posted Image

#23 SkullFreak

SkullFreak

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

I bought it about 6 months ago at walmart for $19.99(NEW) the Complete Edition. On september 2 Gamestop had a extra 50% on trade-ins so I got $11 + $5.5(50%promo) + $1.1(Powerup card 10%) For a total of $17.60 so I owned it for 2.39, that is better than a rental :-)

#24 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Please don't bump old threads like this (yes, i know I am right now :/) and get people excited about a deal...

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah