#1 Static Stranger

Static Stranger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Beyond: Two Souls Preorder $52.48 @ amazon.com link below
http://www.amazon.co...d two souls ps3

Just saw this so I thought I'd share.

Edited by quinn187, 11 August 2012 - 04:19 AM.
Price went back up

208657.png

#2 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

This game looked so amazing at E3.

#3 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Pretty good, but I'm sure someone will have a $10-$20 credit or Newegg will have it for $48.

#4 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

If I had a PS3 I'd buy this for sure.
Posted Image

#5 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

^even still, you can always cancel from amazon if something better comes around. I'm in for 1, thanks

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

In for one!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Game looks awesome. Thanks OP.

CBrownsT10.png

#8 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

This game looks amazing but I can't get over its title. I always I have to think for a second which game it is lol.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#9 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Nope should be $47.99 at newegg sooner or later, plus Amazon charges me tax now all the sudden. Newegg wins.

#10 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Thanks, OP. I pre-ordered but will cancel and reorder if a better price hits. Please, NewEgg?

This game looks amazing but I can't get over its title. I always I have to think for a second which game it is lol.

I know, it's a pretty generic-sounding title. I keep envisioning some bizarre cross between Beyond Good & Evil, Two Worlds and Demon's/Dark Souls.

#11 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

I know, it's a pretty generic-sounding title. I keep envisioning some bizarre cross between Beyond Good & Evil, Two Worlds and Demon's/Dark Souls.

BG&E/Demon/Dark Souls cross would be epic, Two Worlds not so much. :D

But having beaten Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy this is a must buy for muah. Freaking loved both of them and this looks really cool.

#12 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thank you sir!
Spoiler

#13 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, OP! I can always cancel later on. :D

Hopefully Amazon adds a $20 credit or something to this to make it an even better deal. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#14 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

In for one. Thanks for the heads up OP.
Posted Image

#15 david69

david69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Yeah, I'm in on this! Thanks OP!

#16 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Locked it in. Thanks for the heads up OP!
Posted Image

#17 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

Not sure why it's ~$8 off, but my existing pre-order will take it ha.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#18 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Comments on YouTube after E3 make me call this Juno: The Video Game.

#19 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Is it dead? I'm seeing $59.96

#20 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Is it dead? I'm seeing $59.96

It most certainly is dead. Amazon realized that they accidentally had a game for non-MSRP and had to put a stop to it immediately. Sort of like how they removed the Borderlands 2 $10 credit that was there for like a year.

#21 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

This game looked so amazing at E3.

You mean the trailer?

#22 twztid13

twztid13

Infinite backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

It most certainly is dead. Amazon realized that they accidentally had a game for non-MSRP and had to put a stop to it immediately. Sort of like how they removed the Borderlands 2 $10 credit that was there for like a year.

Just wait until they realize they aren't charging the rest of y'all tax on your purchases, lol.

#23 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

BG&E/Demon/Dark Souls cross would be epic, Two Worlds not so much. :D

But having beaten Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy this is a must buy for muah. Freaking loved both of them and this looks really cool.

Did you really love Indigo Prophecy, or did you (like me) love about two thirds of Indigo Prophecy? It *really* fell apart at the end to me.
Posted Image

#24 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

Did you really love Indigo Prophecy, or did you (like me) love about two thirds of Indigo Prophecy? It *really* fell apart at the end to me.

True the end part was kind a big clusterfuck. Heavy Rain was good from beginning to end though.

Not to troll but Amazon sucks nowadays IMO. Part of that is because I now have to pay tax (Texas) even though I've been ordering from them for around 7 or 8 years and never did before. But even besides the taxes Newegg pwns them on their prices anyway. I mean almost all Newegg preorders are $47.99 (no taxes for me) while Amazon was charging 52.92 then quickly corrects their "mistake"? Screw that. Newegg is the new Amazon and Amazon is the new Gamestop.

#25 nsxviper

nsxviper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

True the end part was kind a big clusterfuck. Heavy Rain was good from beginning to end though.

Not to troll but Amazon sucks nowadays IMO. Part of that is because I now have to pay tax (Texas) even though I've been ordering from them for around 7 or 8 years and never did before. But even besides the taxes Newegg pwns them on their prices anyway. I mean almost all Newegg preorders are $47.99 (no taxes for me) while Amazon was charging 52.92 then quickly corrects their "mistake"? Screw that. Newegg is the new Amazon and Amazon is the new Gamestop.

Don't blame Amazon for charging sales tax in Texas. It's your own state that's causing the problem. Every U.S. state hates it when people make purchases online because they don't have to pay sales tax. To solve that problem, your state went to the white house and complained to congress that Amazon is to blame for loss of revenue. Amazon somehow loses the unfair battle in court and gets slapped with a huge fine. Instead of paying that fine, Amazon and your state settled on an agreement to help create distribution centers which will help create jobs in the future and legally charge sales tax.

http://money.cnn.com...s-tax/index.htm

#26 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Just wait until they realize they aren't charging the rest of y'all tax on your purchases, lol.

That is also quite true, although at this point it makes no difference to me anyway since there is no way I'm paying MSRP for any game, tax or no tax, when places like Newegg and Best Buy are around.

#27 Aerc

Aerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I was able to snag this as a gold box deal a while ago. My preorder price is $56.99.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.

Edited by Aerc, 11 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

PrizeRebel Help me out by signing up for Prize Rebel so I can continue to do a weekly amazon gift card giveaway. In the process you'd be earning money too.

Posted Image

#28 Nitemare25

Nitemare25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Although I'm sure this game will be great, the trailer makes it kind of look like that last third of Indigo Prophecy, doesn't it? I even remember reading about the creator's reasoning behind the change from a supernatural story to a more realistic one in Heavy Rain (Quote:
Spoiler
), but it seems like, in some aspects, he pulled a 180 now. Oh well, like I said, I'm sure it'll be great.

Edited by Nitemare25, 11 August 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#29 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Don't blame Amazon for charging sales tax in Texas. It's your own state that's causing the problem. Every U.S. state hates it when people make purchases online because they don't have to pay sales tax. To solve that problem, your state went to the white house and complained to congress that Amazon is to blame for loss of revenue. Amazon somehow loses the unfair battle in court and gets slapped with a huge fine. Instead of paying that fine, Amazon and your state settled on an agreement to help create distribution centers which will help create jobs in the future and legally charge sales tax.

http://money.cnn.com...s-tax/index.htm

I didnt know that but honestly I don't care who's to blame, all I know is I pay 0 taxes with Newegg and I have to pay taxes with Amazon. Adding to the fact that Amazon charges more than Newegg anyway (which I CAN blame Amazon for) It's a no brainer for me to use Newegg.

#30 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I was able to snag this as a gold box deal a while ago. My preorder price is $56.99.

Edit: So, I tried talking to a CSR, and I was told that if the price drops, my order update. I sent a link to the camelcamelcamel page showing the price drop. I was then told that the price on the website is $59.99. I told them that the pre-order price guarantee says that if the price drops after my order is place and before it is shipped then I would received the lowest price. I then told them it did drop to $52.48 yesterday. Still wouldn't adjust my price.

That's a load of crap. They're denying you one of the most prominent video game promotions that they offer and they really shouldn't be. I would suggest trying again with different CS reps until you get someone who actually knows the Preorder Price Guarantee and is willing to alter your price accordingly.

If nothing happens after trying for awhile, I'd send an email to Amazon directly describing your situation.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi