Photo
- - - - -

CAGLS: Official NHL 13 No Hockey League - Playoffs! Rd 1 - Deadline 12/11!

• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

Poll: What regular season OT rules should we use?

What regular season OT rules should we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Posted Image

Hello, everybody! For the first time ever, the NHL series will be offering a true online franchise experience in NHL 13 with the new GM Connected mode. Multiple season progression, rookie scouting, blockbuster trades, free agency, AHL management, you name it. It's FINALLY going to be online! That makes this our chance to have a real, serious league for the first time.

I know there are a lot of hockey fans out there, and I'd love to have a full league. I only ask that people only sign up if they're serious about contacting opponents, scheduling games, and communicating in the thread. This is our opportunity to have something similar to the Madden and NCAA leagues on CAG, and can definitely be a lot of fun if people are committed to it.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, feel free to sign up and pick your favorite team!

League Rules and Policies

In general, the NHL series needs less guidelines than some of the other sports leagues. But there are still some areas people need to be aware of.

Playstyles
Spoiler

Skating Backward on Breakaways
Spoiler

Diving At The Goalie
Spoiler

Sportsmanship
Spoiler

Disconnects
Spoiler

Advancement
Spoiler

Free Agency
Spoiler

Trades
Spoiler

Communication
Spoiler

Enabling CPU Play (Required of ALL Teams)
Spoiler

Teams
Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability

Eastern Conference

Atlantic
New Jersey Devils | *OPEN*
New York Islanders | *OPEN*
New York Rangers | jza1218 | statnut28 | EST | ???
Philadelphia Flyers | Flyersfan | PsychedelicRock | ??? | ???
Pittsburgh Penguins | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | MST | ???

Northeast
Boston Bruins | GamerDude316 | Cydoniac | EST | Weeknights after 5:30-6:00 until 10:00, weekends are generally more flexible
Buffalo Sabres | Twick87 | twick87 | EST | anytime after 6pm mon-fri + anytime on weekends
Montreal Canadiens | mvp828 | AttackingMVP | EST | any time after 6PM est to 1 or 2 AM est
Ottawa Senators | *OPEN*
Toronto Maple Leafs | *OPEN*

Southeast
Carolina Hurricanes | *OPEN*
Florida Panthers | Mr_hockey66 | mr hockey66 | EST | everynight about 5-11 pn mon-Friday Saturday's and Sunday's any time
Tampa Bay Lightning | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | EST | ???
Washington Capitals | DestroVega | DestroVega | EST | pretty flexible
Winnipeg Jets | IndoAssassin | IndoAssassin | PST | Anyday except Tuesday, and Wednesday or other day that I get called into work

Western Conference

Central
Chicago Blackhawks | chriscolbert | chriscolbert | EST | ???
Columbus Blue Jackets | *OPEN*
Detroit Red Wings | Wpark83 | Wpark83 | EST | any night of the week after 8 or 9 EST, Sunday's I'm very flexible. Only days in the fall I can't play are Saturdays
Nashville Predators | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CST | Sun - 11AM-9PM CST, Mon-Thu - 5-9PM CST, Fri - 5PM-2AM CST, Sat - anytime
St. Louis Blues | sendme | shazo | CST | every other Saturday, Sunday and Monday, PM for specific availability

Northwest
Calgary Flames | *OPEN*
Colorado Avalanche | moojuice | moojuice | MST | between 10-12est weekdays, fairly open weekends. Can work my schedule around fairly easily weekdays after 7est with couple days notice
Edmonton Oilers | Captain OBVIOU5 | Captain OBVIOU5 | MST | ???
Minnesota Wild | Canbanana | Canbanana | CST | very flexible
Vancouver Canucks | ajh2298 | ajh2298 | EST | very flexible

Pacific
Anaheim Ducks | *OPEN*
Dallas Stars | *OPEN*
Los Angeles Kings | Matt Young | X Matt Young X | PST | ???
Phoenix Coyotes | garrett007 | garrett007 | EST | ???
San Jose Sharks | *OPEN*

Edited by CAGLeagueSports, 22 November 2012 - 06:38 AM.

Do you have what it takes to compete?

#2 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Reserved

#3 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Also, I didn't add Brandon or Alan yet because I wasn't sure if either of them would have a desire to play as Colorado, lol. I'm still waiting on the wrestling match in ice cream sandwich pudding. ;)

#4 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just you sent a PM, I'd love to play as the Bruins!

#5 Flyersfan

Flyersfan

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm in, think you know who I want lol.

#6 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

And with that, the first division rivalry is born, haha. I think it's awesome that this will finally incorporate CPU teams (as opposed to the strictly user vs user leagues that NHL had before). I vote for putting the CPU difficulty on the highest setting. At least that way, if divisions happen to be unbalanced, nobody will be getting any easy wins.

#7 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

What's really funny to me is how the favorite teams of the CAG Hockey Team's "regulars" are all in different divisions. You'd think we set it up that way so we can all meet in the playoffs, lol.

#8 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

I'm down for filling in as the Edmonton Oilers GM, It would be nice to get playing with you guys again. I didn't have the skill to play the EASHL with you guys, so this will be a great return to the CAG world for me.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#9 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'm down for filling in as the Edmonton Oilers GM, It would be nice to get playing with you guys again. I didn't have the skill to play the EASHL with you guys, so this will be a great return to the CAG world for me.

Awesome! It'll be great to have you back, man. Yeah, EASHL just got really restricting. When they made to where you could only play one game at a time, it just really limited that game mode. EA's argument was that it prevented teams from having a ridiculous number of games played...but last week, we ran into a team that had played over 3,800 games this year. For those of you doing the math at home...that's over 10 games a night...every single night.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to finally having a true franchise where it will be about more than just playing the game. Grooming players, making trades, and all that should be a lot of fun.

#10 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

This is a great next step for EA, it will allow for more people to get together instead of the limit you have in the EASHL when you get to a very competitive level. It will be great on paper, I just hope that EA can deliver. Looking forward to the 7th (yes I bought the Season Ticket for one game, I know I have issues)

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#11 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

This is a great next step for EA, it will allow for more people to get together instead of the limit you have in the EASHL when you get to a very competitive level. It will be great on paper, I just hope that EA can deliver. Looking forward to the 7th (yes I bought the Season Ticket for one game, I know I have issues)

Haha...don't feel bad. I'm probably going to get it this year too...for two games though: Madden and NHL. It's not a TERRIBLE deal if you play a lot of Ultimate Team.

#12 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have almost made the justification that having the game four days early is well worth the $25 parlay that with the CE edition of the game, I'm a sick man.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#13 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

I will porbably pick up season ticket as well this year. As for teams, Alan can have the Avs. I will take the Pens, as they did pretty well for me in our league last year.

#14 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Count Me In!!

I had some trouble finding a reliable internet connection last winter with the Madden JV League largely because the league really got going when I left school for semester break.

NHL is the game I play the most and when I heard Online Franchise was Going to Be A Feature, I wanted to join a league.

I will take the Chicago Blackhawks as My Team

#15 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nice! Division rivalries heating up! haha :bouncy:

Also, I'll let Alan confirm if he does want the Avs. Don't want to assume anybody wants to take a "not really the best" team, lol. ;)

#16 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

EA just posted this on their Facebook:

HUGE NHL 13 announcement coming tomorrow! We're proud to announce that on _______ you can _______!

Most people are guessing it's going to be a date for the demo. The Madden demo comes out tomorrow...so I'd think next Tuesday (8/21) at the earliest if that's it.

#17 Captain OBVIOU5

Captain OBVIOU5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

EA just posted this on their Facebook:

Most people are guessing it's going to be a date for the demo. The Madden demo comes out tomorrow...so I'd think next Tuesday (8/21) at the earliest if that's it.

That's the same thing they are speculating on the EA forums, the sooner the better.

Play Fair, Game Hard!

Posted Image

#18 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Nobody has taken my rivals yet! Hopefully somebody takes the Panthers or Caps.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#19 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Avs it is!
If w have a random draft or something similar I'll already have a better roster than the real Avs by default lol.

#20 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

If w have a random draft or something similar I'll already have a better roster than the real Avs by default lol.

Personally, I'd rather use the real rosters. But if enough people feel like randomly generated rosters would be better for fairness purposes, I'd understand. I guess to me, the ratings never seemed far enough apart in this game to REALLY make things too lopsided (unlike in Madden where the difference between the best and worst team would be like 30 points).

#21 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Count me in. I guess I'll take the Capitals. DestroVega for both. EST. I'm pretty flexible on availability.

I think random rosters would be pretty fun but whatever the majority wants is cool.

#22 DarkTower80

DarkTower80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I would rather use real rosters.

#23 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Thank you very much for putting me down for the Kings. I also would prefer to use real rosters.

Time Zone and Availability: I will be in Illinois from August 1st through the end of September, so I'll be in the Central time zone for about 2 and 1/2 weeks after the game comes out. I'll know my availability by the time the game's out.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#24 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Yeah I would also prefer real rosters, makes it feel a little more authentic to me.

Also I should probably note that in my availability, I should probably not have games start later than 10 PM EST Sun-Thursday. I'm up at 6 for work Mon-Fri and like to at least get 6 hours of sleep

#25 TheSportsGamer23

TheSportsGamer23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

I also would prefer real rosters.
As far a availability, during the week after 5-6 PM. On the weekends, generally whenever I am available. I am CST

#26 CAGLeagueSports

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

So far, it looks like real rosters has the edge. If that would make anybody want to switch teams, just say the word.

#27 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

I actually would prefer real rosters (have an idea what my guys are good at, though the answer is "not much" XD), fine either way.

#28 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Well, I hope the rosters are updated enough so I don't need a goalie. Hopefully Commodore is still there as well.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#29 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

I actually would prefer real rosters (have an idea what my guys are good at, though the answer is "not much" XD), fine either way.

Ok, cool. Glad we all seem to be on the same page. I do think using the real rosters will make things feel more authentic (especially when you factor in managing AHL clubs and whatnot). And for our first real franchise experience, that's something I'd like to have.

Well, I hope the rosters are updated enough so I don't need a goalie. Hopefully Commodore is still there as well.

Well, we'll probably do like most leagues and wait on the first roster update (assuming there's a season). And worst comes to worst, you could trade for a better goalie. I'm sure Stamkos would generate some interest. ;)

#30 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Ok, cool. Glad we all seem to be on the same page. I do think using the real rosters will make things feel more authentic (especially when you factor in managing AHL clubs and whatnot). And for our first real franchise experience, that's something I'd like to have.

Well, we'll probably do like most leagues and wait on the first roster update (assuming there's a season). And worst comes to worst, you could trade for a better goalie. I'm sure Stamkos would generate some interest. ;)

Well said Nate!