• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Pay what you want for:
  • Uplink (Android version is tablet only)
  • BIT.TRIP.BEAT
  • Spacechem (Android version is tablet only)
  • FieldRunners

Beat the Average to get:
  • Spirits
  • Anomaly: Warzone Earth*
  • EDGE*
  • Osmos*
  • World of Goo*
*If you purchased the bundle prior to August 22 at 10 AM PST you get these games regardless of whether or not you beat the average.

You must pay at least $1 to get Steam keys. There's one single Steam key to unlock all Pay What You Want games, one for Spirits, and one for the bonus (*) games.

Soundtracks are available for all games. In addition to Steam you can download the games DRM-free on PC, Mac, and Linux.

You can choose how your money is split up between the developers, the Humble people, and the listed charities by using sliders in the payment area.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Edited by louiedog, 22 August 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#2 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Interestingly, it launched with 18 bundles already sold. Which drove the average price up to $8.17 at launch.

#3 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Waiting for the BTA to go down so I can get Spirits. Thanks.

#4 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Interestingly, it launched with 18 bundles already sold. Which drove the average price up to $8.17 at launch.

Hrmmmm maybe if the average drops but I doubt I'm buying

#5 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I noticed that, as well, but the question is: Should we be suspicious of the Humble Bundle guys?

For what they offer, I'm not too concerned if they take some extra steps to make sure the beginning average keeps people from donating little and getting the bonus title.

#6 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

It's pretty steadily dropping with an occasional bump as someone pays a lot.

#7 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

The lowest I've seen it hit so far is around $5.68. It's been up and down over $5.75 right now. I went in at $6 when it was over $5.80ish to BTA. But it doesn't seem it'll get much lower than ~$5.75 for BTA. $6 is probably going to be a good bet of the lower side of the BTA price.

#8 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

BTW, they also have notes on the site that SpaceChem and Uplink are for tablets only.
Posted Image

#9 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

This. I've also described the HB launch in steam thread. Exactly 18 purchases. Uncool.

#10 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

This. I've also described the launch in steam thread. Exactly 18 purchases.

I've noticed this with previous bundles as well. I wouldn't care if they just came out and said, "We're going to set the average at $10 when bundles begin." instead of slipping in purchases before the public has a crack at it.

#11 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

Got a iphone, so don't really care about the Android copies at all, plus the lone game I don't have doesn't seem that interesting.

#12 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Pass. I got Fieldrunners for ten cents and have the others on Steam already. I wish they'd put some games I'd actually want like Elder Signs, Death Worm or a number of the Kairosoft games.

#13 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Pass. I got Fieldrunners for ten cents and have the others on Steam already. I wish they'd put some games I'd actually want like Elder Signs, Death Worm or a number of the Kairosoft games.

The tricky thing about these is the games have to be multi-platform. There aren't a ton of developers out there that have, or are willing to spend the time porting, games for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Android. Kairosoft would be nice as they already put some of their games on PC, but I don't think they've ever localized any of them for English speaking people.

#14 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hmmmm, at over five bucks I'd rather have Indie Royale than this... hopefully it drops though, but I suspect most people are like me and want Spirits the most out of all those games.

#15 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hmmmm, at over five bucks I'd rather have Indie Royale than this... hopefully it drops though, but I suspect most people are like me and want Spirits the most out of all those games.

Yeah, I just want Spirits & Fieldrunners. I'm gonna throw in for a buck right now, and if Spirits hasn't launched on steam in a couple of months, I'll come back and increase my donation to get the key for Spirits. If it does launch on steam, I'll probably just wait for it to go on sale.

#16 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I bought it against my better judgement. I loved field runners on my iPhone, I own bIt trip beat and uplink, didn't have space chem and wanted spirits. Hopefully the additional game they add later is decent.

#17 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

No interest in Spirits and I already own most of the other games. Might toss in $1 later to put a 'reserve' in for the bonus content. The BTA starts so high because Humble has their core followers that get in early with big donations. Expect it to surge a bit higher after the 'Bronies' get wind of it and put in their customary $1,000+

#18 krevee

krevee

Missed The Boat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

3 of the 5 games are for tablets, so I doubt I will get in on this one. But spirits does look good.

#19 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

Paid just to get them for my tablet with updates.
I already had all but 2 on Steam.

#20 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

meh.

That is all I have to say about this bundle.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#21 vherub

vherub

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

any sites with more info on spirits?

thanks

Edited by vherub, 16 August 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#22 JayMan8081

JayMan8081

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Does Spirits include a Steam key if you BTA?

#23 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hrm. Not sure there's much for me in this bundle. Would love (and hate) SpaceChem on my phone, but I don't know if it'll run on my phone (D/Ling the demo now to check.) Bit Trip and Field Runners would be nice to have, but... *shrug* I don't know. We'll see.

#24 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

any sites with more info on spirits?

http://www.spacesofplay.com/spirits/

That's the developer's site for it.

Yes.

steam_sig.png

#25 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yes. I've activated my key, it shows up in my library, and has an option for me to install it (I haven't installed it yet).

#26 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The price has not been dropping much. What is the cheapest you guys think it will be at?

#27 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Looking at Spirits more in depth it seems like Your Doodles Are Bugged or a similar game, just with more physics elements in place. The spirits look more like mushrooms...

#28 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

I already have everything but Spirits, which does not interest me, and Fieldrunners, which looks like fun but not enough to make me click the purchase button.

#29 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Is Spirits worth BTA honestly? Or will they add bonuses in a week later like a key for previous bundles like they have in the past.

This seems very "meh" for a Humble Bundle.

#30 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

The price has not been dropping much. What is the cheapest you guys think it will be at?

It never dropped below the $5.60 range, so around $6 is going to be a pretty good bet. Usually the average doesn't drop after the first day it seems.