U-Play $1 Daily Deals: Driver:SF, From Dust, HAWX2, Silent Hunter 5, 8/16-8/19

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#1 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Ubisoft is having a sale for Gamescom with daily deals Thursday to Sunday.

Thursday: HAWX2 $1
Tintin 75% off
Anno 2070 60%off

Friday: From Dust $1
Ass Creed 2 75% off
Ass Creed Brotherhood 75% off
Ass Creed Revelations 75% off
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands 75% off

Saturday: Silent Hunter 5 $1
Shawn White Skateboarding Deluxe Edition 75% off
Might and Magic Heroes VI 70% off
Heroes VI Pirates of the Savage Sea 25% off

Sunday: Driver: San Francisco $1
Settlers 7 Paths to a Kingdom: Deluxe Gold Edition 75% off
Splinter Cell: Conviction Deluxe 75% off

http://uplay.ubi.com...events/gamescom

Things to Know:
  • Must install Uplay.
  • Most games have offline modes. The games that can be played offline need to be activated online the first time and then can be played offline without limits.
  • Games bought through the Uplay site or client have no download limits.
  • Uplay stores your credit card information but it can be deleted from their records. They also accept paypal which does not give them CC info.
  • Games install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\installers\[game number]
  • Back up your installer folder to multiple locations if you want to archive the game. Once Uplay installs a game it deletes the install folder!
An exchange from Ubisoft's Twitter:

Games from the UbiShop webstore have a 30-day download period which can be extended. If it is a Uplay PC game
to your Uplay account, it can be downloaded through the Uplay client without restrictions. Which game?

[I replied that I was getting From Dust and wanted to confirm that once the game hit Uplay I could dl for 2 years]

FD is Uplay-enabled. There is no download window. Say if you get a new PC, all you do is install Uplay, login to the account...as many PCs as you like, as long as you use the same account you registered the game to. The 30-day download window is for non-Uplay-enabled game purchases through the UbiShop website.

[I then asked about the apparent lack of activation limits]

Uplay titles never did have activation limits. There are a couple of exceptions, but nothing serious

Posted Image

Thanks MysterD, nategator, Motoki, and others.

Edited by pantsattack, 19 August 2012 - 06:48 PM.
Added service details

#2 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

That's a great deal for Driver, I'd buy it if I didn't already have it on Steam.

#3 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

getting all the dollar ones, thanks.

#4 SoulKinetix

SoulKinetix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

cool, thanks

#5 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

Nice, glad I didn't make it over to Best Buy earlier this week for Driver .. things just have a way of working out.

#6 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Good looks, OP!

MARS

#7 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

From Dust is the only game I care about of those but I already got it on the Steam sale. Still, those are some great deals even if it is Uplay. I've never had a problem with Uplay.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#8 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

For $1, I will infect my PC with uPlay for Driver. I don't care if it's clean it's still infecting my PC with software I don't want.

$1 I can live with though.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#9 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

I've had bad experiences with UPlay. I think I'll skip on these, even for only $1.

#10 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:28 AM

If there was another game as good as Driver available I might jump on this. Sadly I already played Driver on 360, would have liked to play it on PC instead. I wonder how many people will try to horde $1 uplay keys like when Splinter Cell had a price mistake for a day or so and people were trying to resell those for $5-15 a piece after buying it for like $1. Weren't very many takers then...

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#11 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Thanks! Getting all the $1 ones. Already have Uplay installed from AssCred series.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

#12 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

can someone tell me about this site? whats the Uplay DRM like? Even the site is bugging me to install a plugin
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#13 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

I can't decide whether or not I want that crap on my PC for 2 games I don't really want to play that bad (HAWX 2 and Driver). I hear bad things about it.

Seems like I'll pass unless someone here changes my mind. :)

#14 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

can someone tell me about this site? whats the Uplay DRM like? Even the site is bugging me to install a plugin

MOAR DRM. Ubi pissed people off with always-online-DRM (on some games, eventually dropped on some games). There are probably other gripes. You might already have it if you own Assassins Creed games, Splinter Cell Conviction, or others.

#15 fastitocalon

fastitocalon

I am red cyclone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

Ubi is really milking the Settlers series, just released 7 a couple years ago and they are already at 78.

fs.png

Twitter #kelkeen

#16 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

Too many clients / drm, I will skip it but thanks for the head up.

I might buy Heroes as I am pretty sure it can be activated on steam.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#17 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Nice, been eyeing up HAWX 2 for a minute now, can't mess with one dollar (more DRM not withstanding). Plus I can finally redownload my penny copy of Splinter Cell (that one year to download rule they had before was ridiculous)
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#18 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I finished Driver on the Xbox 360, but I'll definitely buy a copy come Sunday for a $1. Thanks again OP!

#19 Meeza

Meeza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

A number of tempting deals but I'm not sure its worth the hassle of putting Uplay on my system. Most of those games have absurd DRM as well. Especially Anno 2070, 3 activations with no ability to deactivate...what a joke =\.

edit: But I suppose for $1 even if I can never play the game after installing it a few times it shouldn't be too bad (at least for the games that are actually $1).

#20 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

Too many clients / drm, I will skip it but thanks for the head up.

I might buy Heroes as I am pretty sure it can be activated on steam.

None of these activate on Steam. Almost nothing Ubisoft will activate on Steam with a couple of rare exceptions. Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes does but that one is not being offered here and it was made by different developer than the main series and just published by Ubi.

For those who don't know UPlay is Ubisoft's DRM which I guess is trying to be like Steam or Origin. It's caused a lot of controversy for requiring some games to be always constantly connected to the internet (and UPlay), having modes where you can only access certain items if you are playing always connected (like M&M Heroes VI) and last but not least, their browser plugin which installs itself to IE, Chrome, Firefox etc had some huge security holes in it that were discovered last month (and patched).

I guess some of these might be worth it for a dollar. I already have UPlay installed anyway because of a couple Ubi games I got gifted on Steam, but for those who don't have it installed I'm not sure it's worth getting another client and DRM on your system, especially one that's been plagued by down times and security issues.

Anyway, if you do get these games one word of advice. Activate them immediately then set UPlay to login at offline mode the next time. If you don't UPlay has been known to have some down times where people have not been able to activate their games and who knows if it will be up when you want to get around to playing the game.

I agree Meeza on Anno 2070 though. It has UPlay AND Tages with a 3 activation limit so that's a lot of really restrictive DRM. Also that game is coming up on a year old so they really need to stop being so chintzy with the sales. If it was a dollar I'd put up with their ridiculous DRM, but not for 60% off, no.

steam_sig.png

#21 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Got HAWX 2. Don't see anything that is 75% off that I would buy, but the dollar ones are good. There is a max 1 per account purchase and making an account is a hassle so I doubt anyone but big time dummies would try to hoard.

I figured I'd be installing uplay at some point so might as well get some cheap games out of it.

#22 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

I didn't have Uplay already, but I already had a Ubisoft account and I already have Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam, so it was only a matter of time. It's too bad I don't seem to get "U-credits" of whatever that weird currency is for all of the time I invested in Assassins Creed II on PS3. Anyway, these are fantastic deals for Silent Hunter 5 and Driver:SF and I'll probably pony up for From Dust at that price. Anybody know whether the always-connected bit has been patched out of Silent Hunter yet?

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#23 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I picked up HAWX 2 and plan on picking up From Dust tomorrow. My order went through, Paypal payment processed, I received an order confirmation, but when I click the findmyorder link to get download info, it says order cannot be found. Anyone else run into this issue?

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#24 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I picked up HAWX 2 and plan on picking up From Dust tomorrow. My order went through, Paypal payment processed, I received an order confirmation, but when I click the findmyorder link to get download info, it says order cannot be found. Anyone else run into this issue?

I went into Uplay, clicked on My Games, and it was there for me to DL, have you tried that?

Also, I wonder why they didn't think to advertise the 75% of games with the $1. Would have made sense to list them on the same page. Otherwise they are very hard to find. Not that I want to buy them.

#25 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:39 PM

I always wanted to pick up HAWX 2. Thanks!

decker%2001.jpg

#26 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I went into Uplay, clicked on My Games, and it was there for me to DL, have you tried that?

Just tried that. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place. It's there. Thanks!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#27 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

It seems that Ubisoft has found the "magic" price point where I would accept their stupid UPlay DRM (especially after that fiasco during the Steam Summer Sale). Bought HAWX 2 for $1 and thinking about Driver and Silent Hunter

#28 CheapSteam

CheapSteam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think Uplay achievement system is one of the best ever. Plus most of their games are good ports.

Definitely buying them at 75% off

#29 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

...in for hawx 2 at that price
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#30 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

I recently picked up Hawx 2 and Driver SF in one of the countless Best Buy B2g1 used games sales. I'll resell them on ebay or something I guess. Thanks OP. No real issues with the Uplay module so far. Sucks if we actually have to be online for any of these games, as I can think of several instances for myself where I might not be able to be online.

Anybody happen to know if I can still play this overseas? I'm currently in the US, but I'll be traveling to Korea soon for at least a year. I hope that I don't have to wait to play any of these games because Uplay doesn't accept my "out of territory" IP or something. I'll likely be subscribing to a VPN anyhow so I can continue to get Netflix/Hulu, etc, but it'd be nice to not have to connect to it for games that I don't intend to play online.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.