Final Fantasy Xiii-2 CE with novella $29.99 (PS3 only so far) @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

This may be YMMV, my local best buy clearanced the PS3 edition of the CE to $30 today as pictured. I had a friend with me who wanted the 360 edition (store had one of each) and it rang up $60, though the GM gave it to him for $30 as well, stating "just get rid of it". Hah!

Posted Image

#2 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:44 AM

It's not YMMV and I think there's a thread floating around on this already. Nevermind, it's the same price at GameStop is all.

#3 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

It's not YMMV and I think there's a thread floating around on this already.

There is for gamestop... I'm not aware of any best buy drop, and if I'm not mistaken, all best buy clearance prices are YMMV.

You edited after I replied... don't forget this comes with a hardcover short novel, exclusive to best buy.

#4 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yeah, I had just found the thread heh.

#5 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Yeah, I had just found the thread heh.

I've been here for near ten years now. I know my way around. ;)

#6 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:50 AM

I've been here for near ten years now. I know my way around. ;)

Lol, you'd be surprised. . .

#7 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

Would be nice to grab one at that price but my BB doesn't have any for either system. And I called the Gamestop nearby that had one and they said it was the only CE copy and was sealed. Went to buy it and it turned out to be gutted copy for display purposes so to Hell with that . . .

#8 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

I would so go for this except I prefer PS3 over Xbox and none of my stores have the PS3 version.

EDIT: Also if you could take the time to PM this price to Amazon (specifically the PS3 version) that would be super awesome.

#9 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

Gamestop has the original CE which i think is a better deal for the same price, you get the cool packaging with the 4 disk soundtrack and art book. I seen people selling the slip cover and book for that novella edition on ebay for like $10 or so lol

#10 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Good deal. Thanks, OP.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:pc: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#11 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Gamestop has the original CE which i think is a better deal for the same price, you get the cool packaging with the 4 disk soundtrack and art book. I seen people selling the slip cover and book for that novella edition on ebay for like $10 or so lol

Umm... he's clearly posting the CE, not the novella only edition.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#12 solarnoise

solarnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

is there any way we can search for this on the BB site and find inventory? i think the CE page for ps3 doesn't exist anymore

#13 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Sku is 4120055. Just play around with the in store locater link until it takes it and shows the product.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#14 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:16 AM

There is for gamestop... I'm not aware of any best buy drop, and if I'm not mistaken, all best buy clearance prices are YMMV.

All you need is a pic showing the price from another BB store and/or a pic of the receipt w/price & the store #/phone # of the store. Your local BB can then call & verify the price(IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE IN STOCK) and they can match the price.

If you know how to talk to the CSR they can even swap PS3 or X360 versions for you too...this however would be YMMV. If you're really in a jam & gotten have the game a certain system buy the game & get a gift receipt & come back to do a even exchange using the gift receipt.

is there any way we can search for this on the BB site and find inventory? i think the CE page for ps3 doesn't exist anymore

PS3
http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

X360

#15 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

According to the Best Buy trade in site, the vanilla has a $8 trade in value...doubled with next week's trade-in bonus. Not a bad deal for anyone looking to upgrade to the CE and novella. Unfortunately, none in stock near me.

#16 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

stores near me show unavailable. I saw 1 or 2 earlier this week so hopefully it's still there by the time I check again

#17 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:57 AM

stores near me show unavailable. I saw 1 or 2 earlier this week so hopefully it's still there by the time I check again

Good luck! This is one of the nicer CEs I own. Very well put together.

#18 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:42 AM

Umm... he's clearly posting the CE, not the novella only edition.

OK i didnt pay too much attention to the picture, yeah its the same one i picked up.. the title of this thread said Novella though which its not. I think these are clearance to get rid of all of them.
This is the Novella one
Posted Image

#19 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:43 AM

I hope Amazon price matches this.

#20 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

is there a collectors edition WITH novella?

#21 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:51 AM

you could buy the novella on ebay
people even selling it with the slip cover
http://www.ebay.com/...b#ht_551wt_1037

#22 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

OK i didnt pay too much attention to the picture, yeah its the same one i picked up.. the title of this thread said Novella though which its not. I think these are clearance to get rid of all of them.
This is the Novella one

The initial copies of the CEs and standard editions both came with the Novella comic. The CEs with the Novella are just harder to find now.

#23 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

is there a collectors edition WITH novella?

Yes, the photo in OP is one with the novella.

#24 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

Is the novella worth a read?

#25 mtincher

mtincher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Nevermind, it is roughly 26 pages long. Not worth spending $14 for it on ebay.

#26 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

Funny, I just happened to see a few of the novella editions at 2 separate bestbuys today for $40. Never saw them before. I wonder if there was a recent purge of them. They have different upc, but same sku as regular.

Edited by scottman, 18 August 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#27 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

I hope Amazon price matches this.

it's a clearance price not sale so you won't see them match but in the future they may drop the price.

#28 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

it's a clearance price not sale so you won't see them match but in the future they may drop the price.

GameStop has this for the exact same price, so you could ask them to PM GameStop's price instead.

#29 ShadowMillions

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Anyone mind linking us to the search results by SKU ? I could only find the 360 version online, but not the PS3 version. :(
:newbie:
Join SwagBucks! Earn up to $25 Amazon credit a month! http://www.swagbucks.../ShadowMillions

#30 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

Anyone mind linking us to the search results by SKU ? I could only find the 360 version online, but not the PS3 version. :(