Dragon's Dogma (PS3/360) = $39.99 at Best Buy.com

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Not sure if some of you were waiting to PM a sale price on Dragon's Dogma but Best Buy has it for $39.99 which I believe is the cheapest it's been since release

PS3

#2 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

$20 down, $20 more to go.
Posted Image

#3 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

yup, it's pricematch time.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#4 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Planning to trade this in tomorrow, I hope the TIV hold at $14.

#5 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

$20 down, $20 more to go.

wishful thinking for some reason this has been holding above $50 for longer than expected. I might bite if I can work something in to get the $10 savings code, still would have till end of october to match a cheaper price.:-k

#6 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

Well worth it at this price. I paid $60 for it at launch and it's currently my GotY. A sleeper hit, IMO.

#7 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

I'm holding out for the version that will feature all the DLC. It's a CAPCOM game, right? I'm guessing it'll be inevitable. While I liked the demo, I didn't think this was anything worth running out to get. People I know who've played the game enjoyed it, so perhaps it'll be on my summer backlog for next year.
Posted Image

#8 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

planning to trade this in tomorrow, i hope the tiv hold at $14.

+1

#9 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

I'm holding out for the version that will feature all the DLC. It's a CAPCOM game, right? I'm guessing it'll be inevitable. While I liked the demo, I didn't think this was anything worth running out to get. People I know who've played the game enjoyed it, so perhaps it'll be on my summer backlog for next year.

Not only that, but by their own admission they want this to be a flagship franchise for them, so it seems inevitable.

I really do want to play this, and I'd have gone for $40 2 months ago, but now I've got so much to play that I may as well wait it out.
Posted Image

#10 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

It no longer matters if it's a capcom game or not the GOTY strategy is being p/u'd by damn near everyone & b/c it's profitable it'll be here to stay. I'm ok with it I guess if there's enuf DLC to warrant a GOTY.

My way around overpaying is to max deal the vanilla copy & be ahead of the curve for a trade in or CL sale. Then I can easily wait for the GOTY to hit the $20ish sweet spot since I've already enjoyed the main course. If you do it right you're outta pocket cost will be around $45 or less.

#11 Qwid

Qwid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Good deal on a new copy. I already got a used/practically new copy from gohastings a couple weeks ago for $30 and am still playing the game. I like it as a nice substitute till a new Monster Hunter game arrives. Capcom is taking this whole "gather materials" bit a little too far. Just too many things to combine now-a-days lol.

The game still trades into Amazon at almost $30 still so if anything it would be a $10 rental. By all means try the demo though and if you don't like the gameplay, dont't bother with the game.

#12 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

^which CAG will settle with a $10 rental...?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#13 LazyChan

LazyChan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

This game is surprisingly retaining its value. I didn't know it was going to be such a huge success but I always like to see new ip succeed. It might be a while before Dragon Dogma drop in price, this is a good deal.
:)

#14 Quagmilion

Quagmilion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I got it for $55 used at GS and returned it in the week... The boss fights were epic but the fucking travel system of you walking everywhere and the damn pawns not shutting up really pissed me off enough to not keep it... Maybe for $20 at most.

#15 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

meh.. think its worth it at this price? I was really waiting for <$30 or so. But then again if i wait too long people probably wont be playing it to use my pawn and stuff like that. Its been holding its value for a while.

Buy now or wait a bit longer.. dunno

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#16 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

meh.. think its worth it at this price? I was really waiting for <$30 or so. But then again if i wait too long people probably wont be playing it to use my pawn and stuff like that. Its been holding its value for a while.

Buy now or wait a bit longer.. dunno

^_^x KD

you could buy now & add stuff to get the $10 savings code. Not sure if you're silver but if so you'd have till late Oct for it to hit your $30 buy price.

#17 Dabears34

Dabears34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Got it for $50 on release at BB and plat'ed it in less then 2 weeks. While short it is well worth 39.99 not because it is the best looking game out there but because of the game play. Gfx are PS2 like at times so if you are expecting this gen Gfx wait and see if Capcom will put some effort into that dept. in the sequal. My 2 cents.

#18 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

since the online isnt really conventional there is no real rush to get it with a backlog like mine.
Posted Image

#19 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

I really want this. But I already own Skyrim, finished the main story line, and haven't downloaded Dawngaurd yet, and I have The Witcher 2, but I haven't even opened it yet.

#20 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Already owned this and put about 15 hours into it. So tempted but I just bought war in the north for 4 bucks. I'm hoping we get a gcu coupon next month.

#21 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

The difficulty spikes in this game are ridiculous. The fighting was solid though. You should rent this one if you're unsure about it.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#22 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Wow, it took three months but the game finally dropped in price. Last time I saw that happen was Skyrim. Go try the new demo if you're on the fence (PS3 only) because it includes the entire intro, character creation, and you can use your save in the full game if you end up buying it. Definitely my GOTY, hands down.

Still hoping they add a hard mode soon so I can start the game over. When you're level 100+, you're pretty much invincible.

#23 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Me, too, hoping for the Gamer's Coupon that is. I would like to be able to pick this up for $10 like Kingdom of Amalur, which just a fantastic game really.

Already owned this and put about 15 hours into it. So tempted but I just bought war in the north for 4 bucks. I'm hoping we get a gcu coupon next month.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#24 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

The difficulty spikes in this game are ridiculous. The fighting was solid though. You should rent this one if you're unsure about it.

Quite honestly, I found the difficulty concerns to be a complete non-issue and am still puzzled by it. It didn't take long to be able to handle the enemies fine wherever I went. Just don't go wandering off early in the game until you do some of the beginning quests and you'll be fine. I would not let difficulty concerns keep you from getting this game at all.

#25 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

They added an easy mode (or should I say girlfriend mode :lol:) so that's no longer an excuse. Everyone should just buy it now so they can experience the pawn system/UR-Dragon with an active community.

#26 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

They added an easy mode (or should I say girlfriend mode :lol:) so that's no longer an excuse. Everyone should just buy it now so they can experience the pawn system/UR-Dragon with an active community.

Yea, I call it baby mode. This game retained its value because it is surprisingly a great game. I have more fun with this than I did with Skyrim. Its not as pretty but it is just an overall better game. A steal at $40.

#27 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Well that's great. Got it last Monday for full price at the store. >:\ I wonder if I'm able to get a price match and get the sale price for it.

#28 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Well that's great. Got it last Monday for full price at the store. >:\ I wonder if I'm able to get a price match and get the sale price for it.

Do you still have the receipt? Just buy a new copy for $40 and return it using your old receipt.

#29 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Is it true there's no fast travel in this game?

#30 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Absolutely. Best Buy has a 30 day window for price matching. Just bring your receipt to the customer service desk.

Do you still have the receipt? Just buy a new copy for $40 and return it using your old receipt.

Completely not necessary, see above.