63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#2 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Wow, is Amazon actually doing their own, unique sale price on a game, as opposed to just price-matching everyone else's sales, or did I just miss it being $20 somewhere else?

#3 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

I wish Best Buy would follow suit already

Wow, is Amazon actually doing their own, unique sale price on a game, as opposed to just price-matching everyone else's sales, or did I just miss it being $20 somewhere else?

They had it at ~$23 last week. Knocking $3 doesnt seem like its too far out there
Posted Image

#4 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I don't think this game is worth it even at $20.

If you really like street fighter AE is a much better game.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#5 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

if the GameFly sale is still going on, you can snag it for $12.99

596772.png

#6 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I don't think this game is worth it even at $20.

If you really like street fighter AE is a much better game.

^^^This

#7 m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast

Leave a penny.....TAKE 10

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Sweet - it's like you're paying full price for the still-locked DLC and getting the main game for free!

#8 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:33 PM

if the GameFly sale is still going on, you can snag it for $12.99

It's not, and it sold out within a day.

I was actually going to get the PS3 ver for "Bad 80's Cover Mega Man" just to have a goofy fighter, but it was gone before I could pull the trigger. I bet Amazon is clearing them out before DoA 5 and Tekken Tag 2 come out... maybe other retailers will follow suit.
Posted Image

#9 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Was going to get it but after reading some of the comments I won't now. My wallet thanks you!!! http://www.jkfvmitwax.co.cc/depressed/

#10 chronosnes

chronosnes

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

STxT is a good game. I enjoy SF fighters though as well as MK and Blazblue. SSF:AE is also amazing. I really like what Capcom is doing with the Vita version of SFxT which is why I continue to support the PS3 version. Cross-play and cross-buy DLC is win. I'll get all the DLC on PS3 for "free" when I pick up the Vita version of SFxT.

#11 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Solid game. Worth it just to see the job Capcom did turning the Namco characters into 2D. While there are some legitimate issues with the game from a pure fighting/balance/design perspective, most of the negativity is because of the DLC cry baby losers. At $20, a good deal IMO.

#12 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

I'll wait til its drop to $10 brand new thats how I got Marvel vs. Capcom 3 waited til it hit the $10 sweet spot.

#13 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

I refuse to pay full retail for a fighter especially how funky the pricing on that genre is. One day it's $59.99 next it's $19.99 than they go and release a super duper excellent superb flaubert edition at another $59.99.

#14 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

considering that you get almost half game with all those locked dlc i wait until it cost 10 or less

#15 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I refuse to pay full retail for a fighter especially how funky the pricing on that genre is. One day it's $59.99 next it's $19.99 than they go and release a super duper excellent superb flaubert edition at another $59.99.

Could you be less informed?

Most fighters don't get an super duper additional version and the ones that do are pretty uncommon. For instance Blazblue went from CT to CS in a year and then it took 2 years to hit CSE. Additionally even if they do make an updated version, they're almost ALWAYS 39.99. This is a lot more reasonable than the typical MSRP you claim.

@ DLC people

I have the DLC and with the exception of Bryan, it's hardly worth the money. Sure it's annoying, but the standard characters are more interesting than the DLC ones.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#16 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

If my friend at bestbuy is there tommorow I think im going to do some price match action ;)
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#17 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

@ DLC people

I have the DLC and with the exception of Bryan, it's hardly worth the money. Sure it's annoying, but the standard characters are more interesting than the DLC ones.

I dunno, Lars is pretty damned good and Dudley is a beast. You don't wanna Fuck with Cody's frame trap pressure either and Jack-X loves to dish out a shit ton of damage. Nobody on CAG will ever agree they're worth $20, but hey, they are pretty legit characters either way.

#18 hypertek

hypertek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

i love tekken, but wasnt too thrilled about recent street fighter games, they all feel the same to me... so dunno if i will like this game.

#19 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

I dunno, Lars is pretty damned good and Dudley is a beast. You don't wanna Fuck with Cody's frame trap pressure either and Jack-X loves to dish out a shit ton of damage. Nobody on CAG will ever agree they're worth $20, but hey, they are pretty legit characters either way.

Couldn't agree more the dlc characters are a excellent addition to the game. Its a fun game and lots of people are always online. $20 is a good price.

#20 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

Hmmmm, the Ultra Turbo Hyper edition must be on the horizon.

#21 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

Youll more than likely get a chipped disc if you order from gamefly though as that's what happened to my twisted metal. So if someone doesn't like the game they get and wanted to trade it or sell it in the future, you wouldn't be able to

mine was in mint condition, minus one very very tiny chip...you couldnt even see it unless you got up close and went around the edge

very happy with it :bouncy:

596772.png

#22 breakin2

breakin2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

The game is $39.99. With this price, you get the game with the DLC for the $39.99. Not bad.

#23 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Sounds like the game is a big steamer. I will pass. . .

#24 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hmmmm, the Ultra Turbo Hyper edition must be on the horizon.

I hope so, still $20 is tempting but I'm not in a hurry to pick this one up. I can wait for $10 or the complete edition whichever comes first.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#25 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

I wish Best Buy would follow suit already

They had it at ~$23 last week. Knocking $3 doesnt seem like its too far out there

Wait, was this a sale? This was not highlighted, the 20 off coupons from @gamer would have made this 3 dollars.

#26 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

i love tekken, but wasnt too thrilled about recent street fighter games, they all feel the same to me... .

But, yet I bet you buy each CoD game released every year, dontchya?
I'm sure each of those feel different to you...

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#27 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

than they go and release a super duper excellent superb flaubert edition at another $59.99.

You should trademark that joke, I've never heard it before.

#28 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Wait, was this a sale? This was not highlighted, the 20 off coupons from @gamer would have made this 3 dollars.

Those are two separate thoughts in the post you're quoting. The first says that they wish that Best Buy would put the game on sale (a sentiment I share), and the second was a response to another post saying that Amazon had put this game on sale (without matching someone else's sale) recently.

The price at Best Buy over the last two months has never been cheaper than $40.

#29 y2kenjination

y2kenjination

Korean Inferno

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'll wait for the Hyper HD Remix, that'll have all the DLC on disc for $19.99.
Posted Image

#30 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

Game is now $18.99 for the PS3 edition
Posted Image